Tommy Penner

Tommy Penner Staff

//UPDATE 5/12/14
Unfortunately it looks like the code we pushed didn't fix the issue, and that it may be up to Philips to roll out a fix. We're still working with Philips and our app partners for a solution, but there is no ETA for when a permanent fix will be made. Our apologies for any inconvenience this may cause you.

//UPDATE 5/7/14
Hi everyone, we pushed an update for this today, try logging into the Vimeo app on Philips TV and let us know if you're still having any trouble!

//UPDATE 4/1/14
Hi everyone, unfortunately it looks like this is an issue on Philips' end and not within our control. We've reached out to Philips for support but have no answer as to why this is occurring or when we can expect a fix. Our apologies for any inconvenience -- when we have more information we'll post here!

//ORIGINAL POST 2/10/14
Hi everyone, there's currently an issue with the Vimeo app for Philips Smart TVs that was caused by the January 31st DDoS attack. Our developers and partners are working as hard as we can to resolve this issue, and we hope to have a fix released soon!

Alex Dao

Alex Dao Staff

Can you describe what's happening and what troubleshooting steps you've taken?

JULIANA CAMPOS

JULIANA CAMPOS

The app icon appears on my TV, but doesn't work, don't even run. Just keep loading... After this, is like the app give up to work and the home page of my smart tv come back to normal.

Basically, is like the app don't run, there is only an icon that doesn't work.

Alex Dao

Alex Dao Staff

We will look into this once everyone's back in the office Monday!

Michał Stefaniak

Michał Stefaniak

I have exactly the same problem on my philips 65 PFL 9708 S in Poland. Looks that upgrade cut down access to vimeo app. Strange.

Michał Stefaniak

Michał Stefaniak

Looks that Vimeo app is dead :( i downgraded my tv to previous software version. No activate code appears and "error unable to load videos right now, please try again later" text when trying to play anything. Pitty... it was ma favorite app, even if the interface was more "classic" than modern comparing to other apps.

Tommy Penner

Tommy Penner Staff

We're still working on this, sorry Michal. The mitigation efforts we made due to the DDoS attack seem to be affecting certain TV apps.

Michał Stefaniak

Michał Stefaniak

Apparently it's more serious problem than i thought. Keep my fingers crossed for fast recovery of your servers.
Mike

Stephane SILVESTRE

Stephane SILVESTRE

Hi, same problem in France 2 tV Philips 7708 and 5008 both cannot show vimeo video...
What's pitty, wish the things will fix quickly !

Tommy Penner

Tommy Penner Staff

Sorry for the trouble Stephane, we're looking into this now!

Jeppe Svendsen

Jeppe Svendsen Plus

Same problem on my Philips tv. Denmark. Hope you guys can fix it.

Saj Richter

Saj Richter

Same issue here in Germany with Philips Smart TV.

Henrik

Henrik Plus

Same issue in Sweden with Philips smart TV.

Derek Beck

Derek Beck Staff

Sorry for the trouble! We are looking into this and we will get back to you on Monday.

Christian Krahl

Christian Krahl

Hello,
my problem is the Vimeo app 1.3 for LG in Germany, I can't avtivate my Smart TV again.
The login code for activating gets lost and a reconnection is not possible, I get the Error Message:
Loading timed out. Please try again later.

John Kristian Ellertsen

John Kristian Ellertsen Plus

Hei!
Is it suppose to be version 0.7.5 in the Philips smart tv?
I just get: ERROR loading timed out. Try again later..
But it works on Apple TV on same wifi.
Norway

Tommy Penner

Tommy Penner Staff

Hi John, we're still working on this one. Philips smart TVs use a different (and not often used) method of accessing Vimeo, which is why it's the only app not working at the moment.

aseedof

aseedof Plus

I just bought my Philips Smart TV 2014 .I found Vimeo icon on it and tried to login with my Vimeo Pro account. Both Smart TV and the website wants the verifying code. Finally,the smart TV told it has error. No movie can be seen :( So sad. Are they truely supporting each others?

aseedof

aseedof Plus

Thanks, Tommy. Do you know when it will work out? I am so much looking forward for that.

