Patricio Hoter

Patricio Hoter Plus

I tried uploading twice the same video. It uploads and compresses just fine. At the time of linking it to my website, it's the only video of all which doesn't playback. Instead it prompts a message saying "Sorry. There was a problem loading this video".

I'm not sure what to do now ... It's the only video of all of my vimeo ones to do this. I tried changing the privacy settings (just in case) but that didn't seem to change anything.

Link: patricio-hoter.com

Mark

Mark Staff

Can you link me to where on that website the video is?

Ian Durkin

Ian Durkin Staff

Interesting. Can you link me to the video on Vimeo?

Mark

Mark Staff

Does embedding on this domain without the lightbox work? I'm wondering if this is an issue with your lightbox.

Patricio Hoter

Patricio Hoter Plus

have you guys been able to figure out what's happening with this?

Ian Durkin

Ian Durkin Staff

Sorry, I'm going to check back in with our developers on this now.

Patricio Hoter

Patricio Hoter Plus

HMMM, well, as you can see every single other video from Vimeo works perfectly fine with the lightbox in the website. I can't not have it as it's part of the overall build ... that said, .. it seems as a very isolated issue, since everything else works. Like I said, I tried deleting the upload and link, re-uploading and creating a new link, and that still didn't seem to work ... I'm at a blank on what could be the issue. I even tried not making it password protected as all other videos are (temporarily as it actually NEEDS to be password protected), but that wasn't the issue either

Ian Durkin

Ian Durkin Staff

That is very odd that this is happening with a newly uploaded video. Have you tried embedding within that lightbox a video that is functioning properly elsewhere on your site?

Patricio Hoter

Patricio Hoter Plus

I tried three things just now:
1) create a new page ("project") under a different client and to that new lightbox add the link to the faulty vimeo link. In case there was some problem with the coding of that particular project page.
--- Result: vimeo video still won't load.

2) In the same page ("project") where the faulty vimeo link lives, I switched it to the link of a whole different video.
--- Result: New link works perfectly. Therefore, the page created for that vimeo video to live in, is not at fault.

3) Uploaded a new video to my vimeo account (it was an old video, but uploaded it as a new asset). Linked that new vimeo link to the page where the previous faulty one was.
--- Result: new link to new (unrelated) video doesn't work. Something to note here, the "new" video uploaded was the exact same file as a previous one uploaded that is currently working just fine.

Conclusion: There seems to be something not working with new videos uploaded and linked to the site.

Patricio Hoter

Patricio Hoter Plus

Other information that may come useful:

- the videos are compressed using the exact same settings as all of my other vimeo uploaded videos
- I'm using Chrome as my browser to upload

Patricio Hoter

Patricio Hoter Plus

The aforementioned 'new' test upload (note: this is the exact duplicate of an old video previously uploaded that is CURRENTLY working perfectly fine in the website), is:

vimeo.com/64936681

The old version of this upload that is currently being used and functioning can be found:

vimeo.com/51978364

And it can also be seen in the website by following this path:

patricio-hoter.com/portfolio/clients/

click on UBISOFT
click on JUST DANCE 4, JUSTIN BIEBER SURPRISE TV:30

Ian Durkin

Ian Durkin Staff

Hi Patricio, I checked in and it turns out that the src attribute of your embed code has some typos in it. Can you please try embedding once more?

Patricio Hoter

Patricio Hoter Plus

Nope .. no good luck. I re-uploaded the file and while it plays in the vimeo site perfectly fine, it won't play on my site ... I tried it on Safari, Chrome and Firefox .. all same message as before.
Link to the new vimeo logo below is below in the URL.. its destination is the same one as discussed in the thread above.

Link: vimeo.com/65308406

Tommy Penner

Tommy Penner Staff

Re-uploading won't help. You need to re-copy and replace the embed code on your site. The embed code (for the E! Entertainment video clip) on your site has typos in the URL and clip ID that are causing the "Sorry, video is not available" screen to show up.

Patricio Hoter

Patricio Hoter Plus

This may sound stupid, but you mean in the scripting part of the site or in the actual URL I copy/pasted from the address bar on my browser? All i do in wordpress which has always worked, has been to embbed them as [vimeo]vimeo.com/65308406[/vimeo] ... and that usually does it. I literally copy/pasted it from the vimeo URL, so it'd be weird for there to be a typo... unless you are referring to something my site's scripts are messing up automatically behind the scenes.

Mark

Mark Staff

Try re-embedding them and make sure the URL you're entering is correct. If it still doesn't work, then it's possible that Wordpress plugin is deconstructing it and messing it up - we suggest you just use our embed code as given.

Patricio Hoter

Patricio Hoter Plus

I will bring this to the attention of the site developers. So far it seems that there hasn't been any problems embedding it the way we have: [vimeo] ... [/vimeo] with all other videos. In fact, they are all currently working, so maybe the way we embed may not be the problem. That said, it could be that Wordpress is messing things up. I will forward this thread to them and see what they think is going on. Thank you very much for all of the help you guys.

This conversation is missing your voice. Please join Vimeo or log in.