Mark

Mark Staff

This issue should now be resolved - if you're still having trouble, please create a new thread and we'll help you out!

Mark

Mark Staff

//// UPDATE 7/11/13 ////
This issue should be resolved tomorrow, Friday, July 12th. If you're still having issues with your account being disconnected after that time, please let us know in this thread and we'll have our developers take a look

Thanks for taking the time to help us collect data and report this issue, it was super helpful!

//// ORIGINAL POST ////

Hi friends!

We've heard some scattered reports of Twitter and Facebook accounts being disconnected from Vimeo accounts. In order to help our developers knock out this issue, we're tying to collect some additional info from you fine people so we can isolate what's wrong!

Please, if you can, let us know the following:

1) What got disconnected? Facebook? Twitter? Both?

2) Did you notice this happening immediately after performing another action on Vimeo?

3) Is this re-occurring? (Do you keep getting disconnected?) If so, how often?

Thanks so much for your help! And we apologize for the trouble. We'll post here in this thread with any further updates.

Paul Mckenna

Paul Mckenna

Both my accounts have been disconnected.

At first I tried to reconnect after changing my Twitter profile name. I've also changed my email address for all three accounts. I first thought this could be the problem but after logging out, refreshing the links between all the accounts it still hasn't worked!

I don't get any error messages or notifications - it just simply does not post any activity on my T of FB accounts.

Elisa Monte Dance

Elisa Monte Dance Plus

We have also had both our Facebook and Twitter accounts disconnect repeatedly. We started getting emails about 1 month ago titled, “Reconnect your Facebook account to Vimeo” or “Reconnect your Twitter account to Vimeo”. I have repeatedly clicked the link, reconnected our accounts via reentering our passwords, gotten confirmation, then about a week later we will get another email telling us to reconnect again. I don’t think there was a catalyst action on our part via vimeo that initiated this, it seemed to just start randomly.

Sylvia Toy

Sylvia Toy Plus

Both my Twitter & FB accounts were disconnected for a few days last week. It has not happened since.

Micah O'Keiley

Micah O'Keiley

I was receiving disconnects up until this past weekend Saturday ONLY from twitter.
Facebook still seems to work fine.

Though, I'm still not seeing my likes, comments, etc show up on twitter still to this day.

I have tried logging out of both accounts, disconnecting on both twitter and vimeo, then reconnecting the accounts; still, nothing seems to post on twitter.

Any ideas?

*edit: Also, I noticed if I use the find friends from twitter I get this error:

API failure!

The third party service twitter failed to send back a response. It’s possible you’re over your ratelimit for the hour or the API service is down.

Please try again later.
Error 403: Request failed (403). Invalid permissions.

frame

frame Plus

Same for me on Twitter, nothing seems to get through. No Likes - although I specifically told it to do so via settings. Also tried to log out and log in a few times. Diconnecting and connecting my Twitter account on Vimeo but still no likes for weeks.

Jay Bond

Jay Bond Plus

Same with Twitter here. For a few days I was being notified I was disconnected and to reconnect. I no longer get that notification and now it says I'm connected and all is fine. However I have no interaction with my Twitter account whatsoever, no Vimeo activity re-routes to my feed.

Mauro Di Ianni

Mauro Di Ianni

Only my twitter account has been disconnected several times. I received the reconnect email 2 or 3 times; I did reconnect but still it's not working.

Hiram

Hiram

Problems with Twitter since last week, I recieved an email saying that my Twitter-Vimeo connection had expired. I tried to reconnect but it appears an error "VimeUhOh", the same when I tried to connect Tumblr.

Ephief

Ephief

I had Twitter connected but likes didn't go through. I disconnected the account and tried to reconnect, but now it only says "There was an error linking with your Twitter account. Please try again." so I can't connect to Twitter at all at the moment. I think this started after I got the mail that Twitter connection had expired. At that time I could reconnect, though.

