Discord C

Discord C

After reading the most recent thread on the search issue on vimeo for mozilla firefox/seamonkey and chrome, the solution? to this problem seems to be that we have to unblock google analytics dot com in our privacy protections, the whole point of blocking google analytics is to PROTECT OUR PRIVACY. google analytics is used to track out brows and search history for marketing and ad tracking, they do this WITH OUT OUR CONSENT, i don't know if vimeo is being pressured by google or is aligning itself with the google corporation, but vimeo is currently the ONLY website/service/community to require the allowing of a known brows/search tracking site, if the only solution to the search issues on vimeo, is to force us to allow google ad tracking and search/brows history tracking to use vimeo search feature, then i deem vimeo a serious privacy risk, and this is WRONG and UNCONSTITUTIONAL to allow this. Google is currently being sued for what is being charged as a violation of email privacy.

Link: vimeo.com/forums/help/topic:107254

Discord C

Discord C

There is NO LOGICAL REASON for vimeo to require google analytics to have a properly working search feature.
I also noticed all threads and topics relating to the search issues, have been locked, specially when the topic of google analytics and brows/search history tracking comes upi do hope vimeo isn't silencing this issue and preventing the vimeo community from discussing it and adding their input ,due to the controversial nature of this issue.

Discord C

Discord C

another reason to block google analytics is to pritect it's competitors, by allowing google analytics, you vimeo are allowing your biggest competitor to track your users searches, is this what you really want vimeo?

Mark

Mark Staff

If you do not wish to allow GA to run, then you cannot use Vimeo search. There are no current plans to change how our search mechanism works. Sorry!

If you have any further questions, please email us vimeo.com/help/contact

Andrew Tate

Andrew Tate Staff

This issue is now resolved, and allowing GA to search on Vimeo.com is no longer necessary.

This conversation is missing your voice. Please join Vimeo or log in.