Darnell Witt

Darnell Witt Staff

=== UPDATE! PLEASE READ! ===

We apologize for the recent trouble you have been experiencing with our uploader. We believe that occurrences of the "Invalid File" error should be greatly reduced. At this time, it would be of great help to us for you to re-try your upload, and let us know whether you are still seeing this error.

If you do see the error, please provide us with the link to the failed video upload, so that we can take a closer look.

Thank you for your feedback and patience as we work on resolving this issue!

=== ORIGINAL MESSAGE FOLLOWS ===

We've received a bunch of reports from users who are seeing this error message while attempting to upload: 

"OOPS! This doesn't appear to be a valid video file. Please try again."

Our developers are currently trying to get to the bottom of this. If you're uploading a valid video file and seeing this error repeatedly, please post here with these additional details:

(1) Try switching between the Basic and Advanced Uploaders (cl.ly/image/3k0T452Q0S26) and let us know if the error is occurring on both versions or only one. (If you're on Internet Explorer, you can skip this step.)

(2) Try switching browsers (we recommend starting with Firefox) and let us know if you're seeing the same issue across all browsers.

(3) Describe what happens on the upload page *before* the error message pops up. Does the error pop up immediately? Does it happen after your upload gets to 100%? Somewhere in between?

(4) Tell us the size of the file you're trying to upload. 

We're working on resolving this issue ASAP, and this information will be extremely helpful to us. Thank you for your help and patience!

**WORK-AROUND: If all else fails, you can also try uploading via Dropbox: vimeo.com/help/faq/uploading_from_dropbox (We of course want to make sure uploads work for you without a hitch on-site. However, if your upload is time-sensitive, you can use this as a work-around while we dig into this issue.)**

Damo Hill

Damo Hill Plus

Hi there, I've tried 3 or 4 times now to upload my video for the Vimeo Weekend Challenge without any success. It gets to 100percent then it waits for a little while before saying "OOPs! This doesn't appear to be a valid video file". I really just want to be a part of this Weekend Challenge, but I'm trying to remain calm :)

Darnell Witt

Darnell Witt Staff

Hi Damo, I'll make sure the challenge moderators know that you've got a submission coming. :)

Can you try your upload on Firefox and let us know if you're seeing the same issue there?

Damo Hill

Damo Hill Plus

Thanks for the quick reply Darnell, I know you guys and girls there at Vimeo are always working very hard to rectify these things. I will give that a go, hopefully it turns out well.

The Accountants' RePublic

The Accountants' RePublic PRO

I have had this all day trying to upload two video files. Have converted them from wmv to hp4 to see if that worked and still same result. OOps at 100%. Have also tried Chrome and IE8. Must be crawling around inthere somewhere and not just on my machine.

Ptero Girl

Ptero Girl Plus

Does this have something to do with the recent Flash update? One came out over the weekend, and after downloading, that's when I started having probs.

Ptero Girl

Ptero Girl Plus

I'm on IE9 on a PC, uploading a QT with H.264 codec 1280 x 720 Progressive, limited at 5000 BpS AAC codec at 256KBpS, from MPEG Streamclip. Done this plenty of times before too. Had issues with Flash earlier today with Youtube playback as well... Hmmm. Hopefully it'll be fixed in the AM.

Tricia Mentor

Tricia Mentor Plus

I am really tired of this wasted time. I have tried 4 times tonight and I followed all the requirements now morning! I have to put my vids for class up here and if they are not there by noon tomorrow I lose a 5 ponts off my final grade. I had to post it on Youtube. It took a lot less time. Sorry I had to do what I had to do!
I have tried and failed several times last week then it worked but a day late and a dollar short movie nobody saw because they don't show late submissions.

Zena Hirsch

Zena Hirsch Staff

Hi all,

We apologize for the recent trouble you have been experiencing with our uploader. We believe that occurrences of the "Invalid File" error should be greatly reduced. At this time, it would be of great help to us for you to re-try your upload, and let us know whether you are still seeing this error.

If you do see the error, please provide us with the link to the failed video upload, so that we can take a closer look.

Sarah Barton

Sarah Barton

Hi I've had this message 3 times while uploading using Safari this morning. My film is 50.9MB. The third time I watched what happened. it got to 100% and then sat and thought about it for a while and then I go the error message. I hope this helps and you can get it fixed soon

Zena Hirsch

Zena Hirsch Staff

Hi Sarah,

Sarah Barton

Sarah Barton

HI Darnell,
I looked for that option but it's not there on my screen

Darnell Witt

Darnell Witt Staff

Hi Sarah, I see! That's because you're using an older version of Safari, which only works with the Basic Uploader. Would you mind trying your upload on Firefox to see if that works any better?

Zena Hirsch

Zena Hirsch Staff

Hi Sarah,

Corellian Engineering Ltd.

Corellian Engineering Ltd. Plus

Tried both basic and advanced uploader, both Safari and Chrome, starting a new file and also tried uploading a replacement to a failed file. Each time it gets to 100%, waits for a couple minutes then spits back the 'oops not a valid video file' error. Only started overnight (Hong Kong time) as my video sent 10 hours previously went without hitch.

