Thommy Browne

Thommy Browne Plus

Dave, do you mainly use iMovie? Or do you use final cut? Or something else all together?

Tallulah

Tallulah

Thanks, FuzzyDave! I've been looking for something like this!

FuzzyDave

FuzzyDave

Thommy: iMovie is the app I use. It's actually a more robust app than most people give it credit for. And when used in conjunction with GarageBand it's possible to create professional-grade stuff.

I've seen a couple independent films on HBO/IFC/Sundance that were cut with iMovie, so it isn't quite the FisherPrice app it appears to be. I think its ease-of-use and intuitive GUI throw a lot of people off at first, because they think a high-powered editing app should be more complicated to learn.

mikedup

mikedup

I love morphX very cool app, never used visual hub before... thanks for the tip dave!

FollyMadness

FollyMadness

Hey Dave. Thanks for that QT link. My friend was looking for just the thing the other day! : D

Thommy Browne

Thommy Browne Plus

I have a older version of iMovie - maybe like the first version? If I ever get that 24" iMac I'm sure it will come with the newest version.

Iain Brew

Iain Brew

I started off on a Performa 6400 with Avid Cinema - analog editing system lol - then I moved on to iMovie, Final Cut Express and now sitting in front of Final Cut Pro Suite 5 - iMovie is a great app - has so many features - I often find myself popping back to it to do something Final Cut doesn't offer (ie certain effects or cool titles)

EDIT: I found my old MacintoshLC which had this really random video editing app that operated in 320x240 from memory - gosh - how far it has all come since then!

Justus Zimmerly

Justus Zimmerly

I actually use iSquint to convert video. It's made by the same people as Visual Hub but it's completely free.

This conversation is missing your voice. Please join Vimeo or log in.