no content

no content PRO

Hi guys. It doesn't seem that there is any way to take my videos hosted on vimeo, and put them in a specific order when embedded onto my site. Should I be using a Portfolio or Album to make sure my vids show up in the order I want? Is there a way to do this?

Thx.

Mark

Mark Staff

How are you embedding them? Just one by one? Or are you using a Hubnut or another widget?

no content

no content PRO

The vids are being pulled onto my site with a custom player based off your API. We had to do it that way because there wasn't any apparent way to order the vids and offer them in a player that has a scrolling sidebar. The issue is that the player is flash-based and doesn't work on ios or offer fullscreen.

So is there a way, using a vimeo-player, through a portfolio or album (because we need to order vids by year/season), that will allow us to order the vids the way we need and offer full-screen and ios support?

Ian Durkin

Ian Durkin Staff

Hi there, unfortunately the Vimeo Hubnut is Flash based so it is not supported on mobile devices. If you are using a third party player to display your videos, organizing them in an Album should work. However, I cannot speak on behalf of third party software that we didn't create.

no content

no content PRO

So how do you recommend I show my iOS-based viewers my vimeo-hosted, site-embedded videos?

Ian Durkin

Ian Durkin Staff

Yes, I recommend embedding the videos with our embed code.

no content

no content PRO

Can you link me to your specific embed code that will take advantage of the albums so my videos can be placed in a specific order, then user-selectable on my site, and also made full-screen and ios compatible?

Ian Durkin

Ian Durkin Staff

Sorry for the confusion. You will have to manually embed your videos in the order you want by using the share button on each video.

no content

no content PRO

And by using the "share" button to embed on my site, the videos are able to be viewed in full screen and on iOS devices?

no content

no content PRO

Since I only use vimeo as a video host for my business, my videos are private and not viewable directly from vimeo. It seems your embed code only functions if the video is public. Is that correct?

Mark

Mark Staff

Nope, it should work regardless.

no content

no content PRO

It doesn't work. The message states: "Private video. If you have permission to watch this video, please log in at vimeo".

EDIT/UPDATE:

I got it working after changing the video's privacy settings, but, it's not playing in HD on my iPhone (which is connected to a blazing fast wifi connection in my office). Any settings that should be switched? Am I using the correct embed code? Please be specific. Thx.

Mark

Mark Staff

No, it will always play the mobile version on mobile devices.

no content

no content PRO

Can you show me where it specifies "Vimeo doesn't offer HD quality on iOS" in the details of Vimeo Pro?

Mark

Mark Staff

That isn't specified anywhere. But we also do not make a claim that they are available in HD on iOS either. The fact of the matter is that we create mobile versions for videos to be played on mobile devices. If you want to watch a video in HD, you can do it on a computer.

no content

no content PRO

Understood. HD on iOS coming anytime soon?

This conversation is missing your voice. Please join Vimeo or log in.