Nick Anthony Fiorenza

Nick Anthony Fiorenza

Hi
I searched for info on this, and looked at the video requirements page, but still have a problem / question.

I uploaded a 960 x 540 HD video. However, the resultant embed code has the size - 500 x 281.

Do I need to upload a 1280 x 720 px version instead to get this higher embed code size, which I can then scale down to 960-540 in the code I am embedding?

Or is there something else I need to do / not clear about?

Thnx for any tips,

ALSO - I do not see away to "search the forum." The search icon (just above the forum categories) does not show a text field next to it (using latest MAC Safari and FF browsers). Am I missing something?

Pardon by basic questions - I'm new to Vimeo.

Nick

Mark

Mark Staff

Hi Nick! You can change the dimensions of the embed code to anything you want, just change the numbers.

As for searching the forums, the search box is in the top right corner of this page. Search for what you want, hit enter, and then on the page it brings up, click "forums" to see relevant results.

Nick Anthony Fiorenza

Nick Anthony Fiorenza

Thnx Mark
I did change the dimensions from 500 x 281 to 960 x 540, but the resolution is not what the original 960 x 540 is, which I would expect if the video that is streaming had been reduce to 500 x 281 from my original.

-- that is why I am wondering if I need to upload a 1280 x 720 video so it does not get reduced to such a small size; and if I do, what will the max embed size then be. Will it also get reduced to a size smaller than 960 x 540 ?

Mikey Perry

Mikey Perry Staff

Hm, I see that your videos should default to play in HD when embedded. So that's out.
Please link me to both the video on Vimeo and the exact page on your site where you attempted to embed your video (along with any necessary login information) and I will take a look.

Nick Anthony Fiorenza

Nick Anthony Fiorenza

Hi Mikey

I emailed that info to Alex via a support ticket, I didn't mean to engage more than one of you on this same issue. Perhaps you can get it from Alex so that you're both not putting time into the same thing.

Please let me know one way or the other which avenue of correspondence I should continue with (email or here on the forum) - thnx for your efforts - all of you.
Nick

This conversation is missing your voice. Please join Vimeo or log in.