Clayton Kimbell

Clayton Kimbell Plus

It's a 1920 by 1080 clip shot with Anamorphic at a 2.35.1 crop. The crop and aspect ratio were fine when the video uploaded at default 720p. When I chose to upgrade to 1080 however, the aspect ratio and crop skewed completely. What do I need to do?

Link: vimeo.com/64525925

Clayton Kimbell

Clayton Kimbell Plus

Also, having brought it back down to 720p the aspect ratio is once again fine. However, obviously I want 1080 :(

Mark

Mark Staff

Can you try upgrading to 1080p again so I can take a look? Or if you prefer not to touch this file, upload a second version?

Clayton Kimbell

Clayton Kimbell Plus

I'll make a second one with private, password will be "mark" I'll post link here when it's ready! Thanks for your help!

Ian Durkin

Ian Durkin Staff

Sounds good. Let us know when it's ready in this thread.

Mark

Mark Staff

Huh! That's so odd. I'll have our developers take a look at this file and see what's up.

Mark

Mark Staff

No problem, sorry about this!

Clayton Kimbell

Clayton Kimbell Plus

Is there any news on this problem? I will most likely be wanting to post a lot of anamorphic aspect ratio videos in the future so I'm very interested in this problem. Obviously this might be some weird export setting that I'm using but any help on getting this solved I definitely want!

Ian Durkin

Ian Durkin Staff

Hi Clayton, sorry, we're still working on this one. Thanks for checking back in though and I apologize for the inconvenience in the meantime.

Clayton Kimbell

Clayton Kimbell Plus

Is there anything at all on my end or any suggestions on this topic?

Mark

Mark Staff

Our encoding engineer has his hands quite full at the moment and hasn't been able to take a look at this yet. I'll try and push on this.

This conversation is missing your voice. Please join Vimeo or log in.