SteveR

SteveR Plus

It seems we have 2 users using the name Amanda. They may be happy with this, but if name sharing becomes a common occurence it could lead to some confusion.

SteveR

SteveR Plus

I have since found a third user called Amanda. Of course, none of the Amandas are to blame for this confusing situation.

Amanda

Amanda

Yeah, I noticed this earlier. I don't like it one bit!

dalas verdugo

dalas verdugo Alum

their username is separate from their screen name. if you hover over Amanda's name here you will see her user name is still Calikisses.

i don't think it's really a problem. in reality there are lots of people with the same name and you just have to use their last name (in this case username) and their face (in this case user icon) to figure out who they is.

SteveR

SteveR Plus

I wondered if this is still your opinion, Dalas. I would still prefer exclusive user names. Good luck in your new job.

Lex Productions

Lex Productions

Which do we use to put them in the cast then?

(PS the cast adding needs to become exhaustive instead of just three suggestions soon with more users. I couldn't add SteveR to my cast for NED episode 10 becuase there were three other guys starting with those 6 letters.)

Andrew Pile

Andrew Pile Staff

You can also add users to cast by entering user:SteveR into the tags field.

Jake Lodwick

Jake Lodwick Alum

Also for "add cast" it lists your contacts first...

Miles

Miles

i dont see how to do the hover thing dalas

dalas verdugo

dalas verdugo Staff

If I put my mouse over your name or over your portrait and look down at my status bar, it shows that the link is vimeo.com/user:miles

So your user name is miles. Some people (newer users) have numbers instead.

Miles

Miles

ooooo, nice.

This conversation is missing your voice. Please join Vimeo or log in.