Jon D

Jon D

Any video I play on Vimeo, my on or otherwise do not fully buffer. I can watch a video up till about 20-30 seconds when the play bar catches up to the now stalled buffering bar. The buffering bar no longer buffers at this point no longer how long i leave the video for. I have not watched a full video on vimeo for a few weeks and its sucked! looked through forums and googled searched and found nothing related to my issue, help please.

Jon D

Jon D

I have already given that a try twice, did not solve my issue. Any other suggestions?

Mark

Mark Staff

Are you on a hard wired non-wifi connection?

Jon D

Jon D

I usually am connected with an Ethernet cable, but I have tried WiFi as well.

camilo chaves

camilo chaves

Something similar happens to me, sometimes the play stops and dont re-play automatically, I have to move the position back or forward a little, then play starts again.
Also, since some time ago, when I go back in the loaded bar, Vimeo deletes the buffered data and starts loading again! so bad.

Movielike

Movielike

Wow! At last someone with the same problem than me. I live in a small city in Brazil. The internet here is not so fast. If we want to watch a movie at vimeo, we have to pause, wait till it buffers, then hit play.
Now it doesn't work anymore. Tryed on firefox and it's worse: the videos are with glitches.
I'll try the "disable hard-ware accelerated video decode" thing. But the sad is: the majority of people who watch my videos will not search for this workaround. They will simply stop to watch my videos.
Anyway, I will tell if this workaround helps me or not.

Movielike

Movielike

It worked! Thanks! But I'm still concerned about the average viewers.

Mark

Mark Staff

Unfortunately, there's nothing we can do about that. This is a bug in Chrome and is out of our power to fix. This affects a VERY small number of people that have specific video drivers installed on a PC running Chrome.

Movielike

Movielike

Glad to hear that. So, it's not that bad.
But the funny thing is: my two computers (a desktop and a laptop) both had the same problem. Talk about luck...
Thanks anyway.

Movielike

Movielike

Argh... the problem came back. Checked if the settings were reseted, but no. How sad... by the way, I'm using a notebook Dell with two video drivers. One is used with the power, and the other when I'm using it just with the battery. Nvidia and Intel, respectively.
Just to let you know.

Wendy Bardsley

Wendy Bardsley

Hello, I'm having the same issue in chrome on a mac, so that solution isn't applicable for me. I'm connected via wifi, and I have a roku set up that doesn't have the streaming issues that the mac does, but I'd like to watch private videos, not sure I can do that without the computer, and I'd like to figure out what the issue is. This computer used to play long films fine, it's a relatively new issue, within the last 3 months or so. My download speed test result on testmy.net/results is 6.9 mbps, I think it should be more, speedtest.net says it's 20 mbps. I'm having the issue with the playhead stopping after 5 min or so, then just stopping intermittently after that, so it makes a long clip pretty unwatchable. It shouldn't be my wifi, cause it's ok on the roku. Any help would be appreciated,

Mark

Mark Staff

Have you tried a different browser?

Tauqeer Amjad

Tauqeer Amjad

I m having same problem... After playing any video for a minute or 2 it stops buffering & doesn't play no matter what... I tried other browsers too but no use... I also turned off HD, but it's same, though playing time added 20-30 seconds...

Link: vimeo.com/80178959

Aaron Palabyab

Aaron Palabyab

I'm consistently having the exact same problem in Chrome on my Retina Macbook Pro (OS X Mavericks). Since Internet service isn't great in the Philippines too, Vimeo is basically unwatchable on Chrome, which is my main browser. However, it also happens occasionally when I use other browsers, but least frequently in Firefox, because it mostly uses the Flash player.

Mark

Mark Staff

Looks like you're using a beta version of Chrome. That may explain it.

This conversation is missing your voice. Please join Vimeo or log in.