Forty Two

Forty Two PRO

I have a quick question about mobile videos. I have a Pro account and have the "mobile version" checkbox checked in my videos settings.

Do I need to do anything special to embed the mobile version of my videos? When I go to vimeo.com/m/60771033 on my Android phone and press play, it plays just fine and automatically launches your slick little mobile player, fullscreen and all..

But when I use the embed code and go to my site on my Android, it's the run of the mill video player. The video still plays just fine, but it doesn't do the neat fullscreen trick like the page listed above.

Is what I'm trying to do possible? Here's my embed code, for reference:

IFRAME src="player.vimeo.com/video/60771033?autoplay=true"; width="500" height="281" frameborder="0" webkitAllowFullScreen mozallowfullscreen allowFullScreen

Tommy Penner

Tommy Penner Staff

Hi there, what Android phone are you using, which Android version is installed, and what browser are you using?

Forty Two

Forty Two PRO

This occurs on both a DROIDX with Android 2.3.4 using the built-in browser and with an ANDR6300 with Android 4.0.4 using Chrome.

Both phones have the proper mobile player when I go to the Vimeo mobile video page, but when they're embedded on my site, they default to the standard player (they still work just fine).

If it matters at all, the player isn't embedded on page load, but is appended to the DOM via Javascript when a play button is clicked.

Tommy Penner

Tommy Penner Staff

I think I see what you mean now. The videos are still playable, but the Vimeo controls don't appear? (i.e. Vimeo play button, like and share buttons)

Forty Two

Forty Two PRO

Sorry, not really -- I'll try and be more clear.

When I visit the site vimeo.com/m/60771033 on either Android phone and press play, the screen goes black except for the video and launches what appears to be a custom mobile player.

Is there a way to use that custom player on my own site? Right now, the Vimeo player DOES work, I'd just like it to look the way it does on the mobile Vimeo video page.

Is this something I'd need to code myself using one of your API's?

This conversation is missing your voice. Please join Vimeo or log in.