File size is 210MB, H264 5mbit VBR MP4, as per the Vimeo compression guidelines.

What is odd is that when uploading I can see Vimeo showing me a stream of thumbnails (next to the progress bar) so obviously the server can read the file totally fine. It's just not finishing the upload for some reason.

All these are affected:
vimeo.com/60608324
vimeo.com/60607002
vimeo.com/60605134
vimeo.com/60604077
vimeo.com/60601117

Password protected (client videos) so if you need the password just drop me a PM.

Darnell Witt

Darnell Witt Staff

Thank you for all of those details! That is very helpful. Our developers are working hard to get to the bottom of this.

I know you've already tried Safari and Chrome. Would you mind trying Firefox as well? So far we haven't received any reports from that browser, and we're trying to isolate the issue as much as possible.

Just woke up ... trying FireFox now will report back once it's downloaded and installed.

Incidentally, uploading videos made on the iPhone (iOS5) using the Vimeo app works totally fine BUT uploading the exact same video using a Chrome on the desktop kicks back the "/ This doesn’t appear to be a valid video file. Please try again." error which is very bizarre.

-> from iPhone (works) vimeo.com/60626943
-> from Desktop (failed) vimeo.com/60627505

Darnell Witt

Darnell Witt Staff

Hi there, We haven't fixed the problem quite yet, but it might be that you're on getting the issue intermittently. For now, can you continue to use the Advanced Uploader on Chrome and let us know ASAP if you run into any errors there?

Zena Hirsch

Zena Hirsch Staff

Please see Darnell's response above, but in addition:

I see that all of the clips you've linked to in this post were uploaded via the Basic uploader. Can you please send us some links of videos that experienced this error, when using the Advanced uploader? Thanks!

Sorry I began deleting some of the broken clips earlier this evening (last two on the list I think) and they were uploaded with the default / Advanced uploader.

Zena Hirsch

Zena Hirsch Staff

Hi there,

Jim Braly

Jim Braly

I've received the "Oops!" message a few times in the last two days, too. I thought it might have to do with a 2.35 to 1 aspect ratio, 1920 by 817 pixels, however I see many videos on Vimeo that are in the Cinemascope widescreen aspect ratio. In fact, I uploaded one myself last week -- vimeo.com/60121404 -- as a test and it plays and looks fine. Today, I also tried 1280x544 pixels and that got the "Oops!" too. My codec is H.264 quicktime with AAC audio at 48khz 320kpbs.

Link: vimeo.com/60593868

Darnell Witt

Darnell Witt Staff

Hey Jim, Thanks for the report. An irregular aspect ratio should never trigger an invalid file warning.

I see that you're using an older version of Safari and Flash player. Would you mind trying your upload in Firefox and let us know if you have the same issue?

Jim Braly

Jim Braly

I did try an upload with Firefox, Darnell, and got the same result, the "Oops!" message. The video loads up to 100 percent, sits there for a while, and then goes to "Oops!" One thing I noticed, who knows whether it is connected, is the credits are not working like they usually do, the area where you set the role for yourself and also add credits for other people who worked on the video. When you click on those links to try to change your role, or add someone else, nothing happens.

Darnell Witt

Darnell Witt Staff

Thanks, Jim. Have you tried using the Basic and Advanced Uploader? You can toggle here: cl.ly/image/3k0T452Q0S26

If so, are you seeing the same issue on both versions of the uploader? Please let us know ASAP. Thank you!

Jim Braly

Jim Braly

Hi, Darnell, when I go to cl.ly/image/3k0T452Q0S26 to try an upload, nothing happens when I click on the links to either the advanced or the basic uploader -- they do not appear to be actual links. I'm using the Safari browser, which I did successfully upload a video with last week.

Zena Hirsch

Zena Hirsch Staff

Hi Jim,

The link Darnell posted is just an image reference of where the link exists on the upload page: vimeo.com/upload. That's where you should upload your file!

Darnell Witt

Darnell Witt Staff

Hey Jim, That was a screenshot I sent you -- not an actual upload page. I was just trying to indicate where the button is on vimeo.com/upload.

However, I have some good news! Our developers were able to resolve this issue. Please try your upload again, but don't worry about switching between uploaders.

Kevin C

Kevin C

Drop box does not work - neither the manual way or the automatic way.

Darnell Witt

Darnell Witt Staff

Hey Kevin, Sorry that isn't working for you either. If Dropbox isn't go through, that would be an unrelated issue. We're only mentioning that as a work-around in this case.

Could you (1) try your upload again using Firefox and (2) post a new thread describing in detail the Dropbox problem you're having?

Kevin C

Kevin C

I tried uploading again but same problem - This doesn’t appear to be a valid video file. Please try again.

Drop box just doesnt work. I've shared my folder with vimeo, added 10 files, and vimeo does not auto upload them.

When I try to manually add the files, I go to the +dropbox, I click on the dropbox folder, then click the files but nothing happens

Darnell Witt

Darnell Witt Staff

Thanks, Kevin. Since you already emailed us as well, we'll continue to follow up with you there instead of the Help Forum.

