Mark

Mark Staff

If anyone is having trouble uploading, please send us an email so our uploading/encoding engineers can help you vimeo.com/help/contact

Athleteography

Athleteography PRO

Hey guys it seems like I am having a lot of stalls that never start up again during the day. This has been going on for like a week and I upload several days a week. Usually better at night. The same type of files as all my over 250 videos?

Athleteography

Athleteography PRO

update I just tried uploading a short video. which when supposedly done came up with your "upload incomplete" page....????

Mark

Mark Staff

Are you uploading from a hard-wired, non-wifi connection?

Derek Beck

Derek Beck Staff

Are you uploading from a hard-wired, non-wifi connection?

Derek Beck

Derek Beck Staff

Are you uploading from a hard-wired, non-wifi connection? Also, could you try updating Safari to it's latest version and give it another try?

Athleteography

Athleteography PRO

Nothings changed from the last 100 videos I have uploaded. I successfully uploaded a small file in the last couple of hours, but the large files (around 2GB) are just stalling. Just tried again it's stalled at
40%. Yes hard wired, latest Safari

Mark

Mark Staff

Can you try it from a different internet connection?

Athleteography

Athleteography PRO

No, can you see my videos stalling? Are you guys backed up? Like I said the small files seem to b fine.

Derek Beck

Derek Beck Staff

Could you try uploading with an alternate web browser?

Santo W

Santo W Plus

Very slow upload for me, too. First try it failed (got an Ouch! message). Second try is now stalling at 49% (of 922MB). Earlier, uploading 2 smaller clips (120MB & 180MB) were successful. IE on Ethernet, FIOS.

Santo W

Santo W Plus

Aborted that and 3rd try got a DNS Error, please try again.

NVISIA

NVISIA PRO

2 uploads worked and on the 3rd (the smallest of the 3) I repeatedly get "DNS Error, try again." ...and I do and it fails, again.

Santo W

Santo W Plus

4th try that was started last night did not complete. In the morning it was hung around 80%. This morning I did 5th try, this time using Chrome instead of IE and it finally succeeded. Not sure because I changed to Chrome, or because whatever problem was there, cleared up in the morning.

natebower

natebower Plus

Same here...tried both Firefox and Chrome. Finally worked on two files that were only 8mb each, but just won't upload a 855mb file. Hardwired connection and never had an issue uploading before.

Artifice Films

Artifice Films Plus

Also tried Safari and Chrome and the upload either failed to start, uploaded and then gave me an error saying oops or uploaded and then gave me an error saying the file wasn't a video file.

ES

ES PRO

Same problems. DNS error, slow upload, usually out of 5 videos I try to upload 2 or more of them fail almost every time. Once in a while, like a slot machine, I get all 5 to upload.

Compression settings all good and I've tried different browsers, internet connections and computers. Seems like this is a common problem; I see a lot of forum posts about this (vimeo.com/forums/help/topic:103565; vimeo.com/forums/help/topic:16738) which Vimeo keeps locking so users keep starting new posts about the same problem.

Did you guys design healthcare.gov too?

Mark

Mark Staff

If anyone is having trouble uploading, please send us an email so our uploading/encoding engineers can help you vimeo.com/help/contact

This conversation is missing your voice. Please join Vimeo or log in.