Gary Spetz Studio

Gary Spetz Studio PRO

Setting up a VOD page, I accidentally created two pages. Only one is published (above). But, the other page (unpublished) still seems to exist somewhere and it tags some of my videos as VOD. How can I delete this unpublished page and its tags?

Link: vimeo.com/ondemand/spetz

Tommy Penner

Tommy Penner Staff

Deleting VODs can only be done by Staff members at this time. I deleted the extra VOD on your account, you should be all set now!

Tommy Penner

Tommy Penner Staff

Hi Ray, I deleted that VOD as you requested.

Not sure what you mean by "private from public viewing", can you clarify?

Ray Dente

Ray Dente PRO

Thanks, and I figured out the private thing, I just didnt want the VOD videos to show on the free side of the video page. Thanks again man!

Tommy Penner

Tommy Penner Staff

Hi Gerry, that video is deleted. Clear the cache/cookies/history from your browser and try loading it again -- it won't load.

Gerry Macken

Gerry Macken

hi Tommy,
Oh, I see,. Sorry I didn't clarify, I'm new to this!
I had deleted the video as I no longer want it to be on Vimeo at all, but I'd previously sent the link to a contact, so now I don't want them to see the empty page/"deleted message" when they follow the link.
What do I have to do?
Many thanks and congratulations to your whole team for such a great site!

Link: vimeo.com/67041221

Tommy Penner

Tommy Penner Staff

If you deleted the video, there's nothing else we can do.

Gerry Macken

Gerry Macken

I see... do I have to re-upload the video then, so that you can then delete the whole page: video, URL and all?

Many thanks

Gerry

Link: vimeo.com/67041221

Mark

Mark Staff

No, the page cannot be deleted. The video is removed to the fullest extent, that's all we can do.

Mark

Mark Staff

We don't control Google's search results, sorry.

Rebecca Tharp

Rebecca Tharp Staff

Hey Michelle, thanks for reaching out. I need to chat about this with someone in the office tomorrow, so I'll get back to you then!

Michelle Farrell

Michelle Farrell

Ok :) I just want a good page on my documentary and give it to everyone for free. Thats all. I have it in my videos now. It is a tribute to my mom - she just passed away.

Rebecca Tharp

Rebecca Tharp Staff

So sorry to hear that, Michelle -- I'll get back to you ASAP!

Rebecca Tharp

Rebecca Tharp Staff

Hey Michelle, so because there are active purchases on that VOD page, it cannot be deleted until their viewing periods are up (which is June 13, 2014). After that, it can be deleted. But, until then, you can re-upload the video (not into a VOD container) so that people can view it for free.

American Montage
Derek Beck

Derek Beck Staff

No problem! I went ahead and removed those pages.

Redhead Productions

Redhead Productions PRO

Hello,

Please remove vimeo.com/ondemand/3587

Thank you.

Also, is there any way to update the Paypal account info for an existing VOD page? Without such functionality, content creators would need to create and configure an entirely new page just because Paypal account information has changed.

getMedia Networks

getMedia Networks PRO

Hi

I created a VOD page for a series but after uploading it had changed to a single video page. I tried creating a new VOD page but it will not show the video linked to the first page as an option to connect. Please can you either a) change 4041 to a series and delete 4048 or b) delete both 4041 and 4048 so I can start again.

Thanks

Derek Beck

Derek Beck Staff

Could you please provide a link to the VOD page you would like deleted?

Eduardo J. Aguiar

Eduardo J. Aguiar PRO

Hi, wanted to know how I can unpublished my VOD page so I can have buyers look at my series. But I want to put it back up in a month or two. What are the alternatives.
Thanks

Link: vimeo.com/ondemand/409

Mikey Perry

Mikey Perry Staff

Looks like that page is currently unpublished! So no worries!

Eduardo J. Aguiar

Eduardo J. Aguiar PRO

So people can view the videos? Because when I go to the videos they are marked with the VOD logo

Eduardo J. Aguiar

Eduardo J. Aguiar PRO

Hi Mikey, I took them out of VOD, saved new settings but when I go back they are still in VOD.

Mikey Perry

Mikey Perry Staff

Sorry, but I removed a number of titles from that VOD and it worked just fine. Please try again, and if you continue to have trouble give a go with a different browser.

Bars and Tone Productions, Inc.

Bars and Tone Productions, Inc. PRO

Good Morning - can you please delete the following two VOD pages - I dont need them anymore - thanks!

vimeo.com/ondemand/4482
vimeo.com/ondemand/4949

Also, why cant I use existing videos in my library for new VOD pages (that may have already been included in other VOD sales pages) - it does not make sense to have to upload the same videos again if I want to make a series page of all three videos, as well as keep separate VOD pages for each individual video - any thoughts?

Thanks!