Putchfilms

Putchfilms PRO

Hey guys,
I've noticed that while trying to upload a video of correct specs that Safari is freaking out and clamping down on the upload somehow. I notice this because my iChat client is open and the it keeps logging out and back in again like the internet is being interrupted. When I kill the upload to Vimeo, the problem stops. So I'm attempting an upload using Firefox, and I've even opened my laptop and am testing it with safari on that. So far both seem to be working. Have no idea what is going on, but I am resetting Safari on the MacPro and seeing if clearing out the cruft will fix this issue. I'll repost when I have more info.

Zena Hirsch

Zena Hirsch Staff

Hi there,

Jake Lucas

Jake Lucas Plus

I'm having the same issue with 2 separate videos I'm currently trying to upload.
Will try firefox now.

Zena Hirsch

Zena Hirsch Staff

Hi Jake,

John Giannini

John Giannini Plus

Here's the link to one of the ten times I've tried to upload this file today. vimeo.com/60616759
I changed the file name a couple times to see if that made any difference. It didn't. I know for sure that the file is properly encoded. I do this for a living. I've also encoded using both Adobe Media Encoder and did another encode in MPEG Streamclip. The result was the same each time. The irony is that yesterday I uploaded the same file with no problem. I created a new file to simply correct a misspelling in a lower third. I've even embedded the file on my website, with the misspelling. The file is only 93MB.

Link: vimeo.com/60616759

John Giannini

John Giannini Plus

By the way I used had the oops! message using both the the latest version of Safari and Firefox.

Darnell Witt

Darnell Witt Staff

Hi there, Sorry you're having so much trouble! Have you tried using the Basic and Advanced Uploader? You can toggle here: cl.ly/image/3k0T452Q0S26

If so, are you seeing the same issue on both versions of the uploader? Please let us know ASAP. Thank you!

Zena Hirsch

Zena Hirsch Staff

Hi John,

Jake Lucas

Jake Lucas Plus

Just got the failed to upload on firefox as well.

Darnell Witt

Darnell Witt Staff

Hi there, Sorry you're having so much trouble! Have you tried using the Basic and Advanced Uploader? You can toggle here: cl.ly/image/3k0T452Q0S26

Migration Media

Migration Media PRO

Im pro account holder and i keep getting an opps message on my .mp4 flies that im trying to upload. I have for the past few daays been uploading the exact same flies with no issues. My browser is 100% up to date, and im usint internet explorer on a windows 7 system. It is only today and my last batch of files that i have had any issues with. I need this problem fixed asap as i am launching my website which these videos need to be available for tomorrow!!! Please help
vimeo.com/60609580

Darnell Witt

Darnell Witt Staff

So sorry about this! Our developers are continuing to plug away on this.

In the meantime, can you please try your upload using this URL? vimeo.com/upload?machine_id=41951

Let us know right away if that works for you as it will help us figure out where the problem lies.

If you'd prefer to follow up with us via email, please follow these steps:
1. Visit vimeo.com/help/contact
2. Choose "Other Issues" from the drop-down menu
3. In the body of your message, write "Please assign to Darnell"

Apologies once again for the trouble! We'll stick with you until we can get this working.

Reginald Brooks

Reginald Brooks

This worked!

Like others, qualified videos uploaded yesterday and this morning via basics stuck at 100%...then oops. Tried vimeo.com/upload?machine_id=41951 and it was just like the old days...smooth, fast, clean and my finished email notice sent sooner than predicted. I love vimeo!

All upload attempts were done with the same basic format settings that had always worked before using the same Safari browser (actually, with my very first attempts yesterday I did upload videos with a smaller resolution 480x360. I went back and upped them to 640x480. I would be surprised if this was the actual "oops" or stuck processing fault but it was an oversight on my part so I fixed it. Still got the oops til I switched to the site above.)

Thanks!

Reginald Brooks

Zena Hirsch

Zena Hirsch Staff

Hi Reginald,

Ptero Girl

Ptero Girl Plus

This worked for me too! On IE9, PC, 1280 x 720 video... This "machine_id" works!

Migration Media

Migration Media PRO

HI Thanks for the help, Im trying my first new upload now.... lets see how it goes and i will get back to you thanks again!!

Migration Media

Migration Media PRO

All seems to be working fine now my first vid is uploaded with no opps error and the rest are comming along fine... will update to let you know how it all finishes off....

Session 7 Media

Session 7 Media Plus

I am also experiencing the same issue and have tried the fixes suggested.

Darnell Witt

Darnell Witt Staff

Hi there, Thanks for the report. Is the exact same issue occurring on the Basic and Advanced versions of the uploader?

Zena Hirsch

Zena Hirsch Staff

Hi there,

Matthew Boland

Matthew Boland Plus

Hi there, I have been experiencing this problem for the last 2 hours trying to upload a 5 minute video that is within your guidelines. I have tried uploading on Safari and now Firefox using the basic uploader all to no avail.

Darnell Witt

Darnell Witt Staff

Hi Matthew, Thanks for the information!

What happens if you use the Advanced Uploader in Firefox?

