John Murray

John Murray

Yesterday I upgraded to Pro. Today my account was removed, saying I had violated guidelines. Not sure what that refers to. The only way I could find to try to get help from you guys, was to re-join Vimeo. Don't know if it was the right thing to do, but I used a different email address. The account that I want to get re-instated is for "John Murray, john@digitalcam.me" -- thanks for your help, JOHN

Zena Hirsch

Zena Hirsch Staff

Hi John, sorry for the confusion. I have restored your PRO account, however, that account is now removed from the Community Pass due to the commercial nature of the videos. Please see our PRO Guidelines for more information.

Link: vimeo.com/help/pro_guidelines

John Murray

John Murray PRO

Hi Zena, thank you for your help. I'm not sure that I understand the Community Pass function. The majority of my videos are just fun things to share. Am I able to make those available to anyone and just make the Real Estate videos private. It seems like the "Guidelines" says I can do them on a video by video basis. Is that so?? I want to stay within the rules. -- thanks, JOHN

John Murray

John Murray PRO

Can I no longer separate them into albums either. That function is no longer available. I like to keep my Family, Helicopter, Plane and Work sorted into different albums just for neatness sake. Is that not available with a Pro account? -- thanks, JOHN

Mark

Mark Staff

No, if there is commercial content on your account, your entire account must remain hidden from the Vimeo community. In addition, no, albums are not available with the community pass off. I apologize for the inconvenience.

John Murray

John Murray PRO

This is a quote out of the "Pro Guidelines" Isn't this saying that I can enable Community Pass, and decide on a video by video basis, what to display on Vimeo.com, as long as I ensure that nothing that I display is commercial?? -- thanks for your help, JOHN

" 2. You may interact with the Vimeo.com community if you follow these rules:
By default, Vimeo PRO accounts and their videos will not be displayed on Vimeo.com. PRO users may opt to display their accounts and videos (on a video-by-video basis) on Vimeo.com by enabling Community Pass. In order to use Community Pass, you must comply with the following rules:
•You must abide by the Vimeo Community Guidelines as if you were a non-Vimeo PRO member.
•You may not solicit any business or promote any product or service in the Vimeo.com community (e.g., through videos, messaging, commenting, etc.).
•You must ensure that each video shared with the Vimeo.com community (1) is non-commercial; and (2) was created by you."

Derek Beck

Derek Beck Staff

Unfortunately if you have any commercial material, you cannot be opted into the community. You can use Portfolios instead of Albums with PRO.

Roderick James Smith

Roderick James Smith

Hi Support,

My PRO account has been deleted and I need help restoring my PRO account. This account is relatively new in Vimeo. Here's the account's email "professorpuppetafterdark@gmail.com". It's under the name of Roderick James Smith. It was deleted saying it violated some terms of service. I'm not really an expert in internalizing your TOS but I'm pretty much willing to comply to them if you could pinpoint to me which of my videos violated which terms. But at least, there could have been a warning. I'm willing to remove those videos which could have possibly violated your TOS.

Looking forward to your assistance.

Thanks,
Roderick

This conversation is missing your voice. Please join Vimeo or log in.