Remyyy

Remyyy Plus

It was maybe already propose but just an idea not fully developped.
The numbers and the time I give aren't define, it's just a way to explain my point.

Everybody make 2 shots of 1 second each (3,4,5, I don't know, It depends on how it works, what do you think about it). 1 shot with a static thing and another with a thing in move. If possible with a sound.
We take this all together, we choose a number for each one. We choose randomly a sequence of folowing numbers and we editing the things.

I can do this myself, you're right. The point is, it's difficult to make shots really different and with people, that's more fun.

I'm waiting for your comment. (If I'm not clear, say it)

Tallulah

Tallulah

Interesting idea, Remi. I especially like the idea of random sequencing. Maybe the shots (both the static and motion) could be limited in some way...for example, the motion shot could be of cars going over a bridge or something (this may sound silly -- it's just an idea). Depending on how many people show an interest in doing this, the final result should be pretty cool.

Remyyy

Remyyy Plus

Like you've said in your message, I think it could be good that all the shots are really random. The result could be better. Maybe we can say, something you find beautiful, but we have more possibilities to have the same thing. (I know that it depends on the number of people interessested)

Gregor

Gregor

Sounds like fun! 16:9 or 4:3 ?

Gregor

Gregor

would prefer it either...and how do we organize it? shall I make a 10 second clip (5 seconds still, 5 seconds move..for how long do we make this shots annyway?) and post it on vimeo..or do we gather the footage at first and compile it?

Remyyy

Remyyy Plus

I vote for 16:9 too. 5 seconds is maybe too long (it depends how many we are) but I don't know. I think we can upload each shots somewhere compil and upload it on vimeo. Maybe everybody can have every shots. Everybody is doing a random sequence. Everybody edit the thing and everybody upload it here. It could be fun to have something randomly different but with the same thing.

A other point, the sound. I think it's better if we keep only the sound of the shots. (I mean, we don't had a other music or something).

???

Tallulah

Tallulah

More people need to be involved for this to be worthwhile. I still think that it's a cool idea, though.

I must think of something to shoot...

Gregor

Gregor

hmm maybe everybody can choose which sound he takes....the questions is: "how much individuality shall flow in each compilation?" ..in my oppinion, both, much individuality (for example: only one rule = all shots have to be in the compilation) or slight changes (more rules like same sound, same colors...), appears interesting

Remyyy

Remyyy Plus

What do you prefer ? I like the both.
Maybe I can send some message, is that pretentious ?

Tallulah

Tallulah

Just wanted to "bump" this topic up the list...

So, what's the final decision? How many of us are planning to participate?

Gregor

Gregor

"Maybe I can send some message, is that pretentious ?" Did not got that.. Do you want to put a message in your videos or do you want to send us a E-mail? I think both is absolutely not pretentious. And shall I upload it in native 16:9 or 4:3 with letterboxes? Already in vimeo size or original size?
But it seems that we do not have that much participants...

Andy Galletly

Andy Galletly Plus

i'm in if its still on...

i vote 4:3 as 16:9 will get all squashed, we can always individually letterbox 16:9, (or some freaky aspect of our own choosing)

f3ilter

f3ilter

I'd like to be involved in this Remyyy, but I don't have ready access to a video camera. all I have is the video that the digital still can take. Would this be acceptable?

Remyyy

Remyyy Plus

Yeah ! I think we can go with 16:9 in orginal size (best quality in you want to keep it) but if somebody wants to make different, we'll adapt ourself.

For the people we need, when I spoke from send a message, I meaned send a message in vimeo to charliesteadman, alex itin, or some people like this you know who could be interested.
I'll send one to Alex itin, lcf, pau.cc and charliesteadman.
edit : I have send a message to them too : Baywhale, Perez, Peika, DrPiranha, gentry and johnbmx4christ.

One thing important, what time ?

I'm for something really short who impose to use all the shot (like 1 sec or 2 maybe). But I'm open.

To have all the shots, I propose to take all your shots, make a zip file, upload in a free website and give the link here.

pau valiente

pau valiente

Yes, I recieved the message! All I can say is "thanks" for think about me, not pretendious at all, and less with your nice attitude!
Great, listening all you say I like the idea:

Format: free, 16:9 or 4:3
Sound: yes. free.
Source: Digital video, animation, photos .... free ...
Clips: 2
Duration: less than 5 sec. one and less than 3 the other.
Limitations: One could be a color and the other a form (square, round, triangle) Just a limitation per clip.
When to present: a week to prepare the clips.

