Mark

Mark Staff

Have you tried watching with HD off?

Derek Beck

Derek Beck Staff

It looks like your video bit rate is a little high. This could be causing the choppy playback. Please make sure you’ve compressed your video according to our recommended settings: vimeo.com/help/compression and then re-upload.

Mark

Mark Staff

It's playing back fine on the two computers I tried. You can rest assured that most people will be able to watch this back just fine, this seems to just be limited to your computer.

mexi tv

mexi tv Plus

I have the same problem with my mac and my new pc win7. How can it be that any of the computers I try don´t work but yours does? I am very frustrated - thanks

mexi tv is my vimeo plus account

Link: mexitv.com

Derek Beck

Derek Beck Staff

It looks like you a running an outdated version of Flash. Please try updating to the latest version and taking another look. I was able to view your videos smoothly!

mexi tv

mexi tv Plus

Hi Derek, I tried on my pc running google chrome browser with Flash 11.8.800.97

Thanks! polly

mexi tv

mexi tv Plus

At advise of my tech I unplugged everything and restarted and am currently checking all my modem connections and those of clients - seems major clients like govt and tv have great connectivity with me but wifi and homes no.

Can you suggest any encoding within the HD look that would work better? FYI I am in central Mexico and service on phone line dsl can be difficult, that may be a solution to upload a small version and a large one? My web guy suggested the same issue is occuring and that is reason with google youtube works better, for spotty dsl issues. I really want to solve this with vimeo if possible

thanks! Polly

Zena Hirsch

Zena Hirsch Staff

Hi Polly,

Vimeo re-encodes all videos that are uploaded to site to better prepare them for playback. We generally create both an SD and HD version of each video (provided the source file is originally in HD), so if you are having trouble with playback, I would recommend viewing the smaller, SD version.

mexi tv

mexi tv Plus

The reason I BUY your service is to view in HD. Why don´t you come up with a solution that works? All is encoded according to your guidelines and I have all the requisite hard & software.

Derek Beck

Derek Beck Staff

Unfortunately there isn't much we can do. All computers play back video differently and that there's a ton of variables that can affect it. Sorry about that.

This conversation is missing your voice. Please join Vimeo or log in.