Matt Schwarz

Matt Schwarz Staff

We're looking into adding Chromecast support to our player. We cannot comment on ETAs, but we'll let folks in this thread know when there is an update.

Tommy Penner

Tommy Penner Staff

Hi all, posting "+1" does not move it up in our production queue or speed up development. Please only post if you have relevant information or constructive criticism to share. When we have updates to Chromecast development we'll post updates here, but in the meantime we have no new information to share. Thanks for your patience and understanding!

ZDVideoProductions

ZDVideoProductions Plus

Please think about adding support for Chromecast. It would make showing videos from Vimeo much easier on the client monitors instead of having to have a computer connected or using Roku.

kkovaq

kkovaq

They still thinking...

Pat Boberg

Pat Boberg

Waiting waiting waiting... Chromecast please and thank you

Lee EP

Lee EP

It's been awhile... any ETA on Chromecast support for Vimeo? July was an eternity ago! Thanks.

Matt Schwarz

Matt Schwarz Staff

It's something we're looking into, but we cannot provide ETAs on our feature launches.

Thomas Wilson

Thomas Wilson Plus

This is a big deal - I am starting to put my videos on Youtube rather than Vimeo so my elderly parents can see them on their HD-TV.

Leif

Leif

A huge +1 for this request.
But as far as I know Google is working slowly with partners to add them, others developer are not allowed to add it until the SDK is ready and published. There is a Cheomecast Hackathon in Mountain View on 7/8th December for the new SDK so I guess that the release will be very soon.

Rich Beach

Rich Beach Plus

I hate to say this, but I'm in the process of uploading all my work to YouTube too, so I can easily show it to people on a TV. I love the Chromecast, I just can't find much to watch on YouTube.
Glad you guys are looking into it. All I'd say, being a Google-nerd, is get ahead of the curve. Many more apps will come to Chromecast in 2014. We love you Vimeo; please love Chromecast too! :)

Jacob Ian Wall

Jacob Ian Wall

A bunch of apps just announced Chromecast support today, and I was disappointed when Vimeo wasn't on the list. I hope this is something you all add in soon.

Keith Hanlon

Keith Hanlon

Just bought a Chromecast. Hoping Vimeo support is coming soon!

Noah A

Noah A

It would be nice to have Chromecast support since I use Vimeo as much as Youtube.

Memories Unlimited Videos, Inc.

Memories Unlimited Videos, Inc. PRO

Why are we waiting so long for Chromecast to be an app? This is really sets Vimeo behind the scenes with other somewhat. I just received my Chromecast for Christmas and found out that Vimeo does not have an app for support. I just renewed my Vimeo subscription and I and not happy right now because Vimeo is not applying their resources and talents to develop this app for us, (the clients}. I believe that this should be a priority for us. Vimeo is awesome and is better then any others including you tube, please do not fall behind becoming a follower instead of the leader that you guys are.

Matt Schwarz

Matt Schwarz Staff

We're looking into this but we cannot say when/if it will happen.

Memories Unlimited Videos, Inc.

Memories Unlimited Videos, Inc. PRO

Hi Matt, looking into it and not doing it are two different things. Not to be smart about it but other alternatives are leaving you in the dust. Please make it sooner the later, please!

Mark Sacco

Mark Sacco

Just another vote to see it sooner rather than later ..... and yes, I'd rather NOT use YouTube ....

Sanne Buurma

Sanne Buurma

+1

It would be a welcome addition to my Vimeo experience. I'm keeping up to date with vimeo more when this support is there. Cast a browser tab, isn't cutting it performance-wise :)

Jonek

Jonek

+1 Vimeo would be such a great addition to my TV program as Internet is now my only source to feed my TV set.

Jake Boritt

Jake Boritt PRO

Yes - Vimeo + Chromecast would be a great combination. For full 1080x1920 image quality

Andreas Dantz

Andreas Dantz

Just got my Chromecast and am very surprised to see that support isn't implemented already.

