Alex Dao

Alex Dao Staff

Sprechen sie Deutsch? We could use your help testing the up and coming German translation of Vimeo!

As you may have noticed, a while back we rolled out Vimeo in Spanish (you can check the deets on that here: vimeo.com/blog/post:508). We're now working on translating Vimeo in German and, if you're a German-speaking Vimean, we could really use your linguistic skills. If you're down to help you would get a sneak peek of Vimeo in German before it goes live and we'll also throw in a free Plus account to make it worth your while. All we ask is that you review the translations and let us know if you see anything wonky or have suggestions for improvements. We expect it would take a few hours, so keep that in mind!

If you're interested leave a comment here and I'll follow up once we're ready to start testing in a few weeks.

Danke!

Anna Pesavento

Anna Pesavento Plus

I'm german and might help you out, since it is midnight here now i would be able to take a look tomorrow morning our time. Is it urgent or are you still in the process?
cheers, Anna

Alex Dao

Alex Dao Staff

Hi Anna, we're still translating, we wouldn't need your help for a few more weeks. Are you still interested?

Anna Pesavento

Anna Pesavento Plus

Yes, I can review your translations once you need help, just let me know when you're done.

GNPMA

GNPMA PRO

Go ahead, I am a native German speaker and engineer, experienced with international projects. I am at "Denver" Timezone.

Look forward hearing from you!

B'ert

Alex Dao

Alex Dao Staff

Thanks B'ert, I'll be in touch once we're ready to start testing!

ricardo casas fischer

ricardo casas fischer

Yes. I am a native German and Spanish speaker, and translator, and yet member of vimeo.
So, I would love to help you and contribute to make vimeo better and better.
By the way, I am trying to find out which videos formats you accept for upload.
Kindly

Alex Dao

Alex Dao Staff

Great, thanks Ricardo! I'll contact you once we're ready to start testing out the German version of the site.

You can see our recommended compression settings here.

Vimeo FAQ: vimeo.com/help/compression

Paul Wex

Paul Wex Plus

hi, yes I´ll help you if you need it :)... best, paul

Alex Dao

Alex Dao Staff

Sweeeet! Thanks Paul :) I'll be in touch once we're ready to start testing!

Toni Lange

Toni Lange

I'm German and I'd like to help, too!

Alex Dao

Alex Dao Staff

Thanks, I'll let you know when we're ready to start. :)

Julia A.

Julia A.

I could help as well. :)

Klaus Poppenberg

Klaus Poppenberg

I am also German and have been reviewing for another app. Would love to help. - Klaus.

Alex Dao

Alex Dao Staff

Oh great! I'll reach out once the translations are ready to test. Thanks!

Andreas Scheffer

Andreas Scheffer Plus

Ich spreche auch deutsch! Count me in, too, if you like. Cheers from Berlin.

Alex Dao

Alex Dao Staff

Sounds good, thanks Andreas! I'll be in touch soon with more info.

Claudia Gallo

Claudia Gallo

I 'm a native German speaker.. so let me know.

Alex Dao

Alex Dao Staff

Thanks for volunteering! It looks like we may have enough people already, but I'll let you know if we still need your help. :)

Schmidty's Pictures

Schmidty's Pictures

It looks like you have heaps of volunteers. I was born in Germany and moved to Australia in 2006 so if you still need help please let me know.

Alex Dao

Alex Dao Staff

Thanks! I'll let you know if we need any more help :)

University of Happiness

University of Happiness

So viele deutschsprachige hier. Vielleicht kann mir ja jemand helfen??? Bitte, bitte, bitte - my english ist terrible ;-)! Ich habe jetzt einen vimeo pro account und gestern alle videos hochgeladen, einen channel und ein portfolio eingerichtet. Doch jetzt sind in all meinen videos hässliche links und mein logo (das dort nicht hingehört). Das möchte ich nicht. Finde aber trotz google translate, den vimeo help seiten, youtube etc. keine Lösung und verzweifel! Auch finde ich keine links zu meinem portfolio oder meinem channel, obwohl ich öffentlich angehakt habe. Weiss jemand, wie das problem zu löen ist! Vielen Dank für Eure UNTERSTÜTZUNG!

Ladozs Kadullu

Ladozs Kadullu

Hi,
stell doch hier mal einen LinK (URL) des betreffenden Videos ein, damit die Vimeo-Staff einen Blick
drauf werfen kann!

Saludos!

This conversation is missing your voice. Please join Vimeo or log in.