Curso Master Juris

Curso Master Juris PRO

Hello, we are a little school in Brazil and we only allow our students to see our videos - hosted by vimeo pro - for 3 times each video. We have a wall with login and password and a link for each video (videos are embedded on our website, after this wall). With a PHP solution, when a student click a link for the third time, it desappears and the student no longer have access to the correspondant video. Our channel is hidden on Vimeo - of course - and we have privacy settings, allowing only embeds on our site. But somebody showed us that with Chrome Browser, a student can see the code behind our page and access the url link of the video, to see it on Vimeo for how many times he want, just by clicking on the link! I have tried this to confirm the issue on our security system. It's funny, cause when I copied the url and pasted it on a new tab of the browser, it didn't work (It said "The creator of this video has not given you permission to embed..."). What should we do and why is that?

Link: masteradistancia.com.br

Ian Durkin

Ian Durkin Staff

Huh, that shouldn't be the case if you have chosen to only allow embedding on a certain domain and if your videos are hidden from vimeo.com. That said, I cannot gain access to any of the video pages on your website.

Curso Master Juris

Curso Master Juris PRO

Weel, try here: masterjuris.com.br/pos/ There is a carrousel with videos from vimeo.

Viewing the source code of the page on Chrome, if I click on a link (line 132, for example), the video appears to me. But if I copy that URL and paste on another Chrome tab or on Safari, it says ""The creator of this video has not given you permission to embed...".

Link: masterjuris.com.br/pos/

Mark

Mark Staff

That's because you're logged into your account on that browser. You can't block the videos from yourself.

Curso Master Juris

Curso Master Juris PRO

Mark, that's not the case. I did a test in which I logged out from Vimeo before go to my website. Still lost here.

Ian Durkin

Ian Durkin Staff

Hi, it appears that you're also emailing us about the same issue. Let's keep our discussion there for now and in the future, please only chose one method of contacting us so as to not make us do double the work. Thanks.

This conversation is missing your voice. Please join Vimeo or log in.