Boardworld

Boardworld Plus

Hey guys,

I know this problem has been reported many times before but it's getting really frustrating.

I've tried everything: logging out, emptying cache, trying different variations of the Vimeo URL.

When we go to post the Vimeo URL on Facebook, it just comes up as an empty link, no player embed.

We are releasing an episode of a big series today and we can't get it up.

Please get back to me ASAP as this is super frustrating.

Thanks.

Link: vimeo.com/60139120

Boardworld

Boardworld Plus

OK so I found a temporary fix. If I change the Vimeo URL to a bit.ly shortcut link, that link actually works. Why would it work as a bit.ly but not the actual Vimeo link. You guys really need to work on this as it's been happening a lot over the years.

Mark

Mark Staff

I just tested this and it's working fine for me. I suggest running it through the de-bugger a couple more times. This is definitely an issue on Facebook's end.

Carole Rowley

Carole Rowley

1. When I post vimeo video like to facebook it comes up either as a tiny screen or.. I can expand to a screen that goes the width of the page. Seems nothing in between.

Also there's a screen shot of a moment later in the video showing when i hit play from FB... rather then the opening shot. How can I adjust that? Thanks....

Link: facebook.com/pages/Carole-Rowley-Music/151549824885796

Ian Durkin

Ian Durkin Staff

Hi Carole, the player is looking pretty sizable to me: cl.ly/image/2N0Q3R2u3B00

That said, this is unfortunately on Facebook's side and we have no control over the player's size when it is embedded on Facebook.

Mark

Mark Staff

Nope, I think that's just about it. Like Ian said, we have no control over this.

Arterium

Arterium Plus

having the same issue. what was that bit.ly fix?

This conversation is missing your voice. Please join Vimeo or log in.