Iain Brew

Iain Brew

Do you want to have snazzy looking videos that can play full screen in decent quality too?
If you have a mac and QuickTime, with your finished video, simply go to File > Share and then pick 'Large" from the pop up window. Your computer will now render a great quality, yet much smaller version of your original clip.

When it is done, drag it from your Mail application to your desktop, then upload :)

Easy!

Paul McClintock

Paul McClintock

There are lots of programs available that encode to h.264, but strangely enough I seem to have the least problems using Quicktime. Huh.

keith

keith Plus

I'd like to use my version of Quicktime PRO to export clips but the simplest edits seem to be counterintuitive so I end up just going back to Premiere.

I use Sorrenson Squeeze which gives you a bazillion compression options.

ed

ed

I use Premiere, then import the DV-AVI into Quicktime Pro for H.264 output. It's another step, but the quality seems better (both of the mov file and the conversion by Vimeo).

Iain Brew

Iain Brew

yeah - i always export in 'raw' format that came off the camera (in my case DV 48Khz anamorphic) then compress it in QuickTime Pro player for delivery to vimeo

dalas verdugo

dalas verdugo Staff

All of the best looking videos I have seen on Vimeo have been H.264 clips.

Justus Zimmerly

Justus Zimmerly

I edit in iMovie, export in full quality DV and then use iSquint to convert into H.264. It works really well and doesn't take forever (I have a G4 iBook).

Ken Glynn

Ken Glynn

I own final cut pro and want to export anamorphic DV footage. I'd rather not shell out for Quicktime Pro. Anybody have the magic settings/workflow to export directly from final cut and upload so that the aspect doesn't get squashed? Here's my first attempt: vimeo.com/1415027

Marco Calderon

Marco Calderon

i need help i cant seem to do any of that i dont have a MAC can anybody help me by telling what i can do to encode my HD video please.
i use sony vegas pro if that can help
if need email -marcocalderon_2006@hotmail.com

This conversation is missing your voice. Please join Vimeo or log in.