Adrian Smith

Adrian Smith PRO

I have to upload a series of nine short videos. It's the middle of the night on a Saturday so I can't believe the Vimeo servers are that busy. Anyone else watching the circle spin (and growling)

Derek Beck

Derek Beck Staff

Could you please link me to the videos you are having trouble with?

Mad Anth'm Productions

Mad Anth'm Productions Plus

YES! Driving us crazy. Got a trailer for a feature film that everyone is expecting at 6PM for launch, and conversion will begin shortly has been on the screen for an hour so far!!!

Derek Beck

Derek Beck Staff

Derek Beck

Derek Beck Staff

Derek Beck

Derek Beck Staff

Segerberg Media

Segerberg Media PRO

They started to work after.. "a while". I hope you realize the gravity of not been able to show the production in time. Often on very tight deadlines this can be catastrophic for the whole production.
Are our expectations too high? I´ve been a "Vimeoer" for some years and seen you go from a simple useful tool that works good to a complex gadgetfunctionflaschy-packed service where the original tool doesent work very well. That been showing videos to others.

Derek Beck

Derek Beck Staff

It looks like that video successfully converted. Cheers!

Earl Keese

Earl Keese Plus

Most of my videos are only 3-5 minutes, but always take forever to upload (at least 9 hours). Also, I have never been able to upload 5 at once. One by one they abort with that red 'OOPS' message. I can start with 5, & if I'm lucky, 2 might make it to the end. Even so, it takes all day & half the night.

It seems to upload 2 at a time okay, but awfully slow. Does anyone else have this problem? It is really cheesing me off.

Mark

Mark Staff

This is entirely dependent on your ISP, and unfortunately there's nothing we can do about this. Sorry Earl!

Earl Keese

Earl Keese Plus

I have just been on the phone to my ISP re. the slow uploads. They resynchronized my modem & checked my connections & signals, which all checked out okay. Uploading to Vimeo is still very slow. My ISP said my Vimeo software may be corrupt for some reason & they suggested that I uninstall & reinstall the software. Can I do this without losing all of my saved videos? Also, as I am on 'PLUS', can my arrangement re. my monthly bank deductions carry on without having to start from scratch & reapply (assuming I uninstall/reinstall)? What would you advise? Thank you.

Mark

Mark Staff

You cannot uninstall and reinstall Vimeo, as it's a website and not an application. I'm sincerely not sure as to why you're getting slow playback, as we have not received any other reports of this but we'll keep an eye on it.

Mark

Mark Staff

I'm going to try and send this back through our transcoders right now.

e a t u s a l i v e °

e a t u s a l i v e ° Plus

Hey Mark, I've refreshed the video page, but it's still stuck preparing to convert it. Any ideas why this is happening?

Late edit: This now appears to be converting, will keep you posted.

Alex Dao

Alex Dao Staff

Sorry for the delays, this video is all set now!

Alex Dao

Alex Dao Staff

I'm giving this a push, it should be up soon!

Gale Roberts

Gale Roberts Plus

Alex

Would you PLEASE give my processing a puch too

Gale Roberts

William Tessier

William Tessier PRO

My video has been saying that it's waiting to convert for about 9 hours. Why? How can I avoid this in the future. I have deadlines each week I need to meet to deliver my product. I joined Pro so that I wouldn't have to wait for the upload and conversion. Is Pro malfunctioning?
Here's the vid in question: vimeo.com/78675649

Link: vimeo.com/78675649

Gale Roberts

Gale Roberts Plus

Derek,

Would you please help in getting my videos processed

Gale Roberts

Derek Beck

Derek Beck Staff

Your video's dimensions must be at least 1280x720 in order to be HD. Your original video file is 640x360. Sorry about that!

Nick Foxall

Nick Foxall Plus

Thanks Derek, but.. urgh!! That must be something in OSX that is down-rezing my file before upload, because its definitely a 720p file. Do you know how to change the sharing settings in OSX (Mavericks) so it doesn't do this? Or, do I have to user another upload method to avoid this?

Nick Foxall

Nick Foxall Plus

No, I don't think you understand. I am exporting the file as 720p, according to Vimeo specs, bit rates ,etc. but in OSX, instead of uploading through the browser (or FTP, or Dropbox) there's the option of uploading direct from the Finder.

You right click on the file (which is already a 720p .m4v file) and choose "Share >" there are options to share to Facebook, Twitter, Youtube, etc but there's also an option to "Share > Vimeo" (you have to enter your Vimeo login details in System Preferences).

