Matt Schwarz

Matt Schwarz Staff

Any video over 30fps gets evenly divided in half, which actually shouldn't cause any noticeable difference in playback. So a 50P and 60P video would be 25fps and 30fps respectively.

If you're having issues with playback please contact us: vimeo.com/help/contact

We may eventually support this, but there are no plans at the moment.

SiriNeos

SiriNeos Plus

I would like I would like 50p and 60p support at vimeo.

With my new XA20 I am recording, editing and exporting using '1080x1920 50p'.
i am in a new league because the image quality is awsome!
I said goodbye to the jerky 25p videos!

I would like vimeo supporting the new fps era, the 50p and 60p era!

When will we have it?

Matt Schwarz

Matt Schwarz Staff

Right now anything over 30fps gets evenly divided in half, which actually shouldn't cause any noticeable difference in playback. So a 50P and 60P video would be 25fps and 30fps respectively. If you're having issues with playback please contact us: vimeo.com/help/contact

Not saying we won't eventually support this, but there are no plans at the moment.

SiriNeos

SiriNeos Plus

I am asking for future vimeo requirements.

The video renderized by vimeo is correct, but it is a little jerky because of the 25p limitation.

You can see what I mean downloading the original file and playing back in your computer.

Thanks.

Assem Producties

Assem Producties Plus

+1 Please support 50P!

This year, I record everything in 50p and when putting it on Bluray and DVD in 50i it's perfect but for Vimeo, it's a little jerky in pans and zooms.

BmxReplay.Com

BmxReplay.Com Plus

Matt Schwarz wrote "Right now anything over 30fps gets evenly divided in half, which actually shouldn't cause any noticeable difference in playback"

I've been filming bmx racing at 1080p 50 and 60 fps for the past 3 years and the quality difference over 25 and 30 fps is so great it makes me wonder why its not happening here.

Matt Schwarz

Matt Schwarz Staff

You could try uploading it to Vimeo at 25fps or 30fps that way our system doesn't halve it – it may look better.

James Gallimore

James Gallimore Plus

+1 for 50/60p support, I went Vimeo Pro to upload my portfolio in 50p and the down conversion put the audio out of sync and made it look jumpy. Instead I uploaded via youtube and regret even upgrading - complete waste of money in my opinion.

Allen Carbon

Allen Carbon

If your 25fps films are jerky then you are doing it wrong. No amount of frames would change that.

SiriNeos

SiriNeos Plus

With 50 fps the motion is much more smoother. And with 100fps much more.
25fps is in the limit of a jerky sensation..TV is 50i because is smoother than 25p..

Deeragon Entertainment

Deeragon Entertainment Plus

50p or 60p is suitable for live events or shows, not fiction. And I'm not sure Vimeo is the right place to upload live events videos.

For fiction, learn to shoot progressive...no more jerky sensation if you know how to use your camera. A link for dummies : dvuser.co.uk/content.php?CID=208

spores

spores Plus

+1 for vimeo in 50 and 60 fps.
It's a real advantage, better than hd 1440...or more...
And a first step for a hd 720 50 fps, can be cool.

The Dutch Powder Alliance

The Dutch Powder Alliance Plus

Another +1 from us for allowing 50/60 fps playback on Vimeo.

We shoot pretty much all our stuff in either 720p at 60fps or 1080p at 60fps. It looks absolutely amazing and it's a real shame no video host allows 30+ frame rates. Vimeo could be the first in this new HFR area and with Directors such as Peter Jackson and James Cameron supporting 48/60 fps frame rates it should get a lot of attention. To avoid excessive bandwidth, it might be an idea to keep it limited to 720p at 60fps for now.

@Deeragon Entertainment,

HFR (48+fps) is an advantage for any shot with a lot of motion in it. Especially with (extreme) sports, it removes motion blurr and makes the motion much more fluent. Panning shots also looks a whole lot better when shot at these higher bitrates.

For a better explanation, check out this info posted by RED:
red.com/learn/red-101/high-frame-rate-video

Finally, we wouldn't mind having to pay an extra fee to allow 60fps playback.

James Gardiner

James Gardiner

I am known as the CineTechGeek, and cover technology in the cinema exhibition world..
HFR and Hobbit is doing very well, with a strong call for HFR upgrades to cinemas. (That is what happens when you sell out for cinemas with HFR Hobbit and upgrading at many as they can..)
So I expect HFR in cinema to explode in the next year or so.

So, not having support on VIMEO, the site known for film makers to show tests.. Well its very short sited. Better get on it guys.

Link: cinetechgeek.com

Konstantin

Konstantin Plus

Yes! please make 50p! It's so important for shape animation!
Youtube support 60p!

This conversation is missing your voice. Please join Vimeo or log in.