Zena Hirsch

Zena Hirsch Staff

Hi Matthew,

gabrielbravo

gabrielbravo Plus

Hello! After 7 times trying to upload a video (Changed the format, .mov, .m4v, h264, etc), and using both, the basic uploader and advanced, (the advanced never uploaded a thing.. 0%, the basic reached the 100% and after several seconds or minute, the opps message.. all this in Safari..
I decided to download firefox, I installed the browser, and now i can upload my videos.. with the advanced uploadear, i didn't tried basic one..
Im glad that there is a solution, I hope others got luck too..
This is a good opportunity to reconsider the vimeo desktop uploader, that worked so fine years ago..
Saludos!

Link: vimeo.com/gabrielbravo

Darnell Witt

Darnell Witt Staff

Thank you for the additional information! Our developers are trying to get to the bottom of this.

Zena Hirsch

Zena Hirsch Staff

Hi there,

M 13

M 13 Plus

Yep, I pay MONEY for Vimeo services.....and I can't even upload a video. Keep getting the OPPS error. And then to top it off deleting the mistakes is a hassle that takes multiiple clicks. I'm sorry but Vimeo seems to be getting MORE errors and glitches as time goes on.....not less.

Zena Hirsch

Zena Hirsch Staff

Hi there,

Zena Hirsch

Zena Hirsch Staff

Hi Paul,

Darnell Witt

Darnell Witt Staff

Zena Hirsch

Zena Hirsch Staff

Hi there,

Grant Hunker

Grant Hunker Plus

Firefox worked. I tried several time on Google Chrome and had no success, even after testing uploads with previous projects. The upload would reach 100%, then several moments later (about 2 min) it said waiting for 151908298.cloud.vimeo.com.

Darnell Witt

Darnell Witt Staff

Thanks for the additional information, Grant -- that's very helpful!

Zena Hirsch

Zena Hirsch Staff

Hi Grant,

Cedar Park Christian Schools

Cedar Park Christian Schools

I've been uploading videos in .m4v for a couple years, and now having the same problem today as everyone else on this thread. I typically use Safari to upload, but after getting the 'Oops' message, I saw the comments people have made today. I logged in using Firefox as suggested, then REPLACED the file that appeared to be invalid and didn't load correctly. Everything worked like it should, and I was finished in just a couple minutes.
Good luck everyone!

Link: vimeo.com/60626708

Darnell Witt

Darnell Witt Staff

Thank you for the information! When you're on Firefox or Chrome, can you be sure to use the Advanced Uploader? You can toggle here: cl.ly/image/3k0T452Q0S26

Let us know ASAP if you have any issues when using the Advanced Uploader.

Zena Hirsch

Zena Hirsch Staff

Hi there,

Solar Home

Solar Home PRO

Yes, I'm experiencing the same issue. I've tried to upload three different video 141 megabytes each in size. It happens after the upload reaches 100% I'm using Internet Explorer. Might ne the 64 bit version. I'll try the 32 bit version next if I'm in fact using the 64 bit version.

Darnell Witt

Darnell Witt Staff

Hi there, Sorry for the trouble! Can you try switching to Firefox or Chrome and use the Advanced Uploader? You can toggle here: cl.ly/image/3k0T452Q0S26

Let us know ASAP if that resolves the issue for you!

Zena Hirsch

Zena Hirsch Staff

Hi there,

Solar Home

Solar Home PRO

Hi Zena

That did the trick ! Thank you very much for your efforts.

Ray Boggs

Sense Gallery Production

Sense Gallery Production Plus

i try up load my video file more than 10 times, but still is the same error: "OOPS! This doesn't appear to be a valid video file." i don't think so is my problem, cos i success it every times!

Darnell Witt

Darnell Witt Staff

Hi there, Sorry for the trouble! Can you try switching to Firefox or Chrome and use the Advanced Uploader? You can toggle here: cl.ly/image/3k0T452Q0S26

Zena Hirsch

Zena Hirsch Staff

Hi there,

daishin

daishin

hello. i have been trying to upload my video all evening and have repeatedly received the "oops" error in safari, chromium, and firefox. any words of wisdom on how to fix this would be greatly appreciated.

thanks!

Link: vimeo.com/user16724631/videos

Darnell Witt

Darnell Witt Staff

If so, are you seeing the same issue on both versions of the uploader?

daishin

daishin

hello, mr. witt -

i have used both versions of the uploader and have received the "oops" message with both.

Zena Hirsch

Zena Hirsch Staff

Hi there,

daishin

daishin

hello -

my video uploaded and is now being encoded-- let's hope it goes!

thanks for your help and hard work.

Link: vimeo.com/60690544

Kris Gilbertson

Kris Gilbertson Plus

There error happens after it gets to 100%, sets idle for a minute or two, like it's still processing, but it says it's fully loaded. And then the oops pops up. I've tried different formats and video files and same error. Thank you for your help with this matter. I'm on the latest version of safari too .

Darnell Witt

Darnell Witt Staff

Hi Kris, So sorry about this! Our developers are continuing to plug away on this.

In the meantime, can you please try your upload using this URL? vimeo.com/upload?machine_id=41951

Let us know right away if that works for you as it will help us figure out where the problem lies.