All I've writen here are individual preferences, I hope everybody of you make the same exercise and we finish with a definitive list.
Any more opinions?

And thanks again to contact!

Remyyy

Remyyy Plus

Format : ok, free
Sound : free too
Source : all
Clips : 2
Duration : I follow
Limitations : I don't understand your idea pau.cc
A week to prepare.

What do you mean by a color, film in color ? and a form, to film a form or to put a mask with a form on the shot ? Sorry

Tallulah

Tallulah

I think the only limits we should have are the number of shots (two -- one still, one motion) and time (I like pau.cc's idea).

But that's me...

charliesteadman

charliesteadman Plus

Thanks for the invite, I'm in. A week deadline is good for this project. I'll send a link to my 4:3, 1sec-5sec random shot clip(s) when complete.

johnbmx4christ

johnbmx4christ

.thx for the email remyyy and thinking of me too..i can try even though i am slightly confused..i really wanted to do the other project with you too but i have clients at the moment but this sounds easy so far and i think i can squeeze it in.

Remyyy

Remyyy Plus

I have thought (yeah, it's possible) and I believe it will be complicate if we must wait everybody choose what sort of limitations he or she wants(maybe in a second time). I think we can go. I hope nobody will be angry not to choose. I think if we don't go now, we'll never go. (too much complicate to speak to each other in a forum, I think)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
So we go, in one week (9/13), each of us have 2 clips, one less than 3 seconds, one less than 5 seconds. One static, one with move. No other limitations. No matter if it's made with a camera, photos,... (for Perez, and F3ilter)
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
We should be ten, so it makes 80 seconds.
You send me a link with the clips when you've finished (example : yousendit.com/ ) I make a zip file and post here the link.

If you see something you want absolutely change, say it.

If anybody wants to join in, it's free.

Gregor

Gregor

but which aspect ratio?

BRYAN M. FERGUSON

BRYAN M. FERGUSON

i'm interested... but need this cleared up...

when u say static... do you mean: the camera being static or the focal point of the shot or both?

...the same with the movement shot, can the camera and focal point of shot move? or just the action in the shot?

Remyyy

Remyyy Plus

So first, te aspect ratio is like you want. (I think pau.cc is right, we'll see)

It wasn't really clear for the static.
We say static means static shot (too restrictive I've thought if static thing) and move we say shot with a camera movement (no matter if things filmed are in move or not).

Sorry, like you've seen I'm not good to organize this kind of things but I hope we can go until the end.

Gregor

Gregor

hmm... I thought the whole time the other way around. Camera both times static but one of the objects we are shooting is moving, one not.

BRYAN M. FERGUSON

BRYAN M. FERGUSON

ok I think I get what you mean now, so in the static shot the action within the shot can indeed be moving?

any chance we can lengthen the deadline, we should really try and get more ppl involved...plus means I can actually be involved because I'm working at the moment and dont have the time as of yet should next week sometime though?

any chance of that guys?

daphne

daphne

This sounds fun! Can I play?

I'll upload something this weekend and hope that you can use it.

This is easy enough to be an ongoing thing. I love this idea. Maybe eventually we can all take the random footage everyone uploads for a future project and edited it into our own versions, then debut it on a certain day. It would be really interesting to see the different films.

This idea has great potential. Good call, Remyyy!

Gregor

Gregor

hmm..ok. I am confused too.. so how do you think about it? should the words static/non-static be related to the camera movement (one time static, one time not) or the movement of the objects (camera always static, object moves in one shot / another object in the other shot not)

Remyyy

Remyyy Plus

So, i'm confused to confused you. It wasn't the original idea but we go with camera movement, ok ? Maybe it's a bad idea but we need to fix.
Sorry again !

EDIT : about the people, I think it's ok now. More people involved is more complicate to manage. We are 12 now ! If it works properly, and if it's interesting, we can try it again with more.

BRYAN M. FERGUSON

BRYAN M. FERGUSON

how about the static shot has the object aswell as the camera still

and the non-static shot has no limitations camera can move, object can move etc?

Remyyy

Remyyy Plus

Ok, so I think it's good. I make a final post to clear all.
Here we go :
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Format : free
Sound : free too
Source : all
Clips : 2
Duration : one less than 5 seconds and one less than 3 seconds
Limitations : one with static shot and static object, one non static (see just the post before).
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If anybody wants to join in, it's free.

