Cottonwood

Cottonwood

I don't know how much you guys know about facebook, but they have a share feature where you can post videos to your profile. I rarely go to collegehumor.com but I saw on one of my friends profiles that he had posted a video from there site to his profile, and it seemed to be the same flash video player used for this site.

I know very few people on this site probably use facebook but I'd greatly appreciate if you looked into it

Love Mr Belding

Bill Couch

Bill Couch Plus

I'd like to see Facebook integration, too. I share like crazy on Facebook so I'll be sharing Vimeo clips frequently, too.

Andrew Pile

Andrew Pile Staff

In the future sharing with Facebook will work better-- it'll use the correct clip title and thumbnail. I don't know if we'll be adding a button, but you can always use the toolbar button Facebook provides.

Dan

Dan

This feature would be great, I've posted a few vids on facebook without having a thumbnail, which sucks really :)

bk

bk Plus

I'm on facebook too, and more integration would be awesome. One of the most glaring issues is when you use the "share on facebook" feature with a video. When you share a video (with the share feature), the description is a generic "vimeo is an awesome place for people who like video yadda yadda yadda..." A much, much more appealing solution would be to use whatever description is used in the video, much in the same way as youtube. This way, our friends can tell what we're sharing and know that we're not just randomly plugging vimeo.

Cottonwood

Cottonwood

yea I would have to agree with bking about the video description being a little generic.
"A really good site for people who like video, and other people."

But other then that, thank you for correcting the clip with the title!

Brad Miller

Brad Miller

When you share a youtube video on facebook it is playable directly on facebook. When you share a vimeo video, it requires the user to click and be linked to the vimeo page.

How does youtube accomplish this?

Eiman Z

Eiman Z

yeah, im wondering the same thing. Why aren't vimeo files immedatly playable on facebook profiles? YouTube is, MetaCafe is, Viddler is.

john marchan

john marchan Plus

I would love facebook support! The very first people I want to check out my vids would be my FB friends :)

Icebird

Icebird

As of today, the "post to Facebook" feature simply posts a link with no thumbnail entitled "vimeo.com/123456";. The last video I posted in this manner actually included a thumbnail and the video description automatically. Did Facebook break this feature?

Icebird

Icebird

Thanks for checking this out Brad, you rock! Unfortunately I'm getting the same results. Some videos pull in the thumbnail and description, but some don't. I double-checked the permissions on one that didn't and it's completely public. Is there anything you'd like me to try to help debug?

Brad Dougherty

Brad Dougherty Staff

It looks to me like we have everything right on our end. I'm talking with Facebook to try to get this figured out.

dustrotter

dustrotter

Yes I'll second a request for support for Pages on Facebook.

Waterskool

Waterskool

what is better to use for facebook, vimeo or youtube and why? I have some videos I want to post and get as much useage on facebook as well as the rest of the world as possible.

Richard Coskey

Richard Coskey

+1 for making videos post on facebook with a thumbnail.

Kiter Todd

Kiter Todd Plus

When you link Facebook to Vimeo, do the videos follow the sharing rules of Facebook or Vimeo? For instance, I would like to have a vimeo video private but available to my FB friends. I was thinking that to do this I would have to make it a public video and then anyone could see it. which isn't what I want. Open to any suggestions to keep family uploads semi-private w/o requiring everyone to create vimeo accounts. Thanks!

Patrick

Patrick

Are there any plans to add a thumbnail and title of the video you just uploaded or liked onto the link that gets posted to Facebook? Seeing the basic "Patrick just liked a video, or Patrick just uploaded a video" with no title or picture on your Facebook streem seems pretty bland.

Coefficient Media

Coefficient Media Plus

It would be great to publish to a Facebook Fan Page! Any idea when that will be possible? Also, when add a video as a link the thumbnail preview is broken (especially when you add a custom thumbnail), so now it is very hard to get a vimeo video into any fan pages. please fix it!

NCGives

NCGives

Oh, ditto!! Publishing to a Facebook Fan Page is much more of what I need than publishing to an individual profile..