I've used this before and the upload works fine: it uploads an HD file as-is, and often it's a lot faster than uploading via a browser. BUT, now it appears OSX is down-rezing the file to 640 BEFORE uploading it to Vimeo. I think this a bug in the new OSX Mavericks, because it didn't do this before, and uploads from the Finder would maintain the original file's resolution.

You might want to take this up with Apple.

Tommy Penner

Tommy Penner Staff

Thanks for the heads up Nick, I'll give our developers a heads up!

Gale Roberts

Gale Roberts Plus

Tommy,

Would you please see what you can do to help get my videos processed ASAP

Gale Roberts

Roland Denning

Roland Denning Plus

Nick - have you checked when you Right Click your file that the 'encode' settings (bottom of the window when you right click) are set to 720p? Just a thought, and apologies if you've been there already.

De Alma e Coração

De Alma e Coração Plus

i there, i'm with exact same problem, when share from OSX Mavericks.
my file is a 1080p and when it shares to vimeo, it appears only as SD (360p).
if i upload via vimeo page everything is ok.
still no solution on sight for the OSX problem?

PVCICS Family Association

PVCICS Family Association Plus

My video is taking hours and hours to upload. Is there a tool where I can at least see the progress or learn whether it has failed and I should start again? I thought there was such a tool but now I don't see it. vimeo.com/79430216

Mark

Mark Staff

If your video was uploading, you'd see a progress bar on the upload page that indicates how it's doing. I'm presuming this video has failed, since it's been nearly a day.

Gale Roberts

Gale Roberts Plus

Mark,

Would you please see what you can do to help get my videos processed ASAP

Gale Roberts

Mark Doyle

Mark Doyle Plus

Same problem. Shows at 50%, grindingly slow after that, one got up to 70% (have tried last night 4 times and today once)and then notification says
"The share operation Vimeo has failed. Publishing to Vimeo has failed. The internet connection appears to be offline."

NCTV17

NCTV17 Plus

Having a bit of trouble getting this video to start converting. Others today have gone through just fine.

vimeo.com/79824314

NCTV17

NCTV17 Plus

Thank you, I see it converting now. Anything I should look out for or do in the future for other uploads? Appreciate the help!

Terri Walsh

Terri Walsh PRO

me too. takes forever, what's happened? it used to be be so quick.....

Alex Forcillo

Alex Forcillo

I've had a 3.5 minute video stuck on "your video will convert momentarily" for about an hour, this hasn't happened to me before even though I'm a lowly little basic user. Can anyone shed some light on this?

Link: vimeo.com/79822313

Derek Beck

Derek Beck Staff

Sorry about that! I gave your video a push to convert.

Zigoo

Zigoo PRO

Thanks Derek. It looks like any enhancements have been removed. Is the enhancer not working?

Derek Beck

Derek Beck Staff

It looks like your video has uploaded successfully.

Derek Beck

Derek Beck Staff

Irish International

Irish International PRO

HD video is still uploading as SD when using the Mavericks Share option. has there been any movement on this?

Mark

Mark Staff

Sorry about that, i'm working on this right now.

Mark

Mark Staff

Looks like this is working!

St. Peter Ev. Lutheran Church

St. Peter Ev. Lutheran Church Plus

Hello Mark
Thanks for the response.
I have hit play on my vimeo page and on my facebook page (where I placed a link but it never plays...

Mark

Mark Staff

Works for me. Have you given it time to buffer? Can you try another browser?

Mark

Mark Staff

Do you have any antivirus software or firewalls running?

St. Peter Ev. Lutheran Church

St. Peter Ev. Lutheran Church Plus

I didn't. I just recieved the email that said my video is ready. Usually I get that a minute or two after it uploads. this time is was hours. I clicked on the link in the email and it worked..

Tommy Penner

Tommy Penner Staff

Can you try clearing the cookies and cached data in your browser and see if that affects loading? It took a few moments, longer than usual, to load your video on my end, but that's most likely due to the length of the video.

filipe bonito

filipe bonito

i've uploaded my video 24h ago... and it's still "Conversion will begin shortly."

what is going on?

my fried uploaded the same video file to his account to test, and the video is online... what is going on?

vimeo.com/80454238

Tommy Penner

Tommy Penner Staff

It looks like you deleted that clip, were you able to successfully upload it again?

Owens Corning

Owens Corning Plus

At some point today uploads slowed pretty much to a crawl, and now won't proceed at all. they're now crashing with a "DNS" error after just spinning for a while on "upload starting". Any help?

Mark

Mark Staff

Have you tried using an alternate browser to see if there's any difference? If not, please email us so our engineers can take a closer look at this issue vimeo.com/help/contact, in the body of the email please write "Assign to zena".