Zebuk

Zebuk

Hmm... looks like it's been a while since you guys started to look into it. Just curious if there's any news. Would love to watch the great content on Vimeo, which is superior in quality to most everywhere on the net, on my TV where it seems to want to be. Chromecast is the best thing to do that so far in my opinion.

Matt Schwarz

Matt Schwarz Staff

Vimeo's goal is to be on as many devices as possible, and Chromecast is one we're looking into. Unfortunately we cannot provide ETAs for features.

Davide DB

Davide DB Plus

Vimeo's goal is to be on as many devices as possible with the worst performances...

What's the ratio behind this when the android app is the worst (and never updated) app on the market?

Morgan Gange

Morgan Gange

+1 on getting Chromecast support. I received a Chromecast this holiday season, and it very quickly became my preferred method for watching Youtube and Netflix at home - it's effectively replaced a much more expensive set-top box, and at $35 the price is right.

What I'm trying to say is that I think Chromecast is going to be huge, and being a big Vimeo fan I would really urge you guys to jump on the bandwagon as soon as possible.

Nick Menounos

Nick Menounos

+1 to everything that has been said above. This needs to happen yesterday.

SkyDroneStudios

SkyDroneStudios Plus

I have uploaded all my videos to youtube as well. Not being able to use chromecast with vimeo is very annoying, almost as annoying as using youtube...

Adam Curtis

Adam Curtis

I'm using a Chromecast in my classroom and being able to easily stream Vimeo would be INVALUABLE.

Thom Cru

Thom Cru

Vimeo worked on Chromcast (sorta) a week ago, but now nothing. Something change?

Andrés Arosemena ( A3 )

Andrés Arosemena ( A3 )

how did it work? Did the vimeo mobile app suddenly had the "cast" icon and you clicked it and the video started playing on your tv?

Thom Cru

Thom Cru

I was using my laptop. Opened up Chromcast while viewing Vimeo. It sent the video to my TV. Now, that won't work - error

Geert

Geert

Definitely! Vimeo would make the Chromecast even better!

Marvin

Marvin

I can't wait for this to be a thing.

Colin Dean

Colin Dean

Vimeo on my Chromecast would make watching the talks I enjoy on my computer so much easier to play and more engaging.

Carlos

Carlos

Vimeo & chromecast = perfect!

Scott Reedstrom

Scott Reedstrom

Another vote for. I was surprised to find it wasn't already there...

amigokin

amigokin

Any news? It's ridicolous that we are still waiting.

houdini65

houdini65

Add me to the list of the wait.

Zebuk

Zebuk

Is this ever going to happen?

Matt Schwarz

Matt Schwarz Staff

Excuses:

1) We've got a lot on our plate...always. There are other super cool things we need to attend to first.
2) The player has a deliberately lean set of features and this would need to be carefully integrated.
3) All development efforts take time, and as we mentioned, we're looking into it. Hopefully we can get it on our internal road map, but we don't provide ETAs.

amigokin

amigokin

I get that. But you are looking into this since july!

JUL. 29, 2013
Vimeo's VP of mobile, Nick Alt:

“We’re excited about the emerging opportunities bridging mobile to Connected TV and we look forward to offering Chromecast support in our products.”

gigaom.com/2013/07/29/chromecast-vimeo-redbox-instant-plex/

--

7 months to look into it without any ETA. Really?

Matt Schwarz

Matt Schwarz Staff

Sorry, but we don't provide ETAs for features, and we simply do not know when we'll get to unplanned projects. If there's an update on this, we'll be sure to let folks know.

Thom Cru

Thom Cru

Just heard yesterday that Google has opened up development on Chromecast. Hopefully it can now go on the roadmap. Hey, I'm a product manager - I know all about development timelines - but you've got quite a string of support going on here. Thanks.

phunkee

phunkee

Sincerely, would love to stream Vimeo content on my TV. I love the chromecast, as much as I love Vimeo. So let both be a good couple! That would be just super AWESOME!

Keith Bloemendaal

Keith Bloemendaal

Just got my Chromecast, after reading through this thread, as a content creator, I feel like Vimeo is, unfortunately, leaving it's customers with less viewers because of this.

