Ken Finch

Ken Finch

I THOUGHT i sent a link where people coukld see my videos by an email. , some said they did not come up. got pictures but no video. how do I fix this.

Link: vimeo.com/user15721428/videos

Mark

Mark Staff

Hey Ken, i'm sorry but you cannot embed a video into an email.

Ken Finch

Ken Finch

Kark,

i DON'T THINK i want to embed a video in the way you But in a grapgical attachment or in the body of the email I want to have a hot link to my page Some say this is working and some say it does not. It might be that the link I GAVE YOU, vimeo.com/user15721428/videos YOU HAVE TO FIRST CLICK THE NAME UNDER THE VIDEO, AND THEN A VIDEO WITH A ARROW COMES UP. BUT THE FIRST VIDEO =IMAGE HAS no arrow. Someone may have wanted the arrow on the first image. Is there anyway to do that?

Mark

Mark Staff

I'm not sure what you mean by no arrow. Are you talking about the play button? If so, which video is lacking the play button?

Mark

Mark Staff

That's correct. That's just a list of all the videos you uploaded, you can't play them from that page.

Ken Finch

Ken Finch

Mark,

Can I give a link to my page to anyone by email, , have them click it, and not have them have to join vineo to see my videos. They must go directly to my page. If the answer is no, I have to terminate my relationship with vimeo. This aggressive marketing is repulsive.

Ken

Link: vimeo.com/forums/topic:100546#comment_8776462

Cameron Christopher

Cameron Christopher Staff

A viewer doesn't need to join Vimeo to watch your videos -- you can send the link and it'll take them directly to the page.

Ken Finch

Ken Finch

Mark, I request the feature that if you click the image of a show that also takes you to the play page, not just the text below the image. Many pdeople will no longer do anything othe than click image. Can you forward this request to the right person?

Thanks, Ken

Ken Finch

Ken Finch

Cameron Christopher,

What link do you propose. ? JUST TRIED IT AGAIN, AND IT REQUESTED THEM TO JOIN. they could search for my videos and not join but this is totally unacceptable. I WAS GIVEN THE SAME ASSURACE PReVIOUSLY , PUT THAT IN A LARGE MAILER, AND IT DID NOT WORK. You destroyed that mailing completely . . i just had a friend try it again, and it did not work. please give me a link which you are confident does not requir membership, v that does firectly to me videos. . Are you sure you are testing with peop[le who are npt already members? If a test of the link fails, I WANT ,MY MONEY BACK FOR VIMEO PLUS DUE TO FALSE ADVERTIZING.

Ken Finch

Ken Finch

LOOK, IF YIU CAN'T GET RID OF THE OPOTION TO JOIN VIMEO ON THE TOP OF THE SCREEN, VERY BIG AND OFFENSIVE, i want my money back

Mark

Mark Staff

Hi Ken! I'm sorry, but we cannot remove that button, it is part of our site navigation and has been there for years. Furthermore, you are out of your 30-day refund period so I cannot grant you a refund. I apologize for the inconvenience.

However, rest assured that 99.999% of people will not be confused by seeing the join button at the top of the screen.

Ken Finch

Ken Finch

there does not seem to most people to be a way to proceed without joining. in any case, if you can completely remove your harrassing ad completely, I DEMAND MY MONEY BACK, aRE YOU CROKKS?

Ken Finch

Ken Finch

Mark,

That is total bull, most people who have gone to my videos have been confused by your large intrusive add. The woiuld not go forward because they would not join vimeo and there was no apparent way to proceed without joining. There was no not join but proceed button.
At this point I AM STILL PREPARED TO BELIEVE THERE IS SOME KIND OF MISUNDERSTANDING HERE AND YOU ARE NOT TOTAL LYING SCUM. TO PROVE IT, GIVE ME A LINK TO WHAT YOU THINK NON-MEMBERS WILL SEE. i ASSURE UPOU THAT IS NOT WHAT THEY HAVE SEEN IN THE PAST. MAYBE YOU ARE JUST IGNORATE OF CURRENT PO;LICIES
KEN

Mark

Mark Staff

Hi Ken. Here's a screenshot of what non member see when they access your video - cl.ly/NXR6 - They see the huge video right there on the page with a big play button on it.

There's a small link at the top of the page prompting people to join if they'd like to, but it's very obvious that it's not a prerequisite to watch the video as it's tucked neatly away in the top left hand corner of the screen.

Ken Finch

Ken Finch

Mark,

I agree this SCREeN SHOT IS ACCURATE, BUT i am told you cant even get to this page without a full page demand you join vimneo. I would like to see from the link below, the entire sequence of events.
I ANY CASE i have had it with Vimeo and will be switching to VZAAR, WHICH DO NOT HAVE A JOINING PROBLEM.
tHE ONLY REMAINING QUESTION IS IF i document my expoerience with you to the better business beauru or not, dependibng on if i get a refund. IFyou have a link which bypasses the first add, please send it. otherwize expect some bad press. . Use the previous link i have sent you and go threw the whole sequence. if that issue can be fixed, that is a different matter.

ken

Ken

Mark

Mark Staff

Can you please send me a screenshot of what you're seeing? There is no full page demanding to join Vimeo that exists anywhere when trying to access your video. There never was and there never will be. If you can show me exactly what you're seeing, i'd be happy to try and explain what is going wrong, but I honestly have no idea what you're describing.

When you click on the link to your video - vimeo.com/59120047 - this is what people see cl.ly/NXR6. No full page ad, no nothing.

Ken Finch

Ken Finch

Mark,

You are just wrong. i saw it before i joined not after. but everyone who has not joined has complained. You do not see it because you are a member , like me. Please stop being so incrediblY dense, talk to someone who is not a member and have them show it to you. You are a disgrace to customer servicre. Expect this LATEST STUPIDITY to be included in the report to the BBB.

kEN

Darnell Witt

Darnell Witt Staff

Hi Ken,

I can assure you, as Mark already has, that we do not require anyone to create an account before watching videos. You can verify this yourself by logging out and your account and navigating directly to your videos. This is the same experience as someone who does not have an account.

I am going to lock this thread now, but please feel free to contact us here if you would like to discuss this further: vimeo.com/help/contact. In your message say "Please assign to Darnell" and I would be happy to follow up with you personally.

Thank you!

This conversation is missing your voice. Please join Vimeo or log in.