clates

clates

Hello everyone! I'm putting together a music video of Vimeo users singing along to The Beatles: "All Together Now". If you would like to submit a clip for the video, please follow these instructions:

1) CREATING YOUR CLIP:

a) CREATIVE: Do whatever you want! The song has pretty easy lyrics, so it won't take you long to learn how to lip sync them. If that's not your bag, bust a few moves. Or do something completely outrageous. It's really up to you.

b) COMPOSITION: If you decide to lip sync, please frame yourself on camera in a close up. (See Kara Canal's karaoke clips for reference.) For dance moves, a little wider of an angle is probably best. But if you've got your own tricks up your sleeves, frame it how you think is best!

2) SENDING YOUR CLIP:

a) COMPRESSION: The best file format for me to edit with is AVI. Compress with Quicktime if possible, and please let me know as best you can what you compressed your video with. (Just in case I don't have the proper codecs.)

b) TRANSFER: This one had me a bit stumped. If your file is less than 8MB, you can e-mail it to me: c_flagg@shaw.ca If it's bigger than 8MB, you can upload it to Vimeo, and send me a message. I'll download it ASAP, and then you can delete it to get your file space back. Or, in a perfect world, you can upload it to an FTP site, and I'll get it from there. (I don't know a lot about FTP sites, so any suggestions are extremely welcome!)

3) OTHER STUFF:

I've made the deadline May 12th. I know a lot of people are busy right now, myself included. Do your best, and have fun with it. This is the first time I've collaborated something like this, so if I've missed anything, please bring it to my attention.

Good luck and have fun!

charliesteadman

charliesteadman

I'm in. Could you also point us to an wav/wmv/MP3 to work with so we're all in sync? This should be good.

Dobbsie

Dobbsie

this should work, great start for a batman roject, very clear, i'm in , i was brought up on the beatles

johnbmx4christ

johnbmx4christ

.i hate the beatles..they totally suck..however..im always up for a batman project..total fun..are we each gonna do the entire song and then you edit the parts? or do we all do 1 specific piece?

becgeez

becgeez

"they totally suck" - I read this and wanted to punch someone.

johnbmx4christ

johnbmx4christ

.becgeez..since you're totally cool you can go ahead and punch me..i'm used to it cause my wife does it all the time.

Kara Canal

Kara Canal

As a child raised on the Beatles, how could I refuse?

clates

clates

Thanks for posting that mp3, guys. I got kind of stuck on that part. For those who are wondering if you should film yourself for the whole song, the answer is: Yes, if its possible. If it feels like too much work, you can record yourself singing just the chorus. But I think the finished product would be much more interesting and fun if everyone was singing the entire song. It's up to you, though! Just make sure you're having fun while you're doing it, otherwise: what's the point? Cheers!

artifact

artifact

Oh yeah baby!!! The Beatles are indeed sweet. I'm in, sounds like a fantastic idea.

Sam King

Sam King

i am going to try and do this,although i may not have my camcorder by then i am hopeing to get it, i will get back to you though

Mudry

Mudry

yay! my first collaboration! soo thrilled.

HaNNaH123

HaNNaH123

FO SHO Im in!!! I effing love the beatles!!! hummm...what funky ass dance movie to pull this time.....

Jelen!

Jelen!

im in if i can convince my friend to lend me her camera...mine is a little bit broken right now

clates

clates

oh my goodness... lots of responses! I'm stunned... but in a good way.

clates

clates

Update: I've recieved the first clip for this project! Looking forward to seeing everyone's stuff! Hope all is going smoothly.

johnbmx4christ

johnbmx4christ

.working on it..i am not gonna be able to do the whole song but just a few parts if thats ok.

Jelen!

Jelen!

is it cool if i do the song in sign language?

clates

clates

Yes, even parts of the song are helpful. And Jelen!: Please do the song in sign language! That would be fantastic!

Jelen!

Jelen!

done! sign language AND dancing. i am a woman of many talents.

clates

clates

Hey everyone! I've recieved clips from 4 users so far, and I'm hoping to get more! I'm wondering if maybe I didn't give people enough time for this. (It's quite ambitious). So I've extended the deadline to the 19th. If you read this, spread the word. Even if you can just do a clip holding a sign that reads: "All Together Now!" That would be a help. Thanks everyone!

johnbmx4christ

johnbmx4christ

.sweetness..i'll finish up the chorus i was working on then..i know mine are wierd but any particular things you need besides what you just mentioned?

Dobbsie

Dobbsie

i should hopefully have it you by the 19th , im sorry i missed the first deadline i've been really busy lately

Grayman

Grayman

you have untill the 19th

andrea

andrea

Hi! I have a question: I started to figure out how I was going to set it up. But the thing is, I don't understand why I would need to lypsync. If you're just going to use the video portion, then it wouldn't matter if i was actually singing, right? Sorry to be so dumb, but is that how you plan to use people's clips? I don't have a problem with that whatsoever, I just would like to know so I can give you what you want...Thanks!

Melissa B

Melissa B

My brother and I filmed a clip, so send him a message, Clates, and tell him to email it to you!!

and ampersand

and ampersand

AH just saw this forum and its the 24th of May! Ill check again and see if its still alright, let me know.

johnbmx4christ

johnbmx4christ

.well mister clates..i give up..i hope you're ok..what takes 2 hours to edit isnt posted yet..if you need help just ask.i can take all the footage for you and edit it for you if you're having trouble.but i hope its more like you got busy or something.and i hope all is well with you.

Jelen!

Jelen!

dude. edit and post that shit. john (or i) would be more than happy to edit it for you or help any way possible. we all helped film this and we want to see the finished product! come on, man!

Melissa B

Melissa B

Brian and I missed the deadline, but I guess it didn't really matter.

johnbmx4christ

johnbmx4christ

.well i was wondering who all sent in clips?..i hate to cut in on clates cause he seems cool but if there is no video posted then i personally would love to edit it if everyone would send me their clips.not sure i thats possible.i did the first and second verse as well as the first chorus but that was it.heck, maybe i'll just post those so you guys can laugh.i'm such a dork.

cayoyin

cayoyin

Oh man I totally missed this project...

ed

ed

Early beatles were the best.

Leonard Norbert

Leonard Norbert

Was this project ever finished? It sounded like a great idea and I would like to see the finished video. Is there a link????

This conversation is missing your voice. Please join Vimeo or log in.