Steven Loring

Steven Loring PRO

Started this 3GB upload >13 hours ago, and it seems to get only to 50 to 60% complete, then starts uploading all over from the beginning. I've witnessed t happening now three times, and it may have happened more overnight. No error messages are shown. No input is requested, Nothing seems amiss, except that, without disturbing the page or upload progress in any way, the file doesn't ever compete. (BTW, I've compressed and uploaded hundreds of videos the same way over the past 3 years, without seeing this issue before.) Any help?????

Link: vimeo.com/77383752

Steven Loring

Steven Loring PRO

Yes, certainly, I've been compressing using Apple Compressor to your exact specs for all 400 uploaded MOVs these past three years.

In fact, this very video file was uploaded for another client last week without any issues at all.

Derek Beck

Derek Beck Staff

Could you try re-uploading? I went ahead and reset your quota.

Steven Loring

Steven Loring PRO

Okay, I cancelled it (it was at 28% this time through) and re-initiated the upload.

I hadn't seen any quota warning, and this was my first file upload of the week.

But happy to restart and see what happens. It will take a few hours to see if all is well, as I'm uploading over DSL....

Steven Loring

Steven Loring PRO

Okay, it only took 10 hours, but the upload seems to have worked this time.

So what was it, just a random bug in the uploader that caused the transfer to repeatedly fail until you reset the quota (which hadn't been used at all this week)?

Anyhow, thanks!

Mark

Mark Staff

Not really sure, sometimes things can get a little wonky. I'll pass the case along to a developer so they can try to dig for clues.

This conversation is missing your voice. Please join Vimeo or log in.