Manuel F. Rugeles

Manuel F. Rugeles

My Facebook and twitter accounts had been disconnected over and over again for the last month. And now it does not share my posts or likes automatically to twitter.

James Maidens

James Maidens

my twitter has disconnected,when i try to reconnect it signs me out of vimeo, giving me a error message when i sign back in again.

Adam Wright

Adam Wright

My Twitter account has disconnected from Vimeo three times. The previous two times I have reconnected my Twitter account successfully, just to find out the next day it had been disconnected again each time. I stopped trying to reconnect the Twitter account until the issue is resolved.

I have noticed that the emails I received letting me know my Twitter disconnected happened around the same time, perhaps that helps? I'm unsure if the account disconnected each morning at the same time, or if the emails just got sent out each morning at the same time.

- disconnection email received June 12th at 12:24 AM EST.
- reconnected June 12th evening
- disconnection email received June 13th at 12:24 AM EST.
- reconnected June 13th evening
- disconnection email received June 14th at 12:25 AM EST
I didn't try to reconnect again, waiting until resolved

Kyle Cowling

Kyle Cowling Plus

My Facebook has been disconnected for about six months, but Twitter fine. Unfortunately, now my Twitter is also disconnected and every time I attempt to reconnect them and click "save" it disconnects again, asking me to reconnect.

François Ohl

François Ohl

On my side, Twitter connection isn't working at all. If I want to edit settings (here: vimeo.com/settings/apps), I don't get any error messages but my Vimeo activity doesn't generate any tweets. Plus the "Find friends" feature sends me back to the Twitter screen asking me to auth Vimeo. If I do, I get disconnected from Vimeo AND the Vimeo/Twitter link is still not active as the Friends feature is not working, and here goes the loop...

Facebook connection is okay, except really occasionnal disconnections and sometimes sorts of "timeouts" using the the Find Friends feature.

SUPER MEGA ACTION PLUS

SUPER MEGA ACTION PLUS Plus

I've had a banner at the top of Vimeo for a week or so saying Twitter is disconnected, only just got round to trying to reconnect it. When I do, it goes to the Twitter authorise page, then when it comes back to Vimeo, Vimeo asks me to log in again and nothing has changed.

(1. I don't have facebook connected. 2. It's just all the time. 3. It won't reconnect no matter how many times I try it.)

DaSch

DaSch

Same problem here. Trying to reconnect Twitter or Tumblr takes me to login page and then says that there is an error with my Twitter or Tumblr account and that I should try again. But trying again just gives me the same error.

ICONICA

ICONICA PRO

Our Vimeo account keeps disconnecting from our twitter and facebook accounts. I keep tryint to reconnect but it is not working. please fix for us. it is not posting to our account currently.

Link: vimeo.com/iconicatv

Russell Memorial UMC

Russell Memorial UMC

Both say they are connected, but neither autoposts as I have them set up to do.

Oliver Astrologo

Oliver Astrologo Plus

Dear staff,
this is what I did, but not resolved:

- Disconnected my twitter account (was not working)
- Revoked access from Vimeo app in my Twitter dashboard to be sure
- Tried to reconnect again from Vimeo and allowed the Twitter access.
- Redirected back to Vimeo, but vimeo asked to login again.
- After login Vimeo says: There was an error linking with your Twitter account. Please try again.

Hope can help you to find the issue.

Shutterbug Seshat

Shutterbug Seshat

Both and I questioned this matter almost 2 months ago via email and never received a response. I tried almost everything to resolve this issue and none of it worked

Jeff Williams

Jeff Williams Plus

1) What got disconnected? Facebook? Twitter? Both?
Twitter!
2) Did you notice this happening immediately after performing another action on Vimeo?
Nope.
3) Is this re-occurring? (Do you keep getting disconnected?) If so, how often?
It was a re-occurring issue, but now, even though it is indicated to the contrary, my likes are not posting to Twitter as they used to.