Apologies once again for the trouble! We'll stick with you until we can get this working.

Eugenio Barcelloni

Eugenio Barcelloni Plus

Hi, I try to upload my video "surf coaching with Barton Lynch" it only work with the Basic Uploader. You can only access to the video with a password so I watch the video many time but the stats don't match. Any suggestion?

Link: vimeo.com/60378707

Darnell Witt

Darnell Witt Staff

Hi Eugenio, This thread is about uploading issues. If you can post more details about the uploading issues you're encountering, we'd be happy to help.

If you have questions about Stats, please post in a different thread. Thank you!

Lance Watts

Lance Watts PRO

I'm getting the same error. Using Safari. Video is 321 MB. Video gets to 100% then I get the error message.

Darnell Witt

Darnell Witt Staff

Hi Lance, So sorry about this! Our developers are continuing to plug away on this.

Gary Bird

Gary Bird Plus

It seems something is badly wrong - we're all getting the same error now. It gets to 100percent then it waits for a little while before saying "OOPs! This doesn't appear to be a valid video file". 6 times now :(

Link: vimeo.com/60638136/settings/file

Gary Bird

Gary Bird Plus

In case it helps, I'm getting the same error in Chrome. Don't have and won't use Firefox. Shouldn't have to switch browsers to upload. Hope this is fixed soon. Cheers.

Link: vimeo.com/60638136

Gary Bird

Gary Bird Plus

Very weird - on my second attempt using Chrome, it worked ok.... go figure :) Still won't do it in Internet Explorer 9 though.

Link: vimeo.com/60638136

Darnell Witt

Darnell Witt Staff

Hey Gary, Thank you for confirming.

Can you your upload again on IE9 using this URL? vimeo.com/upload?machine_id=41951

Gary Bird

Gary Bird Plus

Hi Darnell,
That link worked for me using IE9, so many thanks. Hope it helps solve the hiccup :) Cheers.

LA LEONA

LA LEONA PRO

I'm having this nightmare too. My file is 472MB I tried two times with chrome. I'm trying now with Firefox.

Link: vimeo.com/60632447

Darnell Witt

Darnell Witt Staff

Joyce Chon

Joyce Chon PRO

This doesn’t appear to be a valid video file. Please try again.
I even tried loading a video that I loaded two days ago as a test and got the same message System seems to be down with so many having the same problem.

Darnell Witt

Darnell Witt Staff

Hi Joyce, So sorry about this! Our developers are continuing to plug away on this.

Sally Moran

Sally Moran

Hi I've also had this problem today. It seems that one attempt of my vid Koalas Life in the Slow Lane has now succeeded, though it failed to register my amendment to the title. There is an earlier attempt at the same vid which seems to be still uploading and isn't needed. Is it possible to change the title after upload, or do I have to delete it and repeat the process?

Link: vimeo.com/user6004321

Darnell Witt

Darnell Witt Staff

Hi Sally, Yes, you can change your title at any time from your video's Settings page. If you're having trouble saving the changes, can you please try upgrading to the latest version of Safari or using another browser? A few users have reported issues saving their settings in Safari 5.1.

Flymaker

Flymaker Plus

I'm have the same trouble as everyone else, I've tried Firefox,Chrome and Internet explorer for the past 2 days. Any help on this matter would be great as I've tried multiple times with each, the file size is over 3 gig so after 6+ hours waiting each time it's a little disappointing.
Link: vimeo.com/60628298

Darnell Witt

Darnell Witt Staff

If all else fails, you can also try uploading via Dropbox: vimeo.com/help/faq/uploading_from_dropbox

(We of course want to make sure uploads work for you without a hitch on-site. I am just suggesting this as a temporary work-around while we dig into this issue.)

Also, if you'd prefer to follow up with us via email, please follow these steps:

Flymaker

Flymaker Plus

Thank You, I was able to get the file upload using Chrome

LILY + MINX ONLINE

LILY + MINX ONLINE PRO

Hi I have the same problem, the upload gets to 100% and hangs and eventually gives the oops message. I originally thought it may be at my end so I tried to upload a file again which I successfully uploaded last week. Same result. I you leave the page while it is hung then the video exists but shows as Upload incomplete. I'm IE 9.loading videos of about 20MB

Darnell Witt

Darnell Witt Staff

Big Day Wedding Videography

Big Day Wedding Videography Plus

Having the same problem. Exported the file several different file types and bit rates. Very frustrating.
Tried to upload at least 5 times.
Using safari and firefox.

Darnell Witt

Darnell Witt Staff

LILY + MINX ONLINE

LILY + MINX ONLINE PRO

Had it fall over multiple times in IE9, switched to Firefox and it uploaded first time no issues

Darnell Witt

Darnell Witt Staff

So glad to hear that worked for you! Were you using the Advanced Uploader on Firefox?

You can tell by going to vimeo.com/upload and checking out what this link says: cl.ly/image/3k0T452Q0S26

If it says, "Switch to basic uploader," it means you're using the Advanced Uploader. Thank you!

