Java Post Production

Java Post Production Plus

Hello. I am trying to make all the videos on our account have a new embed preset applied to them.

Under Profile > My Settings > Video Tab, I selected the new embed preset in the drop-down box, checked the box that says "Also, apply to all existing videos." and hit Save As Default. It then says that the settings have been saved, but the old videos still have their old settings.

Any suggestions what I should do? Thanks.

Ian Durkin

Ian Durkin Staff

Interesting. Can you tell me specifically what settings you are trying to use so that I can try and replicate this issue on your account?

Java Post Production

Hi Ian, thanks for the response. The embed preset I want to apply is called "java 2013_v1". There are a few videos that I do not want this added to, but it would definitely be easier to change all the video at once and then change over the few to something else.

Ian Durkin

Ian Durkin Staff

Hmm, it appears to be working. Can you link me to a specific video where this embed setting is not sticking?

Java Post Production

Yes, on the settings page it looks like it works, but none of the videos have had this setting applied to them. I have applied this preset manually to some of our more recent video uploads.

Here are links to some random older videos:

Links: vimeo.com/55785407, vimeo.com/20255925

Ian Durkin

Ian Durkin Staff

Okay, I just tried doing it manually. Can you let me know if it does not change those videos linked in an hour's time?

Java Post Production

Hey Ian. Sorry, didn't get this message til 4 hours later. I checked a bunch of older videos, but they all seem to have their same original embed setting. I deleted all of the unused presets to clean up the drop-down list a bit.

Ian Durkin

Ian Durkin Staff

Okay. Thanks I'm going to continue looking into this. Sorry for the trouble.

Java Post Production

Hi Ian. I see that all the old videos now have the new embed preset applied. Thanks for taking care of this.

Chris Hawkins

Chris Hawkins PRO

Just wanted to jump in and say that we're having a similar problem. In trying to update the embed settings for a new video every time I hit Save Changes it says:

Technical Difficulties
Whoops! We are having some technical difficulties, please try again in a minute.

I've been trying off and on for a little over an hour. I was able to successfully change privacy settings and the thumbnail in basic settings, it's just embed that seems to be having this issue.

Link: vimeo.com/61308491

Chris Hawkins

Chris Hawkins PRO

Trying to turn Portrait, Title, and Byline to Always Hide; turn off the Show Pro badge, Show Like button, Show Watch Later button, and Vimeo logo; and change the Outro to Beginning.

Chris Hawkins

Chris Hawkins PRO

Update: Got it to work by making a preset from another video's settings and applying the preset to this video. Application of the preset does seem to have stuck properly. Went back in to try and tweak a single setting just to test and the error still shows up when saving that individual setting change.

Ian Durkin

Ian Durkin Staff

Sorry for the trouble, Chris. I was just able to go in and save those settings manually for you. Were you getting the same error message in all browsers?

Chris Hawkins

Chris Hawkins PRO

Yes, Ian. In Chrome and Firefox. Didn't test in IE10. Thanks for the help!

Ian Durkin

Ian Durkin Staff

Okay thanks for clarifying. I'm going to look into this.

RightNow Media

RightNow Media PRO

I'm having this trouble now too. I need the 'RNM Series' preset to be released on all of my videos. Something happened with my presets, and now because of the way they saved, all of my players have the vimeo logo on them.

When I try to select the RNM Series preset to be the default (and apply to all existing videos) the page refreshed and the drop-down still says 'No preset'

I'm doing this under Me>My Settings>Videos>Choose embed preset to apply to your videos

RightNow Media

RightNow Media PRO

If possible, I need help getting nearly all of my videos to take the "RNM Series" preset for embedding.

The only videos in my account that should NOT have this setting are these -

Ian Durkin

Ian Durkin Staff

Hi there, sorry for the trouble. It looks like the preset is currently working. Can you link me to any videos that do not have this embed setting enabled?

RightNow Media

RightNow Media PRO

Thanks Ian - You're right. It seems to all be working now. It may have just been a timing thing.

This conversation is missing your voice. Please join Vimeo or log in.