Tommy Penner

Tommy Penner Staff

No ETA unfortunately. We're a US-based company, and Philips pulled out of the US market years ago, so it has become extremely difficult for us to troubleshoot.

Mr Cadillac

Mr Cadillac

Same problem with my 46pfl9705 - too bad the only app I´m really using on my TV :-( I hope you can fix it.

Tommy Penner

Tommy Penner Staff

We've made some progress in trying to find the cause of this problem, but sadly no ETA for a fix.

Mr Cadillac

Mr Cadillac

Thanks for your efforts Tommy - lets hope you will find a solution soon.

pravindkumar ramessur

pravindkumar ramessur

hello guys am getting problem to asociat my tv to vimeo account ,its a philip smart tv
plz help me

Link: vimeo.com

Tommy Penner

Tommy Penner Staff

We're collecting data, but unfortunately this is an issue on Philips' end. Our apologies for any inconvenience.

Tommy Penner

Tommy Penner Staff

Hi Jozef, we pushed a fix for this today, try logging into the Vimeo app on Philips TV and let us know if you're still having any trouble!

Mitch

Mitch

Hi Tommy
I have a Philips LED-TV 40PFL7605H/12. I also get the "Unable to load video " message, that's how I got to this site. I made an account and activated it. Via my TV I get to the "Login with your Vimeo account" screen. It tells me "Login or create an account on vimeo.com then go to vimeo.com/activate . Enter the code below to associate this TV with your vimeo account. "
No code is visible, and the screen does not treact to my philips remote control.

Mitch

Mitch

Using the NET-TV internet option on my TV, I surfed to google. The remote isn't very user friendly, and nothing reacts as fast as on a PC. But anyway, I found the Vimeo weblinks via google. Most links don't react at all, so I connected to the "compression guidelines" link, and gave it time to load properly. Then I went to the "Log in" link. The log In screen half appears but it's jumpy and it flashes, and the cursor keeps going from one Textbox to the other. I am quitting my attempts for now untill I find some news back on this site. If possible, please keep me informed on my mail so I can try your new solution attempts.

Meghan Oretsky

Meghan Oretsky Staff

Hi Mitch, thanks for writing in. I am forwarding your issue to one of our support team members who can take a closer look on Monday. Until then, hang tight and thanks for your patience!

Tommy Penner

Tommy Penner Staff

Hey Mitch, instead of using the browser on your Philips TV, try visiting vimeo.com/activate from another device, mobile phone, or computer. If your Philips TV gives you a code to enter, enter it on that Activate page.

Luc Fruja

Luc Fruja

I should be posting on Philips and probably not on a Vimeo forum, but this is just fucking ridiculous - VIMEO IS NOT WORKING on my Philips TV. AT ALL. The TV has received several updates since I bought it, and the Vimeo app seems to be getting WORSE. The chances of it actually loading a video are decreasing with each update, it seems. CAN SOMEONE FIX THIS PLEASE?

Meghan Oretsky

Meghan Oretsky Staff

Hi Luc, sorry for any frustration - are you not able to open the Vimeo app altogether, or are you having trouble playing videos? If you could explain the errors with as much details as possible, that would be much appreciated!

Tommy Penner

Tommy Penner Staff

We've done just about everything we can from our end, but unfortunately this seems to be an issue with Philips.

Leon Voin

Leon Voin

i had vimeo working on my tv for one day and after that i updated the tv`s software. vimeo is not working anymore. please vimeo fix this asap ! :) cheers

Tommy Penner

Tommy Penner Staff

Hi Leon, what model number TV do you have, and what country are you located in? Thanks!

jopieisback

jopieisback

same here in Belgium, vimeo app opens, says: first you need to connect with your vimeo account, shows the screen with: enter the code below but then never gives any code and then gives error, loading timed out,
is this the right forum to ask for a solution or should we ask it at the philips site?

Mark

Mark Staff

What model number TV do you have, and what country are you located in? Thanks!

This conversation is missing your voice. Please join Vimeo or log in.