Qrome

Qrome

Yes, publishing to Facebook would be great.

Rick Estrada

Rick Estrada

facebook is huge.. everyone is using it ... would be great to see this

Byron

Byron

posting vimeo movies on facebook is working now! in facebook, just attach your link and it will show up beautifully.

BUMPS FOR BOOMERS

BUMPS FOR BOOMERS Plus

I'm trying to add/embed one specific vimeo video to a custom tab Facebook page. Can't seem to get it to happen using the embed code. Can you supply a specifric example of code that works so I can tweek my code? Thanks.

Blake Whitman

Blake Whitman Staff

you can also use the 'share' button on any video and post it to FB that way.

Marc Percy

Marc Percy Plus

Another nice feature would be if you could work with FB to get it so you could tag your FB contacts in the video. Right now if you add the video on FB, from Vimeo, you can't tag people.

Herbert Nitsch

Herbert Nitsch

the fullscreen function does not work with vimeo on FB, but it does work with YouTube, why?
also would be nice to have the videos in the FB gallery, otherwise they get out of sight soon!

Blake Whitman

Blake Whitman Staff

I believe FB is interfering with our fullscreen function, but we'll take a look.

Robert Avery

Robert Avery

FYI: The thumbnailing / description appears to have stopped working again! I posted a video to my FB profile a couple of months ago, the thumbnail and description and their own link loaded and it all looked great. I tried today and I get the vimeo.com link and 'Source: Vimeo'.

Victor Engel

Victor Engel Plus

I have similar results. If I share a vimeo video from vimeo, it posts a link without the thumbnail. If I include a link in a facebook message to someone, the thumbnail is included.

I would also like to use facebook's tag feature to tag facebook people in vimeo videos. Is that possible? If so, how is it done?

Victor Engel

Victor Engel Plus

Maybe it just takes facebook a while to get the thumbnail. I checked back a few minutes later, and the thumbnail was there. I'd still like to tag facebook friends on vimeo videos.

Luke Johnson

Luke Johnson

This is related so I won't start a new thread.

How do I change the CLIP END behavior for a facebook posted vimeo video. It defauilts to showing my newest 3 videos - but I don't want facebook users to see this, I"d like them to see the black screen option avialble for most embeds.

I tried changing the embed settings on the video to 'blank screen' at the end but it still plays the same on facebook. Do I need to repost it or something or is there a way to do this currently?

Thanks!

Junction 133

Junction 133 Plus

Since your a plus user you can customize your embedding settings. Go to Settings for the Video, then click the Embedding Tab. Scroll down to the header that says "Outro". Then change the "Show" box to nothing. I think that should do it.

missmonkee

missmonkee Plus

I'd love to see the FB integration develop a little more. Main thing is, to be able to look back on those videos, rather than get lost in a pile of wall posts/links.

Specific Points:

1. Be able to tag FB friends in videos and Vimeo friends, VERY valuable feature.

2. Showing up in the "Video" section of Facebook

3. Playback INSIDE Facebook but embedded in a
Vimeo player.

Hope you guys work on some of these things soon. Otherwise Vimeo is great, great quality and nice clean site to use.

Matthew Seremet

Matthew Seremet

My exact needs! I currently upload to both, one on vimeo for everyone to see, and one on facebook for tagging and further exposure/sharability. It's that sharability that facebook offers (and is necessary in the art/"new media" world). Tagging is the most important thing. Tag tag tag people, thats all i hear.

Anne Wilson

Anne Wilson Plus

After following this thread, is there any solution to being able to post videos on a Fan Page? One response I got when I went directly to the "contact us" was that I should check with Facebook! But it appears that others are interested in this feature as well. Is this not possible at all?

Paola Tassinari

Paola Tassinari Plus

Hello, just revisiting this thread, I recently posted a couple of videos to Facebook, but they don't show the thumbnail I chose, just the one from vimeo festival awards, is there a way to show my thumbnail instead of that?

