Glen Grant Single Malt Whisky

Glen Grant Single Malt Whisky Plus

Hi you will need to login with 1234.
The vimeo videos in my sequence.js slider are not working.
When I click play nothing happens.
This issue appears in latest firefox as well as safari.

Link: glengranttasting.com

Ian Durkin

Ian Durkin Staff

Hi there, sorry for the trouble. Your play button is working fine for me in both Safari and Firefox. Do you have any browser add-ons or firewalls that may be inhibiting our code?

Hi Ian,
It seems to not work on the newer Firefox version (Firefox 18.0 and above) although I can confirm it does work in Firefox 15.0.
I have tried using the "Restart Firefox with addons disabled" feature although it still didnt work.
I direct link to one of the problem pages can be found here:
glengranttasting.com/en-us/personaltasting.aspx#Welcome%20To%20Glen%20Grant
(You will need to login with 1234)

Thanks!

Link: glengranttasting.com/en-us/personaltasting.aspx#Welcome%20To%20Glen%20Grant

Mark

Mark Staff

You are most correct! I was able to replicate this in FF 18 but not 15. I will pass this along to our developers so they can look into what's causing it ASAP.

Thanks very much! Once other thing which may help is that if I use my firebug and I disable the absolute position and z-index value thats being applied on the .f object class ( pulling from vimeo ) this seems to fix the problem. Unfortunately I am unable to disable that CSS as its being pulled from Vimeo.

Mark

Mark Staff

That sounds like that would be very helpful information for our developers, thanks! I'lll let them know.

Mark

Mark Staff

It looks like sequence.js is throwing an error, which could be messup the rest of the page, since our embed requires Moogalover to communicate to the page in order to load Moogaloop.

Hi,
Could you possibly let me know what error sequence.js is throwing? I have checked in my browsers although I am not seeing any errors in the console. If you could let me know which browser + version and the error message I can try resolve it.
Thanks! :)

Hi again - Today Firefox 19.0 was released. The video play button now works perfectly in Firefox 19.0 for Windows although the problem still remains in Firefox 19.0 for Mac. Please help me out here!

Mark

Mark Staff

A developer hasn't gotten back to me yet. I will bug them again, sorry about that.

Hi Mark, any news? We have updated our flash version to the latest (11.6.602) although the problem remains. Again - this is working in Firefox on PC but the problem only come in in the latest version of Firefox on the Mac. Thanks!

Mark

Mark Staff

I just requested an update on this, i'll let you know ASAP.

Hi Mark, just to let you know we have found the issue and corrected it. The problem was being caused by the backface-visibility: hidden CSS property which was meant to prevent graphical glitches on the slider. Thankfully we don't require the CSS property on our specific slider so we could just remove it. Thanks for your help! :)

Mark

Mark Staff

Ah! Perfect. I'm glad you figured it out, and I'm really truly sorry our developers were lagging a bit with this issue. Things are a bit hectic over here.

This conversation is missing your voice. Please join Vimeo or log in.