The Well Community Church

The Well Community Church Plus

I've been trying over and over again to embed the following video onto a FB page but it ends up posting the link and a thumbnail with a play icon on it but when clicked, it opens a new tab that goes to the vimeo video page. It will not play within FB.

I have cleared cache/cookies, debugged, set custom thumbnail, etc. No luck.

Please help.

vimeo.com/88199075

Derek Beck

Derek Beck Staff

Sorry for the delay! It looks like I was able to successfully post your video to Facebook. Could you try opening an alternate web browser and posting to Facebook? Does the same issue occur?

Derek Beck

Derek Beck Staff

Could you try opening Chrome in incognito mode and then try playing the video in Facebook? Does it still open another link to the video on Vimeo?

Whisker Seeker Tackle

Whisker Seeker Tackle PRO

This is not fun, Pro user here and having the same issue and have tried everything!!

Reelife Productions

Reelife Productions PRO

same here. it's very frustrating because it's NOT happening to youtube videos...

Whisker Seeker Tackle

Whisker Seeker Tackle PRO

try to play from our webpage, in the timeline. It opens a whole new window and goes to Vimeo to play.

Tommy Penner

Tommy Penner Staff

On Desktop it's working fine, but within Facebook apps Vimeo videos will open the respective page on vimeo.com. There's nothing we can do about the way Facebook embeds our videos within their apps.

Reelife Productions

Reelife Productions PRO

Reelife Productions PRO just now
yeah, but it's not happening to YOUTUBE videos. we gotta figure out to have them play ON facebook...and not on a separate page ...

Reelife Productions

Reelife Productions PRO

yeah, but it's not happening to YOUTUBE videos. we gotta figure out to have them play ON facebook...and not on a separate page ...

Mark

Mark Staff

We're looking into seeing if there's anything we can do about this, or if it's just the way Facebook displays Vimeo content now.

ESBO.TV

ESBO.TV Plus

Happening to me as well right now, been trying for the past several days every which way possible.

Link: vimeo.com/89879502

Mark

Mark Staff

Sorry about that! This was a change made on Facebook's end recently. We're currently looking into this to see if there's anything we can do. In the meantime, i'd suggest contacting Facebook.

ESBO.TV

ESBO.TV Plus

Right now I changed my video to private status, thank you for the suggestion

Narval

Narval Plus

I usually have this problem when my video was private before launch. I don´t know if could help the staff.

tom levesque

tom levesque Plus

Any suggestions as how to fix this? Am also having an issue embedding this on Facebook (which I have just made public to do so).

Link: vimeo.com/89972482

Mark

Mark Staff

Please see my answers above.

This conversation is missing your voice. Please join Vimeo or log in.