Free Street Theater

Free Street Theater

yes, please add a function to link vimeo to a facebook fan page! would be very useful for film makers, musicians, and... *cough*theater companies*cough*

THURISTAR

THURISTAR Plus

Being able to link Vimeo to a Facebook FAN PAGE (rather than a personal profile) would really be a key asset for a platform such as Vimeo. For a big part, Vimeo is about showcasing work, art, etc and therefore linking to a private profile is not very interesting buzz-wise. Thanks a lot in advance for all of us :)

Filmag

Filmag

Yes it must be

Limelight Studio

Limelight Studio

Agree! Linking vimeo automatically to a facebook fan page would be immensely helpful

Matthew Seremet

Matthew Seremet

Wow this feature was asked for way ahead of it's time. Facebook is now THE THING as opposed to "you may have heard of it."

Joel Metzger

Joel Metzger Plus

FB integration was requested here 4 years ago. I need to create a video gallery for a fan page, for videos on Vimeo, with their thumbnails, etc. Nothing yet? I don't understand.

New City Church of LA

New City Church of LA Plus

Yes, we really need Facebook fan page integration. I don't need my project to show up on my personal site. I need it to show up on the fan page. How do you do this?

Nike Snowboarding

Nike Snowboarding

Yes... I am also looking to link a VIMEO account my company's Fan Page. Since I am the Fan Page admin the Fan Page is linked directly to my personal FB account. I'm trying to link VIMEO to our Fan Page and not to my personal FB account and I haven't found a solution yet. Anyone have any ideas?

porchROCKIN'

porchROCKIN'

HI! I see this is a year ago, but did you figure it out? i have the same question... thanks so much!
-liza

Archway Creative

Archway Creative

Videos absolutely should be put into a player that plays on Facebook, not a thumbnail and a link, most especially for PLUS members - there are so many lesser services that offer this now! And us PLUS folks are paying $59/year! Is this feature coming soon? You offer to "make a mobile version" but of course that's not automatically shared on Facebook either (seems like that would have to be more universal). I have to support YouTube now b/c their videos play automatically - it really is disappointing and makes me consider my money spent on Vimeo. Please let me know if there is any update.

Brad Dougherty

Brad Dougherty Staff

Unfortunately Facebook does not use our new embed code, so the mobile versions will not work on there. I'd suggest contacting their support; if enough people do, they may decide to change to the new code.

Archway Creative

Archway Creative

Hi Brad - Thanks for the quick reply. I may be alone in saying this but ... um... why would Facebook change to your embed code. It's really a world where you should be making your embed code (or a direct for FB-only embed code) to bring your customers to Facebook - which, by the way, is all the more exposure for you. I don't really think they are going to extend themselves for Vimeo, sadly, especially when YouTube and others are happy to make it possible. :-(

Daniel Hayek

Daniel Hayek Staff

I'm not clear on what your're asking, is this a matter of auto play not occurring? If you embed our videos the player shows up on Facebook page still and you can play it. What behavior are you asking for?

Archway Creative

Archway Creative

I'm asking for the standard video play feature that you get with a YouTube video link (and several other video sharing websites). (Also mentioned in several posts above.) When you share the link for the video - in our case that would be vimeo.com/number (or custom URL) - the video itself would appear and be playable right in the Newsfeed or on your Profile. Instead all we get is a thumbnail and a link to the Vimeo page. Again, maybe if you want to monetize it, make that only an option for PLUS members. But, that's been the standard for YT - and every free video - for years now. Compound it with the problem that only PLUS members can make mobile versions of their videos (also standard on Youtube as free and for yearS), it just makes Vimeo's "sharing" features a bit unfriendly.

Brad Dougherty

Brad Dougherty Staff

Looks like this only happens when you use the share button. If you copy the URL and paste it in on Facebook it will play properly. We'll check this out.

Brad Dougherty

Brad Dougherty Staff

On second look, I posted one of your videos to my Facebook profile using both our share button and putting the URL directly into Facebook and they were both playable.

