Erick C.

Erick C. Plus

recently a few random users have added me as contacts and they sure like to share every single video they make with me. aside from asking them to stop and crushing their spirit is there a way to only receive shared videos from people you list as a contact? i'm guilty of sending too many sharing emails to my contacts but i'm pretty sure they all added me as a contact as well so it's a more reciprocal interaction.

Soxiam

Soxiam Staff

we are going to begin working on adding block-user-list type of functionality. in the meantime, you may want to reach out to dalas or blake to mitigate the situation for you by contacting this person in question on your behalf.

Erick C.

Erick C. Plus

sweet, thanks. their intent is in good spirit so i'll ride it out. :)

Erick C.

Erick C. Plus

any progress on this Sox? my email keeps getting bombarded with kids who i dont even know wanting to share their videos. grrrr...

Soxiam

Soxiam Staff

erick, sorry but not much has progressed so far. it's in the works but there are more pending projects proceeding it.

fwiw... i too get too many of these share emails these days. when someone goes overboard with it, i private message them asking them to stop sending. but since then, i've actually turned the email notification for share emails off in my settings. this way, i can decide when i want to check out the videos being shared with me when i want to (via the home page). not perfect but so far it's working well for me.

This conversation is missing your voice. Please join Vimeo or log in.