heiwa

heiwa Plus

how is it that if i send a link via vimeo to two of my friends with a password in the u.s., someone from another country gets notice of it? i've noticed there is no play count from that country, but there is a load count. every time i send out a link via vimeo to say family and friends, this individual outside of my circle of family and friends can someone load it on their end. it's always the same country. thanking you in advance!

Mark

Mark Staff

It's possible that one of your friends who is viewing the video is using a DNS server that is in that location. Either that, or our system is inaccurately guessing their country.

heiwa

heiwa Plus

thanks mark for replying! with your two possible answers i would then say your system is inaccurately guessing their country. i have shown my videos on vimeo to three separate groups: fb "friends," two clients (password access only, and both in the u.s.), and three friends (password access only, and all in the u.s.). with all three groups i now see this one location pop up outside of north america. anyways, if you come up with anything else, i would be interested to hear about it. thanks mark!

This conversation is missing your voice. Please join Vimeo or log in.