Yesterday I was home working all day and put up a series of surfing videos from that other video channel, Chromecast integrated already, and played videos all day. I would have much rather watched the surf videos on Vimeo because the quality of videos is better here.

For those of you looking for a workaround, you can install the extension on Chrome: chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/google-cast/boadgeojelhgndaghljhdicfkmllpafd?hl=en and stream any tab. The only issue is, to watch a video in full screen that way on your tv, you can't do anything else on your computer to get it to show in full screen....

Please stop leaving your customers and clients in the dark Matt Schwartz. "Looking into it" and "working on it" are two completely different things.

Matt Schwarz

Matt Schwarz Staff

Hi Keith,

I've only ever mentioned in this thread that we're looking into it, and that's the case. We cannot say when a feature will be released, and only sometimes can say if we're even working on it.

The bottom line here is we like the idea, are looking into it, but can't provide further details.

Chris Shreve

Chris Shreve

Translation: "No Chromecast for YOU!"

This thread is a dumping ground for everyone who cares about getting Chromecast capability added. Rather than responding to the customers requests they are always "looking into it," well I'm not sure where they are looking but they MUST be lost by now.

John Duong

John Duong

Vimeo is great and it's a shame I can't use it with Chromecast!

Leif

Leif

As long as we don't have a real solution we could use this bookmarklet someone created. It's of course not as good as a native integration by Vimeo and just works from the computer, but it's at least better than the chrome tab sharing feature.

Link: dabble.me/cast

Kevin Loiselle

Kevin Loiselle

Would love to have Vimeo be able to cast. Keep me updated!

Shiply

Shiply PRO

+1 for Chromecast, definitely useful

Brian Fejer

Brian Fejer

Yes, I already use Chromecast a lot for Youtube, Hulu, and Google Play

Davide DB

Davide DB Plus

I just tried few minutes ago from my Nexus 7 with mobile and desktop vimeo site. No luck on my device.

seyffer

seyffer

Can you please provide an ETA for this feature, and say when it will be released? Haha jk. But I hope you guys get it rolling soon - I need me some Vimeo on my Chromecast!

Tommy Penner

Tommy Penner Staff

Hi all, posting "+1" does not move it up in our production queue or speed up development. Please only post if you have relevant information or constructive criticism to share. When we have updates to Chromecast development we'll post updates here, but in the meantime we have no new information to share. Thanks for your patience and understanding!

Zach Bagnall

Zach Bagnall

That dabble.me bookmarklet hack works really well. I can't over emphasise how nice it would be to have the "cast" icon inside the actual player instead of getting bounced to a 3rd party site.

Can't think of a more appealing feature but maybe the vimeo crew know better..

Team Backcountry

Team Backcountry

I was going to buy a Chromecast, but after reading this and finding out that it doesn't support Vimeo, it's not even worth the money... Looks like I'll just keeping watching Vimeo on my computer and ONLY computer!

Ian Solo

Ian Solo

I've tried the Chrome Beta flag to cast every HTML5 video on Chromecast.
Infortunately vimeo is the only site that works 1 time over 10 :/

Manuel Lajas

Manuel Lajas

+1 from a new european Chromecast user!

Backroads

Backroads PRO

@Tommy Penner: Constructive criticism in the most polite way I can think of: About two years ago, I wrote a post about how important it is that a Pro member be able to bulk edit their videos and video settings. Robotic Apple-like response, "we do not comment on blah blah blah..." And "We are looking into it" and still today if i want to delete 50 videos i need to type a delete password for each video. So "looking in to it" has been going on so long now with not a peep from my vendor. This is like a relationship... I invest something & i want to be aware of the roadmap and what to expect in the future. There's a feature I need and/or want, i want to know more than, "yeah, maybe, who knows. We'll be in touch".
Just charge more for a "pro" account and hire some more software engineers. Maybe hire a PR pro to make your users feel special instead of "you get what you get".
So, +1 to the chromecast dream. Even if it means nothing to you. It means a lot to us.

