Mikey Perry

Mikey Perry Staff

The message you are seeing indicates that your video has failed to convert successfully. Usually, failed conversions are caused by errors contained within the video file itself. These errors are not always evident in your file before uploading to Vimeo, but can still cause the conversion to fail once it reaches our servers.

It is possible that these errors may have occurred during the upload process. We recommend trying to re-upload your video. If possible, first hardwire your computer to the Internet using Ethernet, and use one of our recommended browsers: vimeo.com/s/tbw

If the same error message occurs, or if you've already tried unsuccessfully to upload this file more than once, then there may be an issue with the compression of your original source file. If that's the case, try re-compressing your video from whichever program you used to create it, then uploading this new version to Vimeo. If possible, re-compress your file following Vimeo's Compression Guidelines: vimeo.com/help/compression

Van Shea Iven

Van Shea Iven Plus

I've uploaded it three times - here's the final one that has the Uh Oh message as well. I've never gotten this before and do all the videos the same. I also see where everyone else is having problems with this so I doubt it's on our end.

vimeo.com/75696814

Link: vimeo.com/75696814

Daniel Kay

Daniel Kay PRO

I am having the same issue tonight. Tried to upload twice - using Premiere Pro h.264 setting for Vimeo at 1280by 720 using Safari 6.5. Problem not at my end. If it helps to figure it out the preview screen seems to be compressed to a 4x3 aspect ratio even though the video shot, edited and transcoded at 16x9. Plays fine on Quicktime at 16x9 as well. Will start my own conversation on this one as seems it needs attention. Thanks. I am having the same issue tonight. Tried to upload twice - using Premiere Pro h.264 setting for Vimeo at 1280by 720 using Safari 6.5. Problem not at my end. If it helps to figure it out the preview screen seems to be compressed to a 4x3 aspect ratio even though the video shot, edited and transcoded at 16x9. Plays fine on Quicktime at 16x9 as well. Will start my own conversation on this one as seems it needs attention. Thanks.

Erick R

Erick R

I've used Windows Live Movie Maker to upload before, and this time I followed the recommended settings with H.264 codec and recommended resolution, frame rate, bit rate, etc, but I've uploaded this video twice...and it still gets the "Uh oh" message after it processes.

vimeo.com/75696212

Can you help?

Link: vimeo.com/75696212

Van Shea Iven

Van Shea Iven Plus

Changed all of my settings from the first 314 videos that uploaded fine and tried to upload this one for the 4th time. Now it's stuck on "Upload Complete ! Conversion will begin shortly. Way past my deadline for this video...please help.

vimeo.com/75716973

Link: vimeo.com/75716973

THE ONE((1))MAN EXPERIENCE

THE ONE((1))MAN EXPERIENCE Plus

I am having the same problem with my video. I have uploaded twice using the recommended settings for Windows Live Movie Maker. I am a plus member and have been using the same settings and Windows Movie Maker for over a year now and I have never had these upload issues. Please help as I really need this fixed for my project deadline.

Link: vimeo.com/75705049

Daniel Kay

Daniel Kay PRO

Tried to upload twice, several hours ago and again just about an hour ago - using Premiere Pro h.264 setting for Vimeo at 1280by 720 using Safari 6.05. Problem not at my end. If it helps to figure it out the preview screen seems to be compressed to a 4x3 aspect ratio even though the video shot, edited and transcoded at 16x9. Plays fine on Quicktime at 16x9 as well. Will start my own conversation on this one as seems it needs attention. Thanks. I am having the same issue tonight. Tried to upload twice - using Premiere Pro h.264 setting for Vimeo at 1280by 720 using Safari 6.5. Problem not at my end. If it helps to figure it out the preview screen seems to be compressed to a 4x3 aspect ratio even though the video shot, edited and transcoded at 16x9. Plays fine on Quicktime at 16x9 as well. Used this exact same upload method over the past year or so without difficulty so might be a problem today - Grateful if folks on your end would take a look.

Daniel Kay

Daniel Kay PRO

Sorry - one comment forgot to add in previous message. Might be a good idea to have an "updates" page or log for customers to check if there are issues on a given day. It's ok to have issues from time to time but good if customers can find out about them early and get on with other things rather than making several attempts at unsuccessful uploads. Appreciate that folks on your end are working on this.

Joel Burford

Joel Burford Plus

I'm having strange Uh Oh problems too. Uh Oh!!! (but seriously, what;s up?)

Derek Beck

Derek Beck Staff

We are currently working on recovering your videos. We will update you shortly. Thank you!

Marlee MacLeod

Marlee MacLeod Plus

Same problem here. Compression settings are fine, but just to be sure I tried compressing with other applications as well. Have uploaded three times at the link below, and even tried starting over with a completely new upload. Nothing works.

vimeo.com/75705956

Marlee MacLeod

Marlee MacLeod Plus

Also, video won't play anywhere -- Mac, PC, iPad, iPhone -- but I can download the entire file and play it, no problem.

Forageplus

Forageplus Plus

I am losing the will to live, having same issues as of above, have messaged help team, never had problems before and uploading in same way as ever. Have reload 3 times, plus recompressed video on iMovie. Just being a pain in the arse! About to move over to You Tube, shock horror. PS I am a vimeo plus member.

Link: vimeo.com/80176020

Zena Hirsch

Zena Hirsch Staff

The users above were caught up in a conversion issue that occurred over a month ago. It is not related to your current issue, but I'd be happy to help you out with the problem you're experiencing!

Please send a note via email using the form at vimeo.com/help/contact. Please include a detailed description of the issue you are experiencing, along with links to any relevant videos. We'll be able to troubleshoot in greater detail that way.

Please write "Assign to Zena" at the top of the case, so I can handle it personally.

Thank you for reaching out, and hope to be in touch shortly.

This conversation is missing your voice. Please join Vimeo or log in.