johnbmx4christ

johnbmx4christ

.ok..i saw it in bucks post under sociopath so i thought maybe lets yap about who we will be unofficially called..vimeoeans, vimeo heads, vimeans, and actually even though the vimmies was an award, vimmies is good for people too.

.list 'em all here.

Perez

Perez

vimmies is good.

vimoers too. in portuguese it could be vimeoanos.

CTD3

CTD3

V I M E O G O G G S !

V I M E O S S O ,,,

V I M E A M I L Y,,,

Edworth

Edworth

I fear someone may come up with vimeocools, vimeogroovies, vimeoawesomes, vimeorocks... I don't like vimmies as it sounds too much like a scouring powder. Vimwegians sounds pretty contrived and awful and smacks of the same old scouring powder too.

We need to appreciate that Vimeo is an international group of people and not just Americans. So it has to acceptable to the rest of the world too.

So meanwhile I'll vote for Vimeos.

Tallulah

Tallulah

After this question is finally resolved, we need to address what a group of "Vimwegians" (or whatever) will be called. Will it be a "gaggle" of Vimwegians"? A "flock" of Vimwegians? Something else?

Remyyy

Remyyy Plus

If I knew how to prononce it, the portuguese version will be my favorite. (I like this language). For the biggest part of the name you propose I don't understand the reference except maybe vimeos, vimeamily. Vimmies sounds too awards for me.
Vimeophile ? Miveo ? Eomvi ? Meovi ?

PEIKA

PEIKA Plus

vimsters,vimagination,vimnation,vimers,vimeoens?

CTD3

CTD3

V I M E O N A T I I

V I M E O B E I A N

V I M E O B E I N G

V I M E O B S

Tallulah

Tallulah

Maybe we should forgo the whole "Vimeo" thing and instead call ourselves "Jakobians." There's a historical reference in there somewhere, I think.

Perez

Perez

ahahah

jakobians sound like a religious fanatics group! ( I think there's actually a christian group called 'Jacobinos')

I like Peika sugestion 'vimsters'

Paul McClintock

Paul McClintock

VimeOs, a sugary breakfast cereal.

How about we go the way of the Dutch and have a name that sounds nothing like Vimeo.

CTD3

CTD3

For real pauk!? @ least sounds like it is ( a breakfast cereal ).

( Oh me Oh My 'O me so Vimeosoo )

johnbmx4christ

johnbmx4christ

.i think vimnation would be all of us together..ok..now pauk needs to make a commercial for vimeos breakfast cereal.

Edworth

Edworth

Nah, I don't want to be part of a scouring powder nation. I am drawn to pauk's idea of something different. That scouring powder was really nasty on your skin. There are some great germanic words available: how about "inloopwinkel"?

noshoes

noshoes

Vimers,vims,vimians,vimainians

FollyMadness

FollyMadness

I vote for either of these:
vimistas
vimstars
vims
vimsters
those guys

Edworth

Edworth

I prefer "Those people".

charliesteadman

charliesteadman

I do like Vimmies and also Vimsters as long as it is not pronounced Vimstahs. Clipsters is too generic.

FuzzyDave

FuzzyDave

Naturally, my vote goes to Vimwegians; but I do have a fondness for a more obtuse label based on Jake Lodwick, perhaps Loddites.

To address Tallulah's request for a collective term for Vimwegians/Loddites/Vimsters...

I've always been partial to "A murder of crows" as a collective term; so maybe a Drive-By of Vimwegians? A Capping of Loddites? An Icing of Vimsters?

Edworth

Edworth

.. a shower of weather forecasters.

Tallulah

Tallulah

"Vimwegians" gets my vote too, FuzzyDave. I also like your other suggestion ("Loddites"), as well (though I still maintain that "Jakobites" isn't THAT bad). Anyway, after doing a small bit of research, I found this:

"The Luddites were a social movement of English textile workers in the early 1800s who protested - often by destroying textile machines - against the changes produced by the Industrial Revolution, which they felt threatened their jobs. The movement, which began in 1811, was named after a mythical leader, Ned Ludd. For a short time the movement was so strong that it clashed in battles with the British Army. Measures taken by the government included a mass trial at York in 1813 that resulted in many death penalties and transportations (deportation to a penal colony)."

As you can see, referring to ourselves as "Loddites" might be confusing, dangerous, and even deadly!

FuzzyDave

FuzzyDave

I'm glad someone got the Luddite allusion. I thought it apt as vimeo users (Loddites) are revolutionaries, changing the attitudes/preconceptions of what a "proper" film/filmmaker should be.

DJ Paine

DJ Paine Plus

sorry davey baby, i hate "Vimwegians" ... too hard.

on the other hand i adore CTD3's "Vimeonatii"
it could be pronounced very italian "Vim-in-art-ee"
i like the allusions to the illuminati it has.

and i don't mind Vimmers... don't mind it all....

i also dig the Vimiots {like idiots}
but then are we going down the the weird al path to "vidiot from u.h.f"?
hmmmm

and vimster is too much like "hipster" and all i can think about that is when kramer cried about getting called a "hipster doofus" on seinfield.

Edworth

Edworth

Vimiots is awesome, but origivims is groovy

This conversation is missing your voice. Please join Vimeo or log in.