Tommy Penner

Tommy Penner Staff

Thank you for the feedback. Indeed we have plans in motion for a mass video manager, but we have a policy of not providing release dates for upcoming features.

Davide DB

Davide DB Plus

@Tommy Penner: "Please only post if you have relevant information or constructive criticism to share"

Relevant information from your customer? Are you joking? You are Vimeo and relevant info on a new product come from you!
Did you study PR at Mouseton university?

And please do not blame me of non constructive criticism. In two years I never saw a problem solved except when the customer forgot to plug in the computer.
"We are looking into it" it's the most common reply.

Tommy Penner

Tommy Penner Staff

Thanks Davide. As we have said before, we are looking into launching Chromecast compatibility, but there is no ETA for release. As you have pointed out before, we have a very wide range of apps on a number of devices which admittedly could use some work in some areas. However, we're moving towards a more focused approach with our apps, so that we can develop and provide a high quality user experience on select hardware. This type of work takes time, and we appreciate patience and understanding while we work on providing these experiences.

Douglas Nabors

Douglas Nabors

Thanks for being communicative about this. We're all looking forward to chromecast support. Glad you guys are working on it. I'm fine with not knowing when, as long as I know if. It truly will change the way I use the service, for the better.

miguel hilario

miguel hilario

So, apparently, an increasing number of subscriber requests will not speed up chromecast compatibility development.

What would this section's raison d'être be then?

Rob Engle

Rob Engle

From looking through this thread it seems that many have indicated a desire to see Vimeo on Chromecast. Perhaps I am being a bit quixotic but... add my voice to the choir.

Shmidt, Robert

Shmidt, Robert

as the VIMEO guys seem to be occupied with other (more important?!?) stuff:
...in the meantime - at least for ChromeBrowsers?! - you can try this one:
dabble.me/cast

but seriously: WE NEED IT FOR MOBILEs (i.e. Android!) ... now... ;-)

Dave Lambert

Dave Lambert

Thanks for that VidCast tool, Robert. I wasn't aware of it. It's a nice work-around.

AliaMori.Com

AliaMori.Com PRO

this is not a nice work around. It only works from computers and not for mobile phone. Vimeol claiming that this is a good workaround takes the responsibility off of their shoulders for a good chromecast integration. please respond to your customer needs. Pls notice no long this thread is.

Dave Lambert

Dave Lambert

8 months ago you guys at Vimeo started a conversation called, "we're looking into supporting Chromecast." As others have said, people high up in the company made it sound like it was a sure thing ( bit.ly/1lmZ1nt ). And of course this conversation HAD to be started, because a number of highly visible competitors - including the REALLY big one - already support Chromecast. So you got us excited about the possibility of support.

Now you're upset because we're excited about it. Now you're saying "hold up; it's only on our to-do list. We've got bigger fish to fry first." Sure, okay. We get that. But don't be disappointed when we get disappointed at you. In the meantime, you might be losing customers. Including those who never said a word here (and didn't even know how to find "here"); they just went another way and left Vimeo behind, because the customer needs (or just wants) something that supports Chromecast now (not at some undetermined point in the future).

Dave Lambert

Dave Lambert

One other thing: VUDU went from posting at their blog on March 2, 2014, that they were going to support Chromecast, to implementing it late last week. They did it in under a month. I assume they did it on their own, with no support from Google, because Google/Chromecast announced yesterday new applications supported the product: apps like Crackle and RDio. But they didn't mention VUDU, so the big team probably didn't help VUDU at all. They just did it. With that in mind, it looks a lot like it doesn't take all that much to integrate Chromecast support into an app. Yet you guys have been talking about it for a while now. That's not making you look very good. Just sayin'.

Shmidt, Robert

Shmidt, Robert

As VIMEO staff is still busy with providing working Apps for Amazon Fire Set-top boxes ... ;-)
I search a bit more:
beside the vidcast for Laptops/Browsers, I have found this app for Android phones:
play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.showyou.android&hl=de
It seems to be able to cast also your vimeo vids (and also videos from like ALL video and news pages you like...)