CVM

CVM PRO

I sent an email to Darnell about the uploading issue. I responded to his specific requests by sending a "YouSendIt" link of the file that wouldn't load to him. I have since tried reloading files that have worked in the past. It still does not work. I've lost two days of business. When will this issue be resolved? Tim

Darnell Witt

Darnell Witt Staff

Hi Tim, Thanks for emailing me. I will continue to follow up with you there!

W Digital Producoes

W Digital Producoes PRO

Hello everybody I'm trying to insert a video on vimeo and I'm not getting it tells me Storage OPPS / 0B of 5GB
0%
Your weekly limit will reset on Tue 12:01 AM EST
never had this problem my video is 140.5 MB on disk (140,527,244 bytes) you guys can help me?

Darnell Witt

Darnell Witt Staff

Green Auntie

Green Auntie

Hi folks,
I took my videos down after I was pointed to a thread containing disturbed sexual comments about them. After that they appeared on youtube-- I hadn't had a creative commons license for them. Now when I try to re-upload them I get to 100% and get an oops message. Bit paranoid that the theft and the oops might be connected.

Darnell Witt

Darnell Witt Staff

There is definitely no connection between the theft and the OOPS error.

Can you try switching to Firefox or Chrome and use the Advanced Uploader? You can toggle here: cl.ly/image/3k0T452Q0S26

John Giannini

John Giannini Plus

I have tried both basic and advanced uploader. I have also used the latest version of Safari and Firefox, same OOPS!. Don't really have time to horse around with this today. Please inform me when the problem is solved.

Zena Hirsch

Zena Hirsch Staff

Hi John,

Joyce Chon

Joyce Chon PRO

Just tried to load using your advice and nothing changed. I think something is not working right with all those saying the same thing. Just deleted all the tries I made trying to get something loaded.

Zena Hirsch

Zena Hirsch Staff

Hi Joyce,

ASU Video Production

ASU Video Production PRO

We have tried multiple uploads from different computers over the past 24 hours, and we all get the same message. You should really post a general message on the website to inform users about these problems. It's only when we checked the forum we became aware that this was a major issue.

Zena Hirsch

Zena Hirsch Staff

Hi there,

Team Entiset Kuskit MX

Team Entiset Kuskit MX Plus

Now its working again, did upload same video with basic and advanced uploader. Same setup as last 12 hours but now it did work. Firefox browser.

Zena Hirsch

Zena Hirsch Staff

Hi there,

Joyce Chon

Joyce Chon PRO

We should not have to use firefox or chrome to load. I and many others do not have those on our systems and if that is now the requirement to load to this system then simply state that your system now only works with firefox and chrome. Its allot easier to do that then to have people trying to load and getting error messages you have to spend time responding to.

Zena Hirsch

Zena Hirsch Staff

Hi Joyce, sorry for the confusion! When we ask users to try another browser, it is meant only as a temporary test, while we pin-point the source of the problem. We believe that you should be able to use whichever browser you'd like.

That being said, we believe that occurrences of the "Invalid File" error should now be greatly reduced. At this time, it would be of great help to us for you to re-try your upload, and let us know whether you are still seeing this error.

Joyce Chon

Joyce Chon PRO

I tried loading a couple of videos that I had loaded earlier this week and was given your oops. I tried loading firefox and the problem still exists. I removed the videos from the system that were not loading because I saw that you were were counting them as video loaded and using my space up while the videos were not able to be seen by anyone.
My assumption is that since the problem seems to be universal is that your system is over its allowed bandwidth from whomever you do business with and there is nothing you can do till that problem is fixed.

Zena Hirsch

Zena Hirsch Staff

Hi Joyce, if you are running into this issue, please send us the links for the failed upload attempts. Thank you!

Valeria Mendez

Valeria Mendez

Same problem here, tried 5 times, twice with your suggests.

The ERROR appears at the end of the 100% upload every time, the size of my file is 5MB, I tried both uploads (simple and advanced) and tried in Chrome and Firefox.

Hope this get fixed ASAP.

Zena Hirsch

Zena Hirsch Staff

Hi Valeria,

Steve Conaway

Steve Conaway Plus

I've also been getting the OOOPS error using IE9. It gets stuck on processing. I don't seem to have the option to switch uploaders. I tried the URL you recommended (vimeo.com/upload?machine_id=41951)... this time no OOOPS error; however, I just get the rainbow screen. But, this time I get a link to my video: vimeo.com/60668800
Hope you can figure out how to solve this soon.

Zena Hirsch

Zena Hirsch Staff

Hi Steve,

Carlos Rodriguez

Carlos Rodriguez

Yep, I've tried uploading a High Res H264 and I keep getting that message. I must have tried about 10 times.

Zena Hirsch

Zena Hirsch Staff

Hi Carlos,

Steve Conaway

Steve Conaway Plus

Sorry, I was away for awhile. I uploaded two videos without error. Looks like you have the problem licked.