Brad Dougherty

Brad Dougherty Staff

Once you post it to your wall, it should become playable. For some reason, that Facebook share UI does not show that it will be playable.

Archway Creative

Archway Creative

It didn't become playable - stayed exactly as I showed you, just now on my Profile and Newsfeed.

LEFT EYE BLIND

LEFT EYE BLIND Plus

When adding the vimeo tab to our facebook page it embeds ALL our videos and we cannot rearrange the order. Ideally we just want to promote certain videos. Is there a way that you can chose just certain videos to display in FB or ideally link our channel or an album?

thanks
Left Eye Blind

Brad Dougherty

Brad Dougherty Staff

We do not run that Facebook app, you'll have to contact the developer.

McKay Brothers

McKay Brothers Plus

I'm still not sure why we can't embed videos into a Facebook fan page. It seems like a no brainer.

Brad Dougherty

Brad Dougherty Staff

You can, just not automatically. Just paste the URL of the video on the page's wall and it will be embedded.

Reel Productions, LLC

Reel Productions, LLC Plus

So i'm trying to embed a video on my fan page and it's not letting me is there a way i should do this?

Brad Dougherty

Brad Dougherty Staff

If you paste the URL of the video, Facebook will load in the details and it should become an embed once you post.

McKay Brothers

McKay Brothers Plus

Well, I don't know what changed but now I can embed my vimeo video on my Facebook Movie Page. Thanks a lot for the support! I'm very happy this issue was resolved.

Canadian Action Party

Canadian Action Party

If I use the share function on the video (imposed on the video itself) it does not integrate with Facebook. Just shows a funny link. But when I use the share channel button it shares properly. Any ideas... some of the members keep telling me to go to YT but I think Vimeo is so much cleaner and wholesome.

Bikelbon

Bikelbon

Hello,
I am having trouble posting a video to my facebook page wall. When I "share the link" it posts with the tumbnail, but when I click the play button the video doesn't play and the screen is white.

If I share the link on the wall I get this error "There was a problem with the parameters of the request. Body of an error/warning message. Title is: Invalid Request"

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

Bikelbon

Bikelbon

the other video I have worked. but this one doesn't no idea why it has the same privacy settings.
vimeo.com/20005536

Crest Pictures

Crest Pictures Plus

I am having the same issue that Bikelbon has. Paste the video URL in the Facebook. Everything is displayed correctly except when I click to play I get a white screen and no video plays.

My video is open for everyone and embedding is allowed for all sites.

vimeo.com/23318146

Petra Solar

Petra Solar

I too am also have a similar issue. The video will not play when I share it on facebook even though I'm a plus user. I even changed my settings to be viewable anywhere. Please help!

Soxiam

Soxiam Staff

First try deleting the video and sharing again. Facebook uses very aggressive caching scheme so if anything was wrong on the first try and got cached, it won't work. So first try deleting it from facebook and sharing it again to see if that helps.

If it still doesn't work, please post the URL of the video so we can test.

Petra Solar

Petra Solar

I tried deleting it several times. I also changed my plus settings so it can be viewed from anywhere. That didn't work so I changed it back to only be available on vimeo and which ever address I put in like facebook.com. Here is the link to the video

vimeo.com/25834404

Ryan Toyota

Ryan Toyota Plus

I love the Facebook and Twitter integration that allows you to automatically post or tweet when you've uploaded or liked a video; however, I'd love it if an option were also added to automatically post whenever you appear in a video. I think that would be neat.

Or was this not added because it's technically something you don't have control over?

James Anderson

James Anderson

Yes hopefully it does correct it self in the near future.

Alex Acosta

Alex Acosta PRO

Please do something about that Vimeo description upon sharing. i.e: "Vimeo is a respectful community of creative people who are passionate about sharing the videos they make. Use Vimeo if you want the best tools and highest quality video in the universe."

After sharing several videos in succession, it appears to viewers like my video posts are generic ad posts.

Any word on this?

AAA

Soxiam

Soxiam Staff

Can you clarify how you are sharing videos to facebook when you see this description show up? Are you using the facebook share button in our share screen? Because, if you do, and if the video has description, that should show up.