Dave Lambert

Dave Lambert

>I have found this app for Android phones:

Oh, wow, Robert. Thanks for this. I'm not an Android guy, but apparently there's a version of the same item for my iPhone as well:

itunes.apple.com/us/app/id422698201?mt=8

Free app? Downloading it now. Appreciate it! :)

Shmidt, Robert

Shmidt, Robert

but before the VIMEO guys get too lazy, due to some alternatives:
WE STILL NEED A DEDICATED VIMEO app, with chromecast support included!

because also 'Showyou' is not really the final solution for mobiles.
There is barely any useful filter possibility (e.g. just listing my likes or channels)...

So - VIMEO - since opening this thread 8 (eight!!!) months ago like nothing happened?
Can't you give us a status update or realistc forecast?
Or at least tell us, what your 'App developers' are working on?
Google TV App? Amazon Fire App? Samsung SmartTV App?!?!?
Anything?!?!

Tommy Penner

Tommy Penner Staff

Hi Robert, we don't comment on upcoming or potential future projects, but we do have major plans for our mobile and connected device apps coming.

Kumar Aatish

Kumar Aatish

The whole google ecosystem is not a priority for Vimeo. The android app has not improved since ages and I'm positive Vimeo does not see non-Apple customers as its user base. I don't understand why people are getting excited about chromecast wrt vimeo.

Chris Case

Chris Case Plus

+1 I'd like to see it on Chromecast as well. Connected TVs are the way videos will be watched more and more as time progresses. Most of what I watch on a conventional television is YouTube; but I'd love to have the option for a better Vimeo Android app and integration into Chromecast too.

greenboyroy

greenboyroy

BIG +1 for this. I also hope that On Demand content is included in the ability to cast, too. I really missed this feature from AppleTV but can understand it's omission. Seeing On Demand available on Fire TV makes me optimistic that it is possible in an Android ecosystem.

Keep up the good work, guys!

Ricardo Martins

Ricardo Martins

Please, add support to Chromecast. While you are at it, redo the whole app for Android as well. Thanks a lot. =)

Chris Shreve

Chris Shreve

You rolled out several updates today, I see, including support for another streaming device that IS NOT Chromecast. Amazon Fire is great and all, for the people that have it, but Chromecast is clearly something people are asking for - and have been for 2/3 of a year now. What is the delay in getting this added?

I had the impression (from all the STAFF comments on this thread) that it was being held off until the release of a big update. Well it seems as if that update just happened and Chromecast got left out to dry.

If this is contractual, and Amazon or Apple is paying you to not develop Chromecasting, I'd rather you tell us so we can stop waiting for a feature that won't happen.

There is a developers guide for Google Cast, if that's what has been holding you up. I'd really rather have a usable temporary solution than just not be able to share any Vimeo videos on a big screen.

Link: developers.google.com/cast/docs/developers

Joe K

Joe K

Chris Shreve exactly articulated what I wanted to say. I just got an email from Vimeo saying that Amazon Fire TV is supported. I'm surprised that Fire TV is being supported while Chromecast has been out for months now.

Neill

Neill

Amazon Prime doesn't support Chromecast, either, by design, since they're competitors.

Has Amazon influenced Vimeo's decision to add support for their product first, i.e. as in paying licensing or royalty fees? You decide, I know I have.

I have Nexus and Chrome devices, by design. Kindergarten marketing tactics are demeaning to the end user.

Vimeo should have required Amazon to pay for both code streams. You gave them everything and they provided nothing in return, at least not as far as I'm concerned.

Thanks for all the fish.

Chris Shreve

Chris Shreve

I think I figured out what's happening here after some digging.

Vimeo is owned by IAC/InterActiveCorp, who bought them way back in 2006. A year prior, in 2005, IAC also bought Ask.com and since then "has significantly increased its focus - and spending - on its information searching and online advertising businesses."

In other words, the biggest competition for IAC would be Google, the king of search and advertising.

Not that supporting Chromecast does anything but get Vimeo as a brand out there, on more screens and in more homes, but alas it seems that this time the corporation is king and that means we all suffer for it.