BRYAN M. FERGUSON

BRYAN M. FERGUSON

so any chance we can shift the deadline so it isn't so close now that we've figured everything out? and so everyone can get a go....i'm really busy with work n stuff so I'd be really grateful...

daphne

daphne

Ok...best of luck with the project. Thanks for letting me know not to shoot anything.

Remyyy

Remyyy Plus

Ok, so, I change the deadline for cineplastix.

Deadline : friday 9/15

pau valiente

pau valiente

Great, hands on the project!
(if cineplastix needs the next weekend too maybe we can do an exception while we compile all the clips?)
I'm willing to see the results !!!

Remyyy

Remyyy Plus

I've send him a message and normaly it's ok for this date. If there is a problem cineplastix, say it.

I've forgotten something.
Make something in a classic extension, like .mov or .avi (it's better) and avoid the compression (if it's compressed, we need codec and it's more complicated).

pau valiente

pau valiente

Ok Remmy, so for .mov what codec do you prefer? And size? full, half?

Remyyy

Remyyy Plus

I really don't know the .mov extension. I just know it's easy to read.
For the size, full (It means same size as the original ??) seems good.
For the codec, I have no idea, really. If somebody know the easiest codec (for .mov) to maximize compatibility, tell us. If nobody, make what you want, we'll see.

johnbmx4christ

johnbmx4christ

.darnit!!! i missed the dealine again..so sorry remyyy.i am such a flake.

Remyyy

Remyyy Plus

For the deadline, you don't miss it. I thought today included. But anyway, we need to be more so, maybe first we can go until tonight for US and if there isn't 7 or 8, we can go until tomorrow night in the US. It lets the sunday to make the edit.

Edit : Ok, so I think we can go until tomorrow night, if that's ok for all !

pau valiente

pau valiente

Or maybe we can give the weekend to the lazy ones!
I'll check now your vids!

Gregor

Gregor

Sorry...I was into 2 projects and had to work in the week and at the week end I was travelling..so I was not able to shoot the pictures...maybe monday..if it is already to late I'll just be pleased to see your compilations

Remyyy

Remyyy Plus

If some people could do this clips, it will be great because, we are only three, and that's not interresting with only 6 clips.

Gregor : Ob du kannst, das ware super !

pau valiente

pau valiente

Hey Remmy and f3ilter, great clips, they are very "cinema noir", and ask for be edited and tell a stroy!! The result could be great! (Actually I realise my clips are much simbolic now, but well ...)

Alex Itin

Alex Itin Plus

I'm totally confused about what the project is now? LOL

m.aquila

m.aquila

I everybody,
I know I'm *really* late and I didn't join the project in time,
but i like it :), I've also watched some clips and I liked them too (the one with the camera mounted on a pen by pau.cc is great).
so, if it's ok for you i'd like to join, otherwise I'll wait for the next projects

Remyyy

Remyyy Plus

You're welcome ibcbulk, we're not enough, so, go, go, go !

pau valiente

pau valiente

C'mon, the more we will be the more we will laugh!!!
ibcbulk, thanks for your comment about the pen clip. Your bike clips are great, they allow to build a big history!

daphne

daphne

I asked if I could do this earlier and was told that there were already enough people...are you guys still open for more people joining in?

pau valiente

pau valiente

Daphne, you are very welcome to post your videos!
I got the idea you where to upload your clips, please do it!

Remyyy

Remyyy Plus

Sorry Daphne, there was a misunderstood ! Maybe me, but if it was, it was not what I wanted to say. Welcome, welcome !

daphne

daphne

Oh fun! Thanks! I'll get something up right away.

Remyyy

Remyyy Plus

Are we waiting more or are we beginning with what we've got (I'm a little bit frustated) ??

Tallulah

Tallulah

I know my clips aren't the best -- I don't think I followed the instructions! Anyway, I have downloaded only twelve clips (including mine). It's not enough.

Remyyy

Remyyy Plus

You're right. Maybe I should send some messages.

m.aquila

m.aquila

Why don't we start working on the clips we have?

Remyyy

Remyyy Plus

I think you're right ! Let's go ! What tag do we use ?

Gregor

Gregor

woah...ok..hey guys...my hard drive broke down about 3 weeks ago..finally I have a new one...and I'm back! Is there still a need for my clips?

Remyyy

Remyyy Plus

Yes if you could do your quick (as you wish ?), it would be cool !

This conversation is missing your voice. Please join Vimeo or log in.