MINDRIOT PRODUCTIONS

MINDRIOT PRODUCTIONS PRO

Just wondering if any Vimeo users have had this or reported this. I recently added a video of mine to vimeo since then its been a fewed a few times. Over the weekend however this one single video has been viewed in India over 400+ times. None of my other videos stats show the same issue and all the views have been from this one location.
Is my video really popular all of a suddent (I doubt it)
Or is this some kind of Spam in action / someone trying to copy the video.

I'm concerned a bit by this.
Can anyone help?

Mark

Mark Staff

Can you link me to the video?

MINDRIOT PRODUCTIONS

MINDRIOT PRODUCTIONS PRO

vimeo.com/73714448
here Mark
I have contacting video help also and I have changed my embed privacy setting to selected domains such as my website and twitter. Which seems to a have worked in stopping the rapidly high viewing figures in the morning. It's as if they were watching it on repeat. During the time it took me to first e mail your help desk, the views jumped from 207 views to around 230. With your tracking of websites who use the embeded videos the website showed up as trackfleet.biz and trinity inc. (who both and the same business address in India.) As said by changing the privacy settings on that this one video seems to have halted them viewing it, stealling it or what ever they were doing.

Link: vimeo.com/73714448

Mark

Mark Staff

Hmm. This appears to be legit, more or less. Unfortuantley there's no way to tell exactly what was going on, but when your video is available to be played or embedded anywhere, something like that is probably bound to happen.

Mark

Mark Staff

The internet works in mysterious ways.

MINDRIOT PRODUCTIONS

MINDRIOT PRODUCTIONS PRO

I can only find the trailer for it but recently a current affiars programme in the UK reported on fake fans, and abuse on facebook. Covering problem issues of buying fake likes, views and followers. The filmmaker traced PR companies based in the UK and India behind these scams
youtube.com/watch?v=jer2HH8HHfQ

This conversation is missing your voice. Please join Vimeo or log in.