So I'm sorry fellow Vimeans and Chromecasters, it seems as if our two worlds may never intersect.

Link: wikinvest.com/stock/IAC_-_InterActiveCorp_(IACI)
iac.com/about/history
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vimeo

Chris Shreve

Chris Shreve

Your sarcasm is appreciated Tommy, though not as much as an actual answer would be!

darkenergymedia

darkenergymedia Plus

this is an answer that really makes sense. and explains why vimeo has been entirely unable to make this happen. time to find another solution.

Neill

Neill

Shite, really? I just shite myself.

Looks Like This

Looks Like This

With Chromecast finally launching in Australia I ran out and grabbed one straight away. Silly me for assuming one of the biggest video streaming sites would have native support. Obviously it's a google product built for youtube, I get that, but it's still a little disappointing.

Adding my voice to the many dismayed users in this thread. I hope that the situation changes soon.

Guillermo

Guillermo

+1. I post whatever I want. Thanks

Chris Shreve

Chris Shreve

So, guys...anything? Seems like we're falling on deaf ears over here.

Tommy Penner

Tommy Penner Staff

It's on our project roadmap, but we don't comment on dates for feature releases, sorry.

Pierre Henri

Pierre Henri Plus

Hey guys;
10 months of 'on our radar, but not commenting on ETA' is starting to feel like a slap in the face; or at the very least a lack of attention for a feature apparently many of us deeply care about;

In the sense that without visibility, many of us have to start uploading videos on Youtube again, since Chromecasts are becoming more & more prevalent in tech-oriented crowds (that overlap directly with your paying users).

& telling us that sharing our opinion won't impact your priority queue sounds like a bad idea; if a feature is massively requested, it *should* impact its priority.

Please stop keeping us in the dark & stop sending us in droves over YouTube.

swankFoto

swankFoto

I've got an HTC ONE M8 and a Samsung Galaxy SIII and the Play Store says it's incompatible on both. WTF?

Tom Deluca

Tom Deluca

I'm rarely compelled to comment about issues like this, but when Joss Whedon's "In Your Eyes" was made available to stream on Vimeo, I passed on renting it (and still haven't seen it) because I couldn't watch it on my Chromecast. Now with the Aaron Schwartz documentary becoming available in a few days, I'm *still* disappointed there hasn't been any visible movement on adding Chromecast compatibility. In fact, I am *actively upset* that this is still the case even though Amazon Fire TV support has been added in the meantime. Since Vudu will also have the documentary available for rent, and they have Chromecast support, I will be using that service to watch it on the 27th.

I can't stress enough how the Chromecast has transformed how I consume online content, and I don't think I'm alone. There's a lot on Vimeo that I would like to watch from my couch. Please add support for the Chromecast, guys.

Chris Shreve

Chris Shreve

Another day, another email about new Vimeo features that doesn't include Chromecast.

amigokin

amigokin

Amazing that we are still waiting for chromecast support. And they way the staff is handling this request is at least disrespectful.

Chris Harper

Chris Harper

The sad thing about this is - that you can stream Vimeo content to Chromecast from Android using things like "web video caster" no problem - even content that is purchased seems like it works perfectly... so it's not like there is some kind of technical limitation preventing support...

Neill

Neill

It's a competitive thing, and the end use is suffering as a result.

Thanks for all the fish!

Blask Video

Blask Video Plus

Yes. I do actually feel kind of silly paying for a 'pro' service which doesn't have chromecast. I've been feeling like going back to youtube (if only for the ads). Get your act together Vimeo. I've always pushed others onto vimeo, but with so few apps and add ons compared to youtube, I'm not hesitating to recommend.

Moritz Reichartz

Moritz Reichartz Plus

sorry. i appreceate your work and effort. but i cant keep myself from saying +1 chromecasting the couchmode to my livingroom projector would simply be amazing!

