Glory Bible Fellowship

Glory Bible Fellowship

Can i get an update as to when IE9 will get the HTML5 Love.

Part of my consumer base is IE, windows phone...basically none flash.

thanks for your time!

Mark

Mark Staff

Whenever they decide to be compatible with h.264

Glory Bible Fellowship

Glory Bible Fellowship

Then I'd like to request a re evaluation of Internet Explorers ability to support videos html5 player. Because that browser actively supports the technology.

Mark

Mark Staff

That browser does not support h.264, only WebM. We don't use WebM and therefore it's not compatible.

Mark

Mark Staff

I'll ask our developers about this on Monday when we're in the office.

Texas Music Educators Assn

Texas Music Educators Assn PRO

Mark, thank you for checking on this. Do you have any more information about the HTML5 player in Internet Explorer?

I hate to be blunt, but Vimeo does not seem to support a major browser that has been available for over a year now and there's no indication from the help docs that the HTML5 player only works on some compatible browsers. We need to know what you support so we know where our video is available. This is even more urgent since the release of Windows 8 two months ago with restricted use of Flash in the Windows 8 UI version of Internet Explorer 10.

Mark

Mark Staff

According to our developers, we'll be releasing a new version of the player in the next few months that will support HTML5 playback in IE 10. It will not be supported in any other version of IE.

Glory Bible Fellowship

Glory Bible Fellowship

I can confirm the above report that IE9 Mobile supports the H.264. I can see a problematic approach if the video player has issues with IE9, but it most certainly would not be because of the codec alone. Of course,im not a vimeo staff member. so this is only a hypothesis.

XING AG

XING AG PRO

Any news on this? We would like to use some Vimeo hosted videos in a campaign of ours, but can't right now due to these problems in IE9.

Mark

Mark Staff

The HTML5 player will not work in IE 9.

Luecker Interactive

Luecker Interactive

This is also a serious issue for us, as our client is launching a major charity campaign including Vimeo-hosted media. Currently the videos don't load (silently fail) on IE9/Win7.5.

This conversation is missing your voice. Please join Vimeo or log in.