Maricruz Diaz

Maricruz Diaz

quiero saber como darme de baja porque mi filiación creí que era gratuita. Gracias.

Amro Gebreel

Amro Gebreel

Both were disconnected. I have still not been able to connect them properly - namely it won't tweet my liked videos etc.

Help!

foureyez

foureyez PRO

Same here. Both Facebook & Twitter accounts are disconnected.
Tried reconnecting them again. Worked for a while and then it happened again.
This is not the first time!

foureyez

foureyez PRO

Again, I am getting fed up with this reconnecting to Facebook all the time. Not a solid week goes by in which I'm not prompted to reconnect Vimeo with Facebook. Come on people, get this thing working again. Pretty please, with sugar on top...

Mom's Choice Awards®

Mom's Choice Awards®

I, too am paying for PRO ... which apparently comes with a daily email about my Facebook being disconnected. I click through, re-connect, get "success," and then the process starts all over again 24 hours later. This has been happening for about a month, but only since I went PRO. Like 1979WWE I am about ready to cancel pro.

Elisa Monte Dance

Elisa Monte Dance Plus

We have also had both our Facebook and Twitter accounts disconnect repeatedly and we pay for Pro as well. We started getting emails about 1 month ago titled, “Reconnect your Facebook account to Vimeo” or “Reconnect your Twitter account to Vimeo”. I have repeatedly clicked the link, reconnected our accounts via reentering our passwords, gotten confirmation, then about a week later we will get another email telling us to reconnect again. I don’t think there was a catalyst action on our part via vimeo that initiated this, it seemed to just start randomly.

Piotr Ch.

Piotr Ch.

Both. Facebook cuz of changing passwords or after auth expiry (a year). But also Facebook connection needed reauth.s without a reason regardless of the above mentioned.

Twitter. After reauth. lost the auth just the next day, reauthorized it again, same story, about three times (so I reauthorized it every day for three consecutive days) with no changes in my Twitter account. The third time my Twitter account needed to be reauthorized I gave up. It's such a drag.

All of these happen with rather little to no activity on Vimeo on my side.
Edit: The day after postin' this, my FB account needed 2 b reconnected.

Jämtfilm AB

Jämtfilm AB

Twitter got disconnected. Not sure why.
I do switch between my personal and production company twitter a lot though, but only one of them is connected to Vimeo.

matt wolfe [cc]

matt wolfe [cc] Plus

Both got disconnect. Happened numerous times, usually within an hour of being reconnected. I don't remember it happened after performing any action.

Now Twitter connects, but it doesn't post updates to my twitter feed.

I haven't reconnected my Facebook page.

Stonegate Fellowship

Stonegate Fellowship PRO

Our Facebook and Twitter were disconnected and says, "whoops, bla bla bla" when I try to reconnect them.

MikeA

MikeA Plus

Facebook, but I did not want it connected. I had to connect then disconnect to get rid of banner message.

I now do not seem to be able to play any videos, no play / pause / stop buttons, or any other controls, not even on my own videos.

Character D Films

Character D Films Plus

I can't seem to share my new video on facebook. No thumbnail is showing up. Old videos are working, but new ones are not.

Bill Cunningham

Bill Cunningham Plus

My Facebook reconnection still gets a Whoops - we are having problems with this page.

Mark

Mark Staff

Can you try making sure it's disconnected from both Vimeo and FB's end and then try re-connecting? Maybe with a different browser?

Bill Cunningham

Bill Cunningham Plus

Still getting this on Safari, Firefox and Chrome (MAC OSX)

Vimeo is not connected at facebook end

Technical Difficulties

Whoops! We are having some technical difficulties, please try again in a minute.

Newnan FUMC

Newnan FUMC Plus

I've been checking my connection to Facebook prior to uploading a video (it's usually fine) but once the video uploads I get a message that the connection has expired.

This conversation is missing your voice. Please join Vimeo or log in.