Alex Acosta

Alex Acosta PRO

Hi Sox, I 1. simply click the share option in the upper right hand of the player.2. Click FaceBook. 3. Enter names of people or walls. 4. Done!

I still get the vimeo default message.

I did discover that if you click the little box with the default message in section 2-3 you can edit the message...but I only figured that out by accident.

Not very intuitive.

All my friends reposted my latest vimeo video and it seems like FB has been littered with this default message.

Ideal Films International

Ideal Films International Plus

there are still no thumbnails for me either way...tried clicking on the share button on my video here in vimeo but it doesn't show thumbnails when posted to my facebook's company fan page.

i copied the link of my video, clicked "link" on facebook under status update, it appeared without thumbnails and when posted, there is still no thumbnail...

am I missing anything here? :)

Pronetis

Pronetis

Hy! I seem to have a problem with facebook sharing also. When I share a video on my Wall and then click 'play', it automatically goes to fullscreen in a new tab. No idea where that came from.
Videos used to be playable right on the wall.
Could you help? Thank you.

La Cinema

La Cinema Plus

Same problem here. vimeo video used to be playable straight away on facebook wall. somehow it opens new window/tab in fullscreen. Youtube seems to play just fine.

Bart Vogelaar

Bart Vogelaar

yeah same problem here also. it's really annoying. does facebook going to fix this? thank you.

Amgine Events

Amgine Events

Im having the same issue as above the post on facebook is being open in a full screen window can you fix this issue soon or let us know whats goin on

Soxiam

Soxiam Staff

Facebook sometimes gets overly aggressive with their cache that causes issues with thumbnails. Please try deleting the post and posting it again.

Tu Iglesia

Tu Iglesia

Soxiam, I have deleted the post 5 times, refreshed the screen several times and even closed Chrome completely. any other ideas as to how to get the thumbnail to show up? This is the first time out of more than 30 videos that this happens to.

Soxiam

Soxiam Staff

Can you post the URL of the video in question (in our HELP forum please) so we may test this?

Jason Gelman

Jason Gelman

I'm trying to follow the comments but I'm still not sure if I understand how it works.

I'm trying to post this video ( vimeo.com/34088318 ) on Facebook. When I post that link, or embed it, or share it, I get the same outcome every time. Which is that the link and video player post on my personal wall, but in the news feed, there is just a link. Is the video itself supposed to show up in the News Feed also? I can't figure it out! Thanks.

Mision Evang Catedral de Vida

Mision Evang Catedral de Vida Plus

Thumbnail does not appear in facebook. and vimeo logo appears on facebook, and I have plus account, says no ads vimeo plus account? how to hide the ads?

Daniel Newman

Daniel Newman

Where is the share to Facebook button? Did it get removed in the new version or am I just an idiot.

Özge Arslan Özbil

Özge Arslan Özbil

I also can not share my video on facebook. When I click on Share button, then I can not see the facebook button, although I linked my social network account on Vimeo.
Could you please check?
vimeo.com/39552712

douglas brauer

douglas brauer

Share button for facebook now disappeared on this new version of Vimeo. When I paste the code on the update status it will indeed create a link that will open an external window but now nobody can't watch my shares on my timeline.

Jimin Ha

Jimin Ha

Is there any other way that I can embedded the private video in facebook, so other people can play like other youtube video or facebook video inside of their newsfeed, without opening another window? This looks very ugly.

Ocean Sports Media

Ocean Sports Media Plus

Yes the new vimeo player does not embed in Facebook anymore, only a thumbnail and link which opens a new window at Vimeo website. This needs to be fixed again.

Arielle voght

Arielle voght

I found out a trick to have it have a play button on facebook!!!! Okay, so hit the share button on FB, and instead of sharing it there is a spot where you can 'Like' the video. Just like it and it says you can comment on it, so just write whatever you want. then then press post! And there you have it!! Its playable on facebook!!!

This conversation is missing your voice. Please join Vimeo or log in.