Marco Sinervo

Marco Sinervo PRO

my global video privacy settings are not being applied. I upload all videos using the advanced API. Even after uploading, I still use the advance API to set the privacy setting of each individual video and it still is not applied.

This is terribly frustrating. Its been about 3 days now that this problem persists. Please do something.

Tommy Penner

Tommy Penner Staff

Hi Marco, we're looking into this issue now. I apologize for any inconvenience.

Marco Sinervo

Marco Sinervo PRO

Its day 6 and this problem still persists. I am slowly but surely loosing my patience.

Tommy Penner

Tommy Penner Staff

Do you set your privacy using your app before/during upload? After uploading, do you change the privacy settings using the site or through the app?

Marco Sinervo

Marco Sinervo PRO

Before I started uploading any videos, I set the privacy settings. Then I used the Advanced API to upload upload videos. The Settings where applied up till about video number 300. From then on, the settings where no longer applied. I uploaded those 300 videos within a period of about 4 days.

After I uploaded an additional 400 videos, I re-applied my global settings to all existing videos on the web site. The changes did not take effect. That is when I used the Advanced API and updated the privacy settings for each video individually and that did not take effect as well.

Ian Durkin

Ian Durkin Staff

Hi Marco, we haven't been able to replicate this on our side. Can you provide us any examples?

Marco Sinervo

Marco Sinervo PRO

Please try and set the privacy settings of all my videos to "Hide this video from vimeo.com" . Very check the privacy settings of the first 10 videos as a sample. See if the new settings have taken effect.

Mark

Mark Staff

It can take a little while for them to go in affect. How long did you wait?

Marco Sinervo

Marco Sinervo PRO

This has been 8 days. That is more than enough time dont you think?

Marco Sinervo

Marco Sinervo PRO

Dont you guys have access to my account? Why can you not just try it?.

Mark

Mark Staff

Individual video settings override global settings. vimeo.com/63954087 - You've already chosen a privacy settings for this video, so "hide from vimeo" would not be applied to this one, for instance.

Marco Sinervo

Marco Sinervo PRO

Read my second posting on this thread as stated below:

Before I started uploading any videos, I set the privacy settings. Then I used the Advanced API to upload videos. The Settings where applied up till about video number 300. From then on, the settings where no longer applied. I uploaded those 300 videos within a period of about 4 days.

After I uploaded an additional 400 videos, I re-applied my global settings to all existing videos on the web site. The changes did not take effect. That is when I used the Advanced API and updated the privacy settings for each video individually and that did not take effect as well.

When I change my global global settings, next to the "SAVE CHANGES" button is a checkbox that says "apply to all existing videos" . why is this not working. Please can you just apply that settings to all my videos?

This conversation is missing your voice. Please join Vimeo or log in.