Ian Durkin

Ian Durkin Staff

Hi there, sorry for the trouble and thanks for bringing this to our attention. Can you tell me where specifically on the site you have been tracking the stats for this video and when the stats dropped? Has it been a continuous process?

H. Spencer Young

H. Spencer Young Plus

Hi Ian thanks for your reply. I am simply viewing the view counter as any Vimeo user would. The film is not posted to my account so I am just looking at the counter on occasion and noticed the drop. A week or two ago the film was nearing 25K views and then dropped to 23K roughly. It's getting some play at the moment so the views are climbing again, but there was a substantial loss in views somehow.

H. Spencer Young

H. Spencer Young Plus

Even now, the counter and graph reports 40 likes when there are actually 44 reported on the middle right of the page.

H. Spencer Young

H. Spencer Young Plus

As far as I know it's the first time this has happened - but I have been aware that there were issues with your servers in terms of viewcount lag etc etc - I have definitely seen those lag issues come to bear, but this is the first time I've seen a drop.

H. Spencer Young

H. Spencer Young Plus

Ian thank you. I just got this email from Andrew T

Hi Spencer,

Thank you for alerting us. This is a known issue and we are actively working to resolve it.
Please check the Vimeo Help Forums for updates on our progress!

vimeo.com/help/forum
Thanks for using Vimeo!

Sincerely,
Andrew T

Mark

Mark Staff

We hope to have this fixed shortly - it's being looked into

Ian Durkin

Ian Durkin Staff

Okay cool. In the future, please don't post in the forum and email us about the same issue. While we appreciate you letting us know, doing so twice just gives us twice as much work. Thanks!

H. Spencer Young

H. Spencer Young Plus

Guys THANK YOU - You guys are setting new standards for forum attentiveness so it was my instinct to email first - but this is awesome and please accept my apologies - big fan of you all!

This conversation is missing your voice. Please join Vimeo or log in.