Luxury Exchange

Luxury Exchange PRO

Hi,

Just a quick question: is there possible to have this option enabled by default for all future videos?
I made a preset but it doesn't keep this option on for newly uploaded videos "Default this video to HD when embedded".

I'd appreciate your input on this,
Gabriel

Ian Durkin

Ian Durkin Staff

Hi Gabriel, sorry for the trouble. If you created a preset and apply it to your videos, this should work. Can you link me to a video on Vimeo and where it is embedded that is not?

Luxury Exchange

Luxury Exchange PRO

Hi Ian - sorry for the late reply, we were testing a few things and this as well.

The default preset has all the right buttons checked but when I visit a specific video's settings (after upload of course) the "Default this video to HD when embedded" button is unchecked.

Also, some videos just will default to sd, with or without this setting.
Here are a couple of links:
luxuryexchange.com/shop/jewelry-and-watches/other-designers/authentic-rolex-ladies-datejust-watch-179173/prod_4496.html
luxuryexchange.com/shop/hermes/authentic-hermes-candy-birkin-30cm-bag-celeste-epsom/prod_4500.html

For example on a windows computer they will default to SD, on every browser. On a Mac though I can see them in hd. Also another big deal is on an iPad, sd as well.

Thanks for your help, this is one of the most important aspects for us,
Gabriel

Ian Durkin

Ian Durkin Staff

Hi Gabriel, thanks for the examples. I'm going to continue to run some tests on this while our devs look into it on our back end. However, I'm noticing that your preset "final" does not include the "default to HD" option. Can you try creating a new preset that includes this and see if that has an affect on future uploads? Let us know what you find.

Luxury Exchange

Luxury Exchange PRO

Sure thing, I'll make another preset more carefully to make sure , I will let you know how it goes

thanks for looking into the other issue, playing defaulting to sd sometimes

Luxury Exchange

Luxury Exchange PRO

OK Ian, I made a new preset hd_w_logo very carefully, I made sure that the button is checked and then I applied the new preset to all the videos using the option from My Settings .

Unfortunately when I go and check the settings for the videos, the button is still unchecked - so it must be something that is not saving that option.

Please let me know if you need anything from me,
Gabriel

Ian Durkin

Ian Durkin Staff

Hi Gabriel, you are right! I came to the same conclusion after running some tests. We'll work on this. Sorry for the inconvenience.

Luxury Exchange

Luxury Exchange PRO

Hi Ian - i know it's a long shot but have the devs got any time to look into this yet :) ?

Thanks,
Gabriel

Rebecca Tharp

Rebecca Tharp Staff

Still looking into the issue, Gabriel, but thanks for checking back in! We should see some progress soon!

Mark

Mark Staff

Nothing yet, sorry. Our developers have their hands quite full at the moment - but this is still being looked into.

This conversation is missing your voice. Please join Vimeo or log in.