Jacko Meijaard

Jacko Meijaard Plus

i hope someone sees this in time: video needs to be converted asap. It's stuck at 50%. Got this problem a while back also.

Derek Beck

Derek Beck Staff

Jacko Meijaard

Jacko Meijaard Plus

Thanks, it was already almost finished converting but was stuck at 50%. I hope it will be ready soon i really need it fast.

Jacko Meijaard

Jacko Meijaard Plus

It is off for some reason... Can you maybe look in to it? Thanks!

Derek Beck

Derek Beck Staff

Sorry about that! I gave your video a push to convert. If it doesn't convert, I recommend re-uploading.

Jacko Meijaard

Jacko Meijaard Plus

The same happens. Can someone please give this a push? It's stuck at 50%.

Thanks!

Ali Mann

Ali Mann Plus

My video is 3.44 GB, fits your compression settings, and I'm having a lot of trouble uploading it. The first time, it failed (got the OOPS message). Next time it got up to 11%, but then suddenly was back at 1%. I tried removing all my add-ons in Firefox, switching to Safari, then sitting next to the router. Nothing has worked. Any advice?

Do I need to put this video through some kind of compressor first?

Thanks in advance.

Mark

Mark Staff

Can you try uploading via a hard-wired connection?

Ali Mann

Ali Mann Plus

Not without buying a new cable, which I can do at some point. Can you give me a sense of how long I can expect a video like that to take to upload (understanding changes in vimeo traffic will have some effect) if I'm using a private wifi connection?

Mark

Mark Staff

It entirely depends on your internet connection and the strength/quality of that connection.

Peter Beddow

Peter Beddow PRO

My 3 min 48 sec video has been processing for about 10 hours now. Can you help? I've attached the embed code below.

andrew garton

andrew garton Plus

Jeez, more than an hour later and Vimeo is still saying "Conversion will begin shortly."

Folks I'm relying on this service to preview edits to crew and stake holders like now! Agonising at this end ought not be an option. Why are these problems so frequent?

andrew garton

andrew garton Plus

Yes but that doesn't explain why these problems. I tried loading up a 480p render as the 780p to see if that would expidite the process. It didn't seem to. I left to driving 30 mins with a USB stick in hand to preview this edit. So again this appears to be a common problem from what I've read. Answering with "It looks like your video converted!" doesn't provide solution let alone aknowledge that there's a problem.

andrew garton

andrew garton Plus

Unbelievable!

Loaded up another edit over 6 hours ago and it's been at 100% for the past 2 - 3 hours. The response you folks are providing is really poor. Plenty of folks here know what they're doing. We're no mugs. Sort it. For now I'm loading my previews up else where...

Foundation Training

Foundation Training PRO

My video is just hanging on Conversion About to Begin, how often does this happen? Not really making me happy that I paid money for this account.

Derek Beck

Derek Beck Staff

Could you please link me to the video in question?

Derek Beck

Derek Beck Staff

Sorry about that! I am going to reconvert your video.

Ox

Ox

many thanks, appears to have sorted it!

kbaxterpackwood

kbaxterpackwood PRO

I uploaded the Trailor for my VOD video series 45 minutes ago and the little circle is still spinning. How long should it take for a 91 second trailor??? vimeo.com/84717534

Derek Beck

Derek Beck Staff

Could you try re-uploading the video with an alternate web browser?

All About Food

All About Food PRO

Videos encoding (very small test vids) but getting color bar thumbnails all day. (Uploaded via advanced api and tested with standard upload form on vimeo.com)

All the same video which was uploaded several times yesterday and returned correct thumbnails.

Link: vimeo.com/user23419236/videos

ibaracreativemedia

ibaracreativemedia

I've been uploading for 9 hours on a 2 minute 16 second video. I also tried to upload to Youtube and it took less than 10 minutes, IF that. Can any tech support people help me out please...thx

link: vimeo.com/86251956

Link: vimeo.com/86251956

Mark

Mark Staff

Looks like these uploads are failing. Can you please email us so an uploading engineer can have a closer look? vimeo.com/help/contact

Mark

Mark Staff

Looks like these uploads are failing. Can you please email us so an uploading engineer can have a closer look? vimeo.com/help/contact

Brad Stroot

Brad Stroot

This video is taking a long time to encode to HD and I'm starting to think that it's a glitch. I've seen this a lot with Vimeo videos for a long time... surely it's something that can be fixed?

Link: vimeo.com/80097282

Mark

Mark Staff

Sorry about that, i'm working on this right now.

This conversation is missing your voice. Please join Vimeo or log in.