Corey

Derek Beck

Derek Beck Staff

I went ahead and removed your two VOD pages. You can choose from existing videos by going to your VOD page settings > videos > scroll down and select 'Choose From Existing Videos'. That should do the trick!

Tourenfahrer

Tourenfahrer PRO

Hi Derek,
sorry for getting back to you, but I have another problem. I can upload data to the FTP-account, but I cant't delete them. And when I am overwriting them on the FTP-server, they don't appear as an uploadet video within my Vimeo-account. Do you know, if there any sollution for that problem?
Thank you and best regards
Sven

Mark

Mark Staff

You cannot replace or delete videos via FTP, sorry. You'd need to do that via our web interface.

SailFlix

SailFlix PRO

Please delete VOD: Cruising Instruction Vol. 2 - PLEASE REMOVE

We meant to make this a series instead of a single video. We will create a new series VOD, Cruising Instruction Vol. 2

Thanks

Link: vimeo.com/ondemand/6281

Mark

Mark Staff

You mean the top menu bar? That cannot be removed, it is a feature of the site to help people find and explore more content.

Cinecom

Cinecom PRO

I'm working on a Tuts+ course about vimeo and had to create a VOD as an example in one of the lesson.

Could you delete these 2 drafts please?
vimeo.com/ondemand/8373
vimeo.com/ondemand/tutsplus

Thanks in advance!

PS: It might be a great future feature to add a delete button ;-)

lolflix

lolflix PRO

How can we convert our two VOD files back to just private video files with out having to ask you to delete them and then having to re-upload them back to regular video files? We want to make these two files private again and take them down from the VOD store for now. Or is there away to do both with out having to upload two of the same files? These two files are: vimeo.com/82033949 and vimeo.com/82046067

Mark

Mark Staff

Yup, just remove them from your VOD page settings.

lolflix

lolflix PRO

Thanks! Sometimes the obvious is not so obvious.

lolflix

lolflix PRO

Wait so I clicked on the red x and it just deleted the video al together. I was hoping it would just remove it from the VOD Store. Did not want to have to re-upload the video, is there away to just remove it from the VOD and keep the file uploaded so we can use as a private screener?

Rebecca Tharp

Rebecca Tharp Staff

Hmm, what was the name of the file that you removed from the VOD?

lolflix

lolflix PRO

We are using the video IDs to link back to a private site for password protected viewing in a wordpress admin. However the VOD file for these two VOD ondemand files would not play from just the ID's alone for obvious reasons. I did figure out a simple work around though without having to delete the file all together and reload it again. So it works for what I need. I unpublished the main file and then removed the trailer. But the ID alone still won't work for previously published VOD files that are not completely removed. So we tried adding the VOD link with the ID and it seems to play now in our feed. We added: /ondemand+ID... hopefully this all makes sense. Might have been easier to just delete the file and reload it, but I did not want to waste the time or space/upload bandwidth to do this for two 90 minute 2gig files.

Rebecca Tharp

Rebecca Tharp Staff

I'm not entirely sure what your end goal was; sorry! If you need any further assistance, though, please do let us know!

Mikey Perry

Mikey Perry Staff

Sorry for the confusion, but are you seeing an error when you try to delete them?

worldcitizenvideobooks

worldcitizenvideobooks PRO

It was just saying uploading - forever - and didn't have a delete button. But now it's there.

It's working now. Thanks.

Mark

Mark Staff

You cannot remove this because you still have purchases with active download/viewing periods.

Mark

Mark Staff

Yup, just make another post when that occurs and we'll remove it.

DV Cuisine

DV Cuisine PRO

Please delete one of our VOD pages:

vimeo.com/ondemand/11687

It said "uploading" for over a day, but there didn't seem to be a way to cancel the upload. Instead, we uploaded the file by FTP... but the "replace video" options don't let us choose from existing videos! It wants us to start a new upload. Please delete that page so we can create a new VOD page using the file we've already uploaded by FTP.

Link: vimeo.com/ondemand/11687

Mark

Mark Staff

I'll have a developer delete this for you on Monday

Derek Beck

Derek Beck Staff

No problem! We will remove these as soon as possible.

Terri Walsh

Terri Walsh PRO

great thanks....the new VOD I finished wont let me access my settings page...I want to KEEP this one
vimeo.com/ondemand/13239

but its not letting me access the settings page

Terri Walsh

Terri Walsh PRO

great thanks....the new VOD I finished wont let me access my settings page...I want to KEEP this one
vimeo.com/ondemand/13239

but its not letting me access the settings page

Terri Walsh

Terri Walsh PRO

also, i cant figure out how to publish the pre-order now....publish date is 5/15 but i need to publish the pre-order now i need enough time to publicize it and get pre-orders...

Derek Beck

Derek Beck Staff

Sorry about that! It looks like we are currently experiencing an issue with VOD settings. We are looking into this and will get back to you as soon as possible. Thanks for your patience.

This conversation is missing your voice. Please join Vimeo or log in.