Kersten Schäfer

Kersten Schäfer Plus

I've been using Vimeo via Apple TV and it worked perfectly. Just about a week ago I have trouble starting the app. It always says it can't connect right now. Login details are correct and Apple TV firmware is the latest version.

Can you please help!

Ian Durkin

Ian Durkin Staff

Sorry about that, Kersten. Can you try resetting the app?

Kersten Schäfer

Kersten Schäfer Plus

Hi Ian, I'd love to but how do you reset an app in Apple TV? The problem is I can't access the app itself due to the error mentioned above.

I think it happend when I logged out of my old account inside the app and logged in with my new account. Then I started having connecting issues and now it doesn't seem to work at all although everything else in Apple TV works.

Mark

Mark Staff

How about you try resetting the Apple TV?

Kersten Schäfer

Kersten Schäfer Plus

I reset Apple TV and still the same problem. It prompts ""vimeo currently unavailable, contact vimeo.com/help for info." Everything else works on the device. If I keep trying many times it will work eventually but as soon as I select some other menu item it will prompt the same message again.

Jaco Crafford

Jaco Crafford

I have the same problem as Kersten. My Apple TV software is up to date. Problem started over the last few days.

swan★foto

swan★foto

Same here. I contacted Vimeo several weeks ago, and they have no answer. I've tried everything... I'm not sure how to properly get their attention.

Daniel Hayek

Daniel Hayek Staff

We're here it's just been really hard to replicate this error, may of us own AppleTV's and don't experience this issue. Have you upgraded the firmware on your device?

Radio Funky Productions

Radio Funky Productions Plus

Same problem for me here in London, UK. Have hard reset Apple TV and get "vimeo currently unavailable, contact vimeo.com/help for info." All other features such as YouTube work fine.

Gary S

Gary S

My jail broken ATV has started to do this too, it's always been jail broken so I don't think that should have anything to do with it, this is something new that has only started happen to me in the past couple of weeks. I have managed to fix mine temporarily by logging into my AppleTV and deleting the Vimeo Prefs file, this allowed me to access the Vimeo Menu so I could log out and it works fine now as long as I don't log back in using my account details.

Mark

Mark Staff

You can't help troubleshoot jailbroken devices, sorry.

Charlie Visnic

Charlie Visnic Plus

I am having the same problem with my apple TV. Sometimes it will work if I keep trying but I would say 90% of the time I get the "vimeo currently unavailable..." warning. The problem started after I updated Apple TV and the interface changed.

Olivier

Olivier

Same problem happened out of the blue to me 2 weeks ago. Otherwise no change on my apple TV at that time.
Still running IOS version 4.4.1 but don't wan't to upgrade to the new look as all my family is used to the old one.

Lynn Trusal

Lynn Trusal Plus

I uploaded two videos and they were not successful according to the message, so I deleted them but I was not given back the storage space they took up to reuse this week. What is up with that? Thanks

Lynn Trusal

Lynn Trusal Plus

Mark,

Only partially fixed. With this weeks 5GB limit I uploaded a video that was 1.68 GB and now one after the reset that was 1.23 GB. Thus, I should have 2.91 BG remaining out of 5 GB but I am only seeing .86 GB. Apparently the reset did not give me enough credit back. Please advise. Lynn

Getozt

Getozt

Same problem with my appletv the last couple of weeks.

Tom hall

Tom hall

Same apple tv vimeo issue here

Mark

Mark Staff

Have you upgraded to the newest version?

This conversation is missing your voice. Please join Vimeo or log in.