pyramus

pyramus

Hi my HD video (720p30, I confirmed it's indeed prcoessed as this, by clicking the download button) doesn't play as HD: neither straight from my own account or elsewhere on vimeo.com – it just scales. I'm using the recommended compression settings.

Does anyone know what's going on and how I can solve this?

Link: vimeo.com/57725822

pyramus

pyramus

Dear staff, I found some other posts here with the same problem. It seems Vimeo didn't convert a HD version – could you please take a look? Thanks a lot

Mark

Mark Staff

I'm trying to create a new HD version for this right now

pyramus

pyramus

it's working! thanks a lot

Ian Durkin

Ian Durkin Staff

Sorry about that, Tim. I'm creating a HD version for you now.

Tim Walton

Tim Walton

Mark & Ian -
When is the HJD video supposed to show up?

Zena Hirsch

Zena Hirsch Staff

Hi Tim, unfortunately, it looks like we are unable to create an HD version because the source file was already deleted from our servers. It looks like you'll have to re-upload your video. I apologize for the inconvenience. Let us know right away if the new upload does not generate an HD version. Thanks!

Chalkout

Chalkout

Hey There!

Same problem with 80% of my videos, any help how to enable HD please!

Thanks.

Example: vimeo.com/58894198

Mark

Mark Staff

As a basic member, you can only upload 1 HD video per week. You need to upgrade to Plus or PRO to upload more than that.

Chalkout

Chalkout

Hey Mark! I have now the plus subscription and the videos still in SD, I have to reuploaded all the videos?

Davide Yakuza

Davide Yakuza

my video vimeo.com/59047324 doenst come up HD either..
ah is it the basic user limitation?? i understand.
it means im gonna upload on utube

Brad Stencil

Brad Stencil

if I wait a week, will my video turn to HD or will I have to re-upload it?

Brad Stencil

Brad Stencil

sorry if that sounds like a dumb question haha. I meant to say will it have the ability to enable HD?

Ian Durkin

Ian Durkin Staff

Not a dumb question, Brad! Unfortunately though, you'll have to re-upload it once your quota resets.

Rebecca Tharp

Rebecca Tharp Staff

Videos must have a resolution of at least 1280 x 720 in order to be viewed in HD. Your videos do not seem to reach said resolution.

xavier guennan

xavier guennan

thanks for your answer ! It's wired because some of these videos have been uploaded in 1280 X 720...
so if i upload all my videos in 1280 X 720, it will be ok ? Or must i upload just one video once a week ?
Thanks

Rebecca Tharp

Rebecca Tharp Staff

As a Basic user, you get one HD upload/week. So, as long as that file is at least 1280 x 720, it should generate an HD version! Remember though, only one per week! The rest will only generate an SD version.

Matt Dippenaar

Matt Dippenaar

My Quota allows for HD upload this week, and I follow the Exact compression settings and it does not show HD.

Thanks in advance Vimeo, is there anything I am missing??

Link: vimeo.com/59470422

Mark

Mark Staff

This video does in fact have an HD version. Try clearing your browser cache and cookies. Also please note our support hours are 10am-6pm eastern.

Matt Dippenaar

Matt Dippenaar

OK magic, Thank you, I never new cache would cause this! Thanks for the tip!!

Mark

Mark Staff

As a basic member, you're only allowed to upload one HD video per week.

Bernie Tiano

Bernie Tiano

Hi - I know I haven't uploaded anything in a while, so I'm sure I should be eligible for this single HD upload. I checked and it's 1280x720 -- did I miss something in the upload process?

Link: vimeo.com/60147394

Ian Durkin

Ian Durkin Staff

Hi, sorry about that. I'm creating an HD version for you now.

Joseph Tong

Joseph Tong

Hi. I'm new to Vimeo and I know that there is a limit of 1 HD video per week as a basic user. Is there anyway I can tell when that week refreshes? Also, if I upload an HD video before that week refreshes, does it then automatically convert the SD version of the video to HD?

Thanks! I'm specifically referring to this one

Link: vimeo.com/60211190

Mark

Mark Staff

It resets on Mondays at midnight for you. Also, unfortunately no- you'd have to re-upload it.

Mark

Mark Staff

Your original file is not HD, it's only 720x480

Ian Durkin

Ian Durkin Staff

Unfortunately, no. As the original file is still only 720x480. Also, please do not post the same posts in multiple threads.

Erika Rydell

Erika Rydell

Hello! Was wondering why the video I uploaded isn't in HD? I deleted the past 3 uploads that were in HD bc they were having issues encoding, but they were showing up as HD so I don't think I've hit my quota for the week. Thanks so much!

vimeo.com/61042194

Ian Durkin

Ian Durkin Staff

Hi Erika, unfortunately if the three videos you deleted were uploaded during your current upload quota you'll still need to wait til the next quota. That said, it sounds like we were the cause of this so I'll bump this one to HD now.

Erika Rydell

Erika Rydell

Thanks so much Ian!! And thank you for your fast response! :)

Harvey Bunegar

Harvey Bunegar Plus

Hello, the HD playback option has disappeared from my video vimeo.com/60604381 after trying to upgrade to 1080p. The file I uploaded was 1920x1080, but there doesn't seem to be anything I can do to get HD playback back even after re-encoding 720p - the video appears to be stuck in SD. It was working fine before upgrading. Help much appreciated.

Link: vimeo.com/60604381

Mark

Mark Staff

I'm going to try and re-create an HD version right now, sorry about that!

Harvey Bunegar

Harvey Bunegar Plus

I've now resolved this issue after replacing the video file. HD playback is now working fine.

Mark

Mark Staff

You'd need to upload it in HD. This video is only 720x480. It should be 1280x720.

Mark

Mark Staff

Sorry about that, i'm creating an HD version of this file right now.

Mark

Mark Staff

This video is not HD, it's only 640x360.

Mark

Mark Staff

Basic members can only upload 1 HD video per week.

This conversation is missing your voice. Please join Vimeo or log in.