Leza Taylor

Leza Taylor

Just give them what they want it that too hard? Chromecast customer service. Customer appreciation or is that not apart of business these days

swankFoto

swankFoto

Here you go...
developers.google.com/cast/docs/android_sender

Now get on it!
You're already h.264 so what's the issue?
Your videos are already available at easily settable URLs such as the following (may not work for those browsing this forum as they have a sessionid and token affixed to it but it worked for me as it's my session/token):
avvimeo-a.akamaihd.net/71019/863/99302482.mp4?token2=1407275038_364129e3a2794ac37c607c9ac136481a&aksessionid=ae57b66848e818f9&ns=4

Seriously, this can be developed in a weekend by one guy.
MediaInfo mediaInfo = new MediaInfo.Builder(
"your.server.com/video.mp4";)
.setContentType("video/mp4")
.setStreamType(MediaInfo.STREAM_TYPE_BUFFERED)
.setMetadata(mediaMetadata)
.build();

Get with it already.

Link: developers.google.com/cast/docs/android_sender

Sulabh Bista

Sulabh Bista

Do you guys really don't care at all? Listen to your users. Can you not see we want Chromecast support?

David Safanda

David Safanda Plus

Nothing about a "Pro" Vimeo account feels professional when there is this little support for an up to date Android app that includes Chromecast. Take that as simply an honest customer reaction to your service.

amigokin

amigokin

Still waiting for chromecast support. Unbelievable.

Chris Shreve

Chris Shreve

With a BIG update coming tonight, don't expect Vimeo to address any of our concerns. Just be prepared for another round of disappointment.

Developer guide included in case somebody decides to put the 10 minutes into coding this feature

Link: developers.google.com/cast/docs/developers

Josh Cook

Josh Cook Plus

Like many on this thread - I'm a paying member of Vimeo for professional purposes. If I put my videos on youtube then it's nice and easy for clients with Chromecasts to see - including myself. This should be a big priority for you and instead this thread starts with a note stating that we should be patient and pipe down. When we all run to your competitors so that we can show our videos, you certainly won't be hearing from us.

PodiumTVnl

PodiumTVnl PRO

In the Netherlands Cromecast is also starting to get a (big) hit. And we as starting Television Channel did choose for Vimeo (in stead of YouTube) because of the quality.
So as Vimeo Pro User, please add chromecast support. Even JW Player does have a beta version with the support!

Dave Lambert

Dave Lambert

Almost 14 months now since it was reported ( bit.ly/1lmZ1nt ) that "Vimeo is keen to get involved with Google’s new offering," via "comments from the video streaming site’s VP of mobile, Nick Alt, who said, 'We’re excited about the emerging opportunities bridging mobile to Connected TV and we look forward to offering Chromecast support in our products.' " STILL no Chromecast support.

I wonder if those journalists are embarrassed because they took you guys at your word, and reported in good faith that Vimeo was among the companies that would "lead the charge" for support of this new (at the time) device, and more than a year later Vimeo support for Chromecast is just vaporware.

Remco Hekker

Remco Hekker PRO

I've been reading this thread to find out if Chromecast will be here anytime soon. Because by now it is obvious that a big part of the vimeo community (including myself) would really like to see it comming.,

Let me say that I just don't believe that vimeo staff is "simply ignoring" it's users. There is nothing to gain from that. There must be a very good reason why it's not jet implemented and I think it has to do with the amount of available manpower vs the amount of new features and the growing user numbers. It is the only thing that makes sense.
I for one would rather see a well implemented feature that adds to the functionality of the site than some quick and dirty button that cuts of the first 15seconds of every video.

Having said that, the latest staff contribution 3 months ago wrote that it now is on the roadmap. Something they have not said in the entire year before. So I will be watching my email closely and hope it has gotten some sort of priority.

Trent McNair

Trent McNair

Well, this is disheartening. Doesn't look like Vimeo has the same vision the rest of us do. Not sure what feature would be more important than this over the course of a year.

Taestudio

Taestudio Plus

Not Yet?
Vimeo Staffs, please show us something...

ianrich511

ianrich511

You "Staff" members have yet to post anything beyond evasion on this subject. Goodbye Chromecast. Hello Apple TV. Goodbye Vimeo. Hello again, Youtube.

This conversation is missing your voice. Please join Vimeo or log in.