Foster School of Business

Foster School of Business Plus

Have been trying to upload since yesterday and getting the OOPS error. Example vimeo.com/60672214 Have tried both the advanced and the basic loader. Tried Chrome and Safari on my Mac. File was exported from Adobe Media Encoder CS6 - 1280x720 H.264, ACC, bit rate of 5,313. Length is 10:27

Zena Hirsch

Zena Hirsch Staff

Hi there,

Russell Holliday

Russell Holliday Plus

Getting the dreaded "oops" message after reaching 100%, I've tried it all... Safari, Firefox, and Chrome (all extensions turned off using both basic and advanced uploader) figured it might be a weird setting from my export of 1920 x 1080 from Premier Pro CS5 so I even tried exporting using the Vimeo HD preset (which is only 720p) and that still gave me the same "oops" message after reaching 100% upload. I think I have fixed everything on my end of the upload so does that mean there is just some sort of bug in your servers? I tried hardwiring to ethernet as well with no results :(
codec: H.264
file size Width: 1,920
Height: 1,080
Frame Rate: 30
Field Order:Progressive
Aspect: Square Pixels (1.0)
TV Standard: NTSC
Profile: Main
Level: 5.1
Checkbox Render at Maximum Depth
Bitrate Settings
Bitrate Encoding: VBR, 2 pass
Target Bitrate [Mbps]: 10
Maximum Bitrate [Mbps]: 40
VIDEO PASSWORD: fobodiggi

Link: vimeo.com/60670608

Zena Hirsch

Zena Hirsch Staff

Hi there,

Joel Lesko

Joel Lesko Plus

100% uploaded and then ooops. I've uploaded similar video files over the past week with no problem whatsoever... nothing has changed on my side.
Error - This doesn’t appear to be a valid video file.

I'm in a pickle - any way to get this working? I have clients waiting to see these files... thanks for any help.

Zena Hirsch

Zena Hirsch Staff

Hi Joel,

Joel Lesko

Joel Lesko Plus

I just tried it again (twice) and it's working now. Great. Thank you.

OUTDOORS TV

OUTDOORS TV PRO

Por favor, saben cuando van a arreglar este problema? tengo clientes esperando, por eso compre la versión vimeo PRO.
Espero respuesta, en ingles si quieren.

Zena Hirsch

Zena Hirsch Staff

Hi there,

Derek Reich

Derek Reich Plus

I've tried uploading for two days using the exact same compression settings I've used for years, and keep getting the 'oops' message. Everything seems to be working normally until after the video completes the upload, then I get the error message. Relatively small file (85MB) too. Same issues everyone seems to be having.... I'm using Firefox and tried both the old and new upload windows, but no difference.

Zena Hirsch

Zena Hirsch Staff

Hi Derek,

Zena Hirsch

Zena Hirsch Staff

Hi Derek, thanks for the clip link. Did you see this most recent error before the upload reached 100%, or after?

City Life Church Chilliwack

City Life Church Chilliwack Plus

I am also having the same issue with the basic uploader on Safari. The only change in the system or file/compression type that I am aware of is an update to Adobe Flash.

Did try the Advance uploader which doesn't seem to be working at all/

Zena Hirsch

Zena Hirsch Staff

Hi there,

Kingpins

Kingpins Plus

I haven't been able to succesfully upload a single video since last Friday.
At first I was uploading via chrome as I normally do the upload bar would not progress at all and the page would sit there indefinitely.

Today I switched to Safari and the basic uploader.
It shows the upload progressing but then tells me the video file is not valid.
I have been steadily dropping the data rate on the video(720p). I believe I'm down to 7000kbps with the same result. The file I'm currently attempting to upload is only 77.5 m.

After uploading when I go to my videos and click on the video I attempted upload it just says. "upload incomplete". vimeo.com/60679548

Zena Hirsch

Zena Hirsch Staff

Hi there,

Kingpins

Kingpins Plus

The upload was successful this time. Thanks!

david mcmackin

david mcmackin Plus

I seem to be having the same problem as the rest of your crew...

What MAY be of help is that I was uploading just fine until I discovered a color shift happening between my master, rendered out of After Effects, and the Vimeo posting. Hmmm... I thought, must be me. After some experimentation, I found a "color management" toggle in the AE export function. Turning it on fixed the color issue by associating a color profile to the file. Now, I used Compressor with a tested Vimeo settings file (as I have done 100's of times) and the output was smooth. Uploads to vimeo have not been possible since that move.

Could your problem be color management profiles originating in Quicktime??? All very frustrating but so is life...

Zena Hirsch

Zena Hirsch Staff

Hi David,

City Life Church Chilliwack

City Life Church Chilliwack Plus

I was able to successfully replace the video just a few minutes ago so it looks like we are sorted. Thanks for dealing to this so promptly.

Carlos Foster

Carlos Foster Plus

Hey there, just letting you know, the problem still persists. Just tried uploading my file again about half an hour ago and got the same message. I'm using a safari browser and am uploading a HD (1920x1080) file.

Anyway, I know you guys are on it, just wanted to let you know the bug is still there. Thanks for your continued support and help!

Zena Hirsch

Zena Hirsch Staff

Hi Carlos,

Thank you for your feedback on this issue. Is this the clip page of the video where you received the error? vimeo.com/60685428

We are looking into this now!

