David P. Meyer

David P. Meyer PRO

Hi - I'm looking to share a password protected video and keep the password protection. It works fine in the HD version link, but when I try to share the provided link for the standard def, it does not require a password.

I've tried this in different browsers, and have asked multiple users without a vimeo account who have not viewed it before to test it. They are not requested to provide a password either.

Ian Durkin

Ian Durkin Staff

Hi David, your video should only have one link. Can you please post the HD and SD links that you are seeing?

David P. Meyer

David P. Meyer PRO

Ian - I've tried to post back twice now. After Add a reply, it goes blank and does not add to the forum thread.

Mark

Mark Staff

The only link you have available to give people is a link to the video review page, which you can read about here vimeo.com/help/faq/pro#review_page - Any other link you're finding in your settings or anything like that will not work for anybody.

David P. Meyer

David P. Meyer PRO

We are working to share a video, but need to ensure it is pass word protected.
We are having issues with it pausing during play, as if buffering, most likely b/c it is an 8 min video. If you click on the in-video HD icon, it alleviates the problem.

David P. Meyer

David P. Meyer PRO

I looked to share the SD link that is provided by clicking the "Video File" link from the main video screen. From there, it yields the options to copy/paste under "Use Your Own Player"

This conversation is missing your voice. Please join Vimeo or log in.