Derek Beck

Derek Beck Staff

Sorry, could you please be a little more specific on what is happening on your end? Are you having trouble with the settings page or are your auto-uploads just taking a really long time to get started?

Outline Productions

Outline Productions PRO

Hi, they just don't ever start. I have allowed Vimeo access to my whole dropbox, created a new folder in dropbox through Vimeo, and then set that folder to be my auto upload folder, it shows as green in the dropbox upload section. It has been an hour and a half for a 1 minute clip that is 16Mb in size.

Mark

Mark Staff

Have you tried removing the file and re-adding it?

Outline Productions

Outline Productions PRO

Yes. This isn't the answer I really would like. It seems that on the help forums this is often the solution given. This doesn't work.

Helge Hannisdal

Helge Hannisdal Plus

The dropbox integration does not work. i've struggled for months uploading 1000 videos. Support have not been able to fix the issue either.

Outline Productions

Outline Productions PRO

Can I also add this - the solution of removing the file and adding it again completely negates the whole idea of an auto upload. The only reason I can see for this process is to leave a file exporting and not have to wait for the finish. Happy in the knowledge that the video will be on Vimeo in a few hours. Stability is what we want! Here's a scenario.

Edit Assistant tells Editor (who is working late) to export using specific settings to dropbox.
This file is more than likely needed to view first thing in the morning by someone higher up than editor and edit assistant.
Editor does this perfectly.
Everyone goes to sleep believing that the file will be there in the morning.
It isn't.
Why? Because this doesn't work!

If you advertise something works people put their faith in it, and then it doesn't work, then people get annoyed.

You should entirely remove this feature until you have ironed out all the problems.

Zena Hirsch

Zena Hirsch Staff

Hi guys,

Some things to keep in mind when using the Dropbox auto-upload feature:

1. Vimeo will not upload videos that have file names identical to previously uploaded videos. It is important to name your files with a fully unique file name each time you would like to upload a video.

2. Before videos are uploaded, they are placed in a queue and must wait for the next processing period before they begin to upload. Usually this is a quick wait, but sometimes (perhaps when something is malfunctioning) the wait can take several hours. If this is happening to you, we'd like to investigate your account further.

Could you please confirm the following: (1) do the videos you are trying to upload have unique file names and (2) do they ever appear on your Vimeo account, even after a significant delay? If possible, please provide me with the date and time you placed your videos in your auto-upload folder, as well as the name(s) of some of the files you were attempting to upload.

We'll get to the bottom of this issue! Thanks for helping us investigate.

DJ Paine

DJ Paine Plus

Hey Vimeo team! my auto vimeo dropbox uploading has stopped working. i have reconnected everything and checked everything, but the auto uploading feature just won't stay "on" in my settings! help!

Mark

Mark Staff

The actual setting is being deactivated?

DJ Paine

DJ Paine Plus

Hi Mark, below are links to the screenshots.
i go to my settings > apps. and see the "Auto-upload from: No folder selected" is unchecked.
i check it and select the VIMEO folder.
it says it has saved the settings.
refresh the page: it is unchecked again???

Links: cl.ly/QWTC, cl.ly/QVnR, cl.ly/QWt1

DJ Paine

DJ Paine Plus

Hey Mark and Derek - any news on this??

Derek Beck

Derek Beck Staff

We are currently working on resolving this issue. Sorry for the trouble!

This conversation is missing your voice. Please join Vimeo or log in.