Carlos Foster

Carlos Foster Plus

Hi Zena,

yes that's the video I'm trying to upload. Like everyone else here, I get the "oops" message about 5 minutes into the upload process.

Thanks for checking into it. As always, the Vimeo team's commitment to their users is greatly appreciated.

Zena Hirsch

Zena Hirsch Staff

Hi Carlos,

Thanks for the details. Do you get the message after the uploader reaches 100%, or sometime before that?

Carlos Foster

Carlos Foster Plus

Hi Zena,

I get the message around 5% of the way in. Hope that helps!

Zena Hirsch

Zena Hirsch Staff

Hi Carlos, sorry for the trouble you've been having! This sounds like a slightly different issue from the one previously discussed in this thread. However, we would like to dig deep into the problem you are experiencing and find a solution! The best way to do so will be over email. Could you please send us a note using the contact form at vimeo.com/help/contact? Be sure to select "Other Issues" from your dropdown, and include a description of the problem you are experiencing.

Thanks for reaching out to us about this issue!

H. Spencer Young

H. Spencer Young Plus

I am still getting the Oops error - 1.9GB file, chrome, basic uploader - i do not have firefox but now trying safari

Zena Hirsch

Zena Hirsch Staff

Hi there, sorry for the trouble! Could you please provide the link for the clip page?

Zena Hirsch

Zena Hirsch Staff

Hi there, thanks for the information. When do you see this error occurring? Does the uploader reach 100%, or do you see it before then?

Also, I would recommend uploading your file using the Advanced uploader: cl.ly/image/3k0T452Q0S26 Please let us know if you experience the same problem using the Advanced uploader. Thank you!

H. Spencer Young

H. Spencer Young Plus

files do not reach 100% in chrome or safari - ive tried both uploaders same outcome - trying firefox as we speak

H. Spencer Young

H. Spencer Young Plus

for what it's worth, the upload speed in firefox just reached reached 2.5 MB/s which is astronomically faster than I've seen with chrome or safari, oops-error notwithstanding

H. Spencer Young

H. Spencer Young Plus

the upload worked via firefox . . .

ps. the video settings / video file page is messed up on all 3 browsers - where you activate 1080p . . . will keep trying

Zena Hirsch

Zena Hirsch Staff

Hi there, sorry for the trouble you've been having! This sounds like a slightly different issue from the one previously discussed in this thread. However, we would like to dig deep into the problem you are experiencing and find a solution! The best way to do so will be over email. Could you please send us a note using the contact form at vimeo.com/help/contact? Be sure to select "Other Issues" from your dropdown, and include a description of the problem you are experiencing.

Wes Malkin

Wes Malkin Plus

I'm trying to replace a video and getting the same OOPs message I've been trying for the past 14 hours. I disengaged the safari extensions but hasn't helped.
Using the same aspect ratio I've always used. Really need to replace this file ASAP.

Thanks,

Link: vimeo.com/58006168

Zena Hirsch

Zena Hirsch Staff

Hi Robin, thanks for the information. When do you see this error occurring? Does the uploader reach 100%, or do you see it before then?

Also, I would recommend uploading your file using the Advanced uploader: cl.ly/image/3k0T452Q0S26 Please let us know if you experience the same problem using the Advanced uploader. Thank you!

JESD

JESD Plus

Not sure if you fixed it on your end. But I just reloaded my video 60689952 without issue using Chrome.

Wes Malkin

Wes Malkin Plus

Hello, Zena, Can someone can get back to me??

Thanks!

Zena Hirsch

Zena Hirsch Staff

Hi there, I responded to your original post above. Here it is again, just in case:

Hi Robin, thanks for the information. When do you see this error occurring? Does the uploader reach 100%, or do you see it before then?

Sarah Barton

Sarah Barton

HI Zena,
I ran out of time as I had to travel interstate and so I got someone else to upload the video to my account from their computer. I won't have time to get back to this now ... sorry
Sarah

Allan Browne

Allan Browne

I tried uploading. don't have chrome just I.E. goes to 47% says"OOPS! This doesn't appear to be a valid video file." second time 67% and then same error. been doing htis for the past 3hrs. any help out there?

Zena Hirsch

Zena Hirsch Staff

Hi Allan, sorry for the trouble you've been having! This sounds like a slightly different issue from the one being discussed in this thread. However, we would like to dig deep into the problem you are experiencing and find a solution! The best way to do so will be over email. Could you please send us a note using the contact form at vimeo.com/help/contact? Be sure to select "Other Issues" from your dropdown, and include a description of the problem you are experiencing.

Kirk Biglione

Kirk Biglione PRO

Uploaded three one minute videos today without a hitch (it was slow, but I can live with that). Five hours later I'm still waiting on conversion. These are very short videos. Should i re-upload or will that make matters worse.

Alexander Productions

Alexander Productions Plus

Hey guys hope you well..

please could you help me out, I've got two struggling files
vimeo.com/60654080
vimeo.com/60654020 - this one is more important as it is huge and i've used one tenth of my monthly cap to get it live!

both of them got to 100% if you could see if you could resolve your side I'd be most grateful!
thanks so much,
andrew

This conversation is missing your voice. Please join Vimeo or log in.