Katie Brown

Katie Brown PRO

Hi This MAY be the bug you are working on, but it looks like a different issue.

When I embed the video works perfectly on desktop and iphone , but android users are seeing a flash error >> screencast.com/t/kzVw8GEeg

Thanks

Marama (Katies web person)

Link: tenminutetone.com.au

Tommy Penner

Tommy Penner Staff

Hi Marama, what Android device are you using? You may need to make sure that your web browser is set to load the mobile version of sites instead of the desktop version. Take a look at this FAQ for more info:

Link: vimeo.com/help/faq/mobile#wontplay

Katie Brown

Katie Brown PRO

One person is using android 2.3 or thereabouts. They are a mobile website developer (that I got to check it for me) so I'm sure the phone is set to show the mobile website.

The video is the 1st one on the home page (there for testing purposes at the moment)
Any more guidance / ideas?

Link: tenminutetone.com.au

Katie Brown

Katie Brown PRO

This is what my collegue said on testing it :

"samsung s2 - works just fine on our sites
: ie jumpmobi.tv same browser swapping between the two ours works yours doesn't"

Tommy Penner

Tommy Penner Staff

Hi Marama, is your mobile site dev getting the Flash error or the other bug that we're working on (vimeo.com/forums/help/topic:101891)?

I tested your site on our end and I'm not seeing the Flash error -- I'm just getting the playback issue.

Katie Brown

Katie Brown PRO

Hi Tommy, They are getting the error screen I screen cast. I'm going off reports of people testing it for me, so I cant be sure. BUT he sent the screen cast with the flash error BUT I don't know if that is how the known bug shows itself?

Tommy Penner

Tommy Penner Staff

Nope, the Flash error is separate from the playback issue.

It would help to know what exact phone, Android version, and browser your mobile dev is using to test -- I can't seem to duplicate the error on your site from our end.

Katie Brown

Katie Brown PRO

Here is the phone user agent -

Hope it helps!

Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; U; Android 2.3.6; en-us; SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 Build/GINGERBREAD) AppleWebKit/533.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile Safari/533.1

Tommy Penner

Tommy Penner Staff

Odd. I have that exact same phone (Galaxy S II) and can't replicate that issue whatsoever.

Can you try deleting the embed code and pasting it back in? It looks like there are a few attributes missing from the code that might be affecting playback.

This conversation is missing your voice. Please join Vimeo or log in.