Danielle Storm

Danielle Storm Plus

I followed the Vimeo compression guidelines according to the Sony Vegas 10 tutorial on your site -- step by step, exactly. Yet the video I uploaded yesterday is still "processing." I tried again this morning, and it's still "processing."

What are my next steps?

Links: vimeo.com/55393155, vimeo.com/55455636

Danielle Storm

Danielle Storm Plus

I've deleted both and am starting all over again. I paid for a Plus account but I'm worried now about this service...

Mark

Mark Staff

Let us know if you need any further assistance, we'll be happy to help you.

Danielle Storm

Danielle Storm Plus

I'm now on my seventh try and it's still not working. I sent a separate email to support with details -- took the internet speed test, everything...still nothing.

This is my last attempt because each one takes about twelve hours. I don't know what else to do.

Mark

Mark Staff

What's happening? What are you seeing? I'm seeing that this video is still being uploaded.. What message are you seeing?

Danielle Storm

Danielle Storm Plus

I just started a new upload because the sixth one last night failed (not your fault this time...stupid auto updates from Microsoft made the computer restart about eight hours into the upload)

The other attempts ended up just "processing" for 24 hours or more. The upload completed but the message said it was being encoded and would be available shortly...but after 24 hours I figured something had gone wrong so I deleted it and started over...and over...and over... :)

Ian Durkin

Ian Durkin Staff

So for the trouble, Danielle. Next time it gets stuck can you send it our way so that we can take a look?

Ian Durkin

Ian Durkin Staff

Huh, it looks like the issue is with uploading rather than conversion, which would have to do with your videos compression settings. Are you uploading in IE? Can you try uploading in a different browser?

Mark

Mark Staff

Yeah - looks like something is messing up during the upload process. Please double check and make sure your compression settings are in line with what we recommend (vimeo.com/help/compression) - Also, try switching between the basic and advanced uploader in Chrome, Safari and Firefox. Please post any further issues here vimeo.com/forums/help/topic:16738

This conversation is missing your voice. Please join Vimeo or log in.