Bech

Bech

Hi all,

I don't know why but I can't play any new video in Vimeo : (
I've tried everything I know (installed flash, reinstalled chromium, checked the extensions etc) but I don't find the problem.
I use Ubuntu + Chromium

Any idea?

Thanks a lot !!

Derek Beck

Derek Beck Staff

Are you able to play videos in an other web browsers?

Mark

Mark Staff

Please try Chrome, not Chromium.

Bech

Bech

But I use Ubuntu and for Ubuntu there is Chromium : /

Bech

Bech

thanks Mark...with chrome it works : ))

Tagsters.nl

Tagsters.nl

Same here, just this week. In Win8

Edi

Edi

I'm having the same problem. I'm on Win XP, and the problem started only after I "upgraded" to Firefox 25.0.1. I reverted to Firefox 24 to see if that would help but it didn't. I can play videos just fine on Chrome, Safari, and IE, but I don't like any of those browsers and I'd very much prefer to stick with FF. (Believe me, I've complained to them as well. I'm just trying all possible sources for help.)

I appreciate anything at all that you can tell me. It's very annoying.

Mark

Mark Staff

Do you have any browser add-ons or plugins running? Can you try uninstalling and reinstalling flash?

Charles Rush

Charles Rush

I have the same problem Windows 8.1, IE updated. Every video has the message: "This video can't be played with your current setup". But no information on what was insufficient or lacking. Fairly useless message.

Tommy Penner

Tommy Penner Staff

Are you on a computer or a Windows 8.1 tablet/touch device?

Charles Rush

Charles Rush

On a Lenovo Yoga 13 - Intel Core I5. What codecs are needed by Vimeo?

Tommy Penner

Tommy Penner Staff

You shouldn't need any special codecs to play back video from Vimeo. Do you see this message on vimeo.com, with embedded videos, or both?

Charles Rush

Charles Rush

I see it on both embedded and just trying to play a video I up loaded, and other offerings directly on the vimeo site

Tommy Penner

Tommy Penner Staff

On the desktop, in IE, if you go to Compatibility View settings, is Vimeo listed? Can you also try clearing the cache, cookies, and temporary internet files?

Charles Rush

Charles Rush

Did that and no impact, still can't play anything

JRWebb

JRWebb

My two oldest videos will play, but that's all. Same error as above. I'm using Chrome, up to date flash player and Windows XP. Clearly if some work and some don't, it's not on my end. Right?

Please explain what "your current setup" is referring to. It's vague.

Derek Beck

Derek Beck Staff

Could you please link me to one of the videos you are having trouble viewing?

fan19

fan19

Nothing seems to work anymore. Always: "This video can't be played with your current setup". This happens in my Vimeo channel and on my website, not with chrome but withinternet explorer.

Alex Dao

Alex Dao Staff

Sorry for the trouble! What operating system are you on, and what version of IE are you on?

fan19

fan19

Windows 7 and Internet Explorer 11

Frank Keyner

Frank Keyner Plus

Hi,

Unfortunately, I have the same problem with my video: vimeo.com/79473529
It works on iOS 6.1 but not on iOS 7. Most of my clients are using this version to view the videos on the road. Does anybody know why this happens?

Link: vimeo.com/79473529

Derek Beck

Derek Beck Staff

Are you able to view the video in an alternate web browser? Also have you tried clearing cache in Safari?

Frank Keyner

Frank Keyner Plus

Hi Derek,

Thanks for your reply! On my iPhone 4s (with iOS7), iPad Air and iPad 2 the video won't work. Clearing cache also won't work.

Can you see anything strange with the video itself? Because my other video's are playing nicely.

Zena Hirsch

Zena Hirsch Staff

To clarify, all videos play on iOS7 except for that particular video? If so, what error message do you see when you view that video on iOS7?

Frank Keyner

Frank Keyner Plus

Hi Zena,
That's right. All my other video's are working correctly.

I get a popup saying: "the specified URL was not found on this server" and when I click ok it says:
"This video can't be played with your current setup"

I tried to create a custom URL but that did't work so I removed it again. Maybe something went wrong in the database?

Mikey Perry

Mikey Perry Staff

Thanks for the additional info Frank – I saw the same thing on my iPhone (running iOS 7). I noticed there was an error with the mobile version of your video so I ran a custom job through our conversion system, and it seems to be playing fine now. Could you try again on your end?

Frank Keyner

Frank Keyner Plus

Hi Mikey,

Thanks for the reply. It is working now! Again, thanks for the quick and great support!

Morris Lane Creative Media

Morris Lane Creative Media Plus

Same problem.

My Safari app on IOS7 ipad 2 produces:

"This video can't be played with your current setup"

iPad Vimeo app wouldn't even display this particular video - not even a thumbnail.

Link: vimeo.com/81106584

Tommy Penner

Tommy Penner Staff

Sorry about that! There are some issues with our content delivery network at the moment that are likely causing that issue. Our apologies for any inconvenience!

This conversation is missing your voice. Please join Vimeo or log in.