Steven Charles

Steven Charles

I see the thumbnail, hit Play, but then get the arrow in the window, with "click to run adobe flash" under it. No matter how many times I click it, nothing happens. Other videos, (YouTube/Facebook, etc) work fine...

Link: vimeo.com/81720536

Derek Beck

Derek Beck Staff

Could you try opening an alternate web browser and give it another shot? Does the same issue occur?

klode1

klode1

same here i see the thumbnail, click on play.... nothing append,,,, just a blank screen
this append for all vidoes on VIMEO......
please help because it was working well before

Lien: vimeo.com/81720536

Derek Beck

Derek Beck Staff

Please try updating your web browser and give it another shot. Does the same issue occur?

klode1

klode1

i have internet explorer 11..... same issue :(

Lien: i have internet explore 11.... was working well before.... still same problem :(

Derek Beck

Derek Beck Staff

Could you try clearing cache in your web browser?

klode1

klode1

sorry was away... yes i did all that.... same problem

Terry K

Terry K

Similar issue for me. Click on a vid, the players pops up but when I click play it goes immediately to the end like Ive watched the vid. Frustrating.

Derek Beck

Derek Beck Staff

Could you try opening an alternate web browser and give it another shot? Does the same issue occur?

Terry K

Terry K

Thanks Derek. It does indeed work fine on IE, so why wont it work on Firefox?

Derek Beck

Derek Beck Staff

Are you running any add-ons or plugins with Firefox? Could you try disabling them?

Terry K

Terry K

I disabled all add ons and plugins (one at a time, then all at once) turned off popup blockers, updated all media players, did a virus scan and ran two malware/spyware scans. Nothing. I dont get it.

Terry K

Terry K

Zena: That got it! Thanks a MILLION! Was really starting to miss Vimeo!

David Stirling

David Stirling Plus

I appear to be getting the opposite problem to everyone else - videos are playing fine in Firefox but in IE there is an insanely long delay in the play button appearing on screen for our videos.

When you open any video you see the standard large thumbnail view with the title and the 3 buttons below as normal but the play button, timeline etc is nowhere to be seen. You have to leave the page open for over a minute before the play button finally appears. Clearing cache and restarting makes no difference. I'm on Windows 7 sp1 & IE 9.0.8112.16421, but others in the office are having the same issue with IE.

Our concern is obviously with these being embedded in web pages that users end up thinking the video isn't working (since we all know how patient web users are).

Derek Beck

Derek Beck Staff

Hi David, are your running any add-ons or plugins with IE? If so, could you try disabling them and then take another look? Thanks.

David Stirling

David Stirling Plus

Hi. Thanks for the reply. I've just gone in and disabled all plugins but it didn't resolve the issue. Play controls are still taking well over a minute to appear. We have also had emails from parties in other companies to say they are experiencing the same problem.

Andrew Tate

Andrew Tate Staff

Hi David, which version(s) of IE have you seen this happen with?

David Stirling

David Stirling Plus

Hi. I'm on Windows 7 sp1 & IE 9.0.8112.16421, but others in the office are having the same issue with IE. I'm not in the office now so I don't have the details of the others to hand.

bassel ghandour

bassel ghandour PRO

Hi, Im having trouble with a video I posted a while ago. It used to load fine for everyone, but now several people have complained about it not loading. I've tried and I'm facing the same issue (on a couple of computers) - I never used to have trouble with it. Help?
vimeo.com/82571078

Link: vimeo.com/82571078

Mikey Perry

Mikey Perry Staff

I'm able to load and play your video just fine, although it does take a moment to initiate – probably because the file is rather large. How long does it take until the video starts playing for you?

bassel ghandour

bassel ghandour PRO

Hi Mikey, Im still unable to play the video - on several computers, and asked a couple of my colleagues and they are experiencing hte same thing. We have uploaded files of similar size before, and never had issues with it. They usually play fine. this one stays on "loading" and never loads a frame. Help please

David Stirling

David Stirling Plus

Hi. My issue is still happening as well. For the hell of it I timed how long it took from the the page with one of our videos displaying until the point where we get to see the play button (playback control bar) and actually be able to run a video. Clocking in at 2 minutes 6 seconds.

Its not just us either, but it does appear to only be in IE. We cant reasonably expect clients to hang around for that length of time before realising that there is actually a video there, and that they are not just staring at a still image.

This conversation is missing your voice. Please join Vimeo or log in.