A Vivaldi Compendium

A Vivaldi Compendium

Hi, you just sent me two emails that my videos were deleted, without trying to contact me first, but you seem to be mistaken in saying that I was using random content from the web. They were made with creative commons media. Are you trying to say that those are not allowed? Why even permit people to give out that license then? Either you did not read my descriptions and credits, or you are telling me that I cannot use creative commons art. I had explicit permission to use all of the media in my videos.

A Vivaldi Compendium

A Vivaldi Compendium

I am going to presume that your creative commons section is legitimate and reupload them, so next time you might read the descriptions and credits, which I had so carefully included. Thanks.

A Vivaldi Compendium

A Vivaldi Compendium

Oh, by the way I have deduced what happened. The creative commons video I used was licensed as attirbution non-commercial. Now it has been changed to attirbution non-commercial "no-derivatives". So they seem to have made their license more strict and then complained about my video. Well, they are breaking the rules. Once a video is released under one license, they cannot change it (retroactively at least). I would not have made mine without their permission to begin with. The attirbution non-commercial license their video had when I downloaded it in fact allowed for derivative works. My version is still under that license.

I am keeping the original license listed in my description as required, but I will not include a list of Vimeo credits this time, because it apparently upset them to see it linked. However, I put a lot more time and effort into my work than they did in choosing their license, and I would appreciate it if we could all follow the rules here.

Mark

Mark Staff

Please state this in the description of your video so that there's no further misunderstanding.

A Vivaldi Compendium

A Vivaldi Compendium

Okay, I have made a special note at the bottom of each of the two video descriptions in question. I can add more information if necessary, thank you.

Mark

Mark Staff

Perfect. If you run into further issues, please let us know right away.

This conversation is missing your voice. Please join Vimeo or log in.