Red Art Cinema

Red Art Cinema Plus

Ok it happened again, my internet stinks and I had a 1.8gb video file that failed twice about 75% to 80% of the way thru. Plus I had a 800mb file that gave me an error: "Error: "This doesn't appear to be a valid video file" (I uploaded it again and it was fine?!?)

This used up my upload space for the week. :(

I only have 1/2 of a gig left and about 3.5 gigs still to upload this week.

I haven't used any of my bandwidth in the last few weeks, any way my limit can be reset or at least put back to like 2gb so I can finish my uploads this week?!?!

Mark

Mark Staff

I have reset your quota, sorry about that.

Red Art Cinema

Red Art Cinema Plus

Thank you so much Mark, I went to upload and it was reset. I loaded 2 files (total of about 1.2gb) and they failed a few seconds later at 5% or so, I tried to re-start the upload and now my quota is saying 4.759gb used... not sure what happenened?

Red Art Cinema

Red Art Cinema Plus

To clarify, the quota was reset, it said I still had 5gb left, then all the sudden it went back to the way it was (pretty much full)

Red Art Cinema

Red Art Cinema Plus

Man I'm really being a pain... went there and it showed "0" uploaded (my entire quota is available for uploading) so I tried uploading 2 files, 1 file failed right away but the other completed. Now I go to Upload again and it's saying:

Upload limit reached
Sorry, you’ve hit your upload limit for the week.
YOUR USAGE
Storage / 5.281GB of 5GB

Seems like it was reset but then goes back to being full... :(

Red Art Cinema

Red Art Cinema Plus

Ok, it happened again, set 2 files to upload, one got to about 10%, the other to about 2% and I got a "something went wrong"... now the usage is back to 5.281gb and I can't upload...

I'm using Chrome and have good cable internet connection (5mbps upload)...

Ian Durkin

Ian Durkin Staff

Jeez. I'm sorry about that. Have you tried in all browsers? I'm going to look and see if something is up on our side.

Red Art Cinema

Red Art Cinema Plus

I can try on Firefox and/or IE but it's still showing Upload Limit Reached. I even tried on FF, cleared all my history/cache/cookies and logged back on...

Red Art Cinema

Red Art Cinema Plus

Any update guys? I have clients really freaking out and deadlines being missed... I appreciate the help. :)
As mentioned, I can try to upload via Firefox or IE if you'd like but right now I can't upload anything due to Upload Limit reached...

Mark

Mark Staff

When we reset the limit manually, sometimes it doesn't stick. I've tried again.

Red Art Cinema

Red Art Cinema Plus

Thanks Mark, but we're 0 for 4... I was able to upload 2 videos (Used Firefox just to see if it was a problem with Chrome). Those went thru fine...

Unfortunately I went back to the Upload and it's showing
Storage / 5.678GB of 5GB
Upload limit reached

I'm trying to be as calm about this as possible but now have 2 clients down my throat wondering why I can't choose a video host that can reset a storage quota... it's getting to be a bit discouraging. I realize you guys are doing what you can but every time this issue happens, it's another 4 to 10 hour wait and then I may or may not be able to upload.

Is there anything that can be done so that this is not going to happen again?!?

Ian Durkin

Ian Durkin Staff

I apologize and totally sympathize with your frustration. I've bumped up your quota so hopefully this wont happen again.

Red Art Cinema

Red Art Cinema Plus

Thanks Ian, as of right now looks like that worked. The quota amount is plenty big even after the amount used already reset back to 5.8-something.. :) Now will have happy brides for the weekend! :)

This conversation is missing